Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtFox View Post
    Welcome to Websleuths!

I don't think you've lived there long enough, but I'm sure the Chamber of Commerce and all the real estate agents don't tell newcomers about the murder history of Signal Mt.

There have actually been some unusual murders and violent crime there
    Thanks for the quick history ThoughtFox - I'm a bit disturbed now

I still feel relatively safe in comparison to the kind of violence that seems commonplace every day in Chattanooga, but obviously we are not immune.

I haven't seen the video yet, but did it seem like the police were slow to respond to the 1988 murder? What did it take to get that one solved?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SignalMountain Guy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SignalMountain Guy View Post

I still feel relatively safe in comparison to the kind of violence that seems commonplace every day in Chattanooga, but obviously we are not immune.

I haven't seen the video yet, but did it seem like the police were slow to respond to the 1988 murder? What did it take to get that one solved?
    IIRC... It was a couple of years later..Seems LE set her up.. To their advantage she had a weakness for good looking men and an undercover agent with "gorgeous" eyes got her to spill everything...JMHO

ETA..Sorry, I responded in regards to the Mosher case being solved... I didn't realize you werent talking about the Mosher case...
    Last edited by Emeralgem; 05-17-2011 at 06:03 PM. Reason: ETA..
    "It's been clear from day one that the contradicting statements from the family members are not the truth," said Capt. Johnny Greenwood, spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.

JUSTICE HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED AND HIDDEN IN THE LAW

ok holly I got the ten minute thing from the last comment here: http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/...tody-children/ from someone who claims to know gail and the neighbors side of the story.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sophieness For This Useful Post:

I have registered Gail on NamUs, a national missing persons system. But I think it needs more info, if maybe someone can supply the police info.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to kikidee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SignalMountain Guy View Post

There may have been some delay getting a search warrant for the property. I hate to say because it's been a while since I studied the case, and I'd have to go back and watch Unsolved Mysteries to get it right.

What it took to get it solved was finding the bodies, which they did, buried in the woods. What it took for a conviction was several trials. Casteel's wife stayed loyal to him, but his girlfriend turned state's evidence and she had taped him on the phone saying stuff about the cover-up. I'm not sure if they allowed those tapes to be played, but he was convicted anyway.

Here's the Crime Stoppers that was shown on Channel 3 before it was solved. It has a reenactment of the events leading up to the dissapearance of the three men. It would be nice to see a reenactment of the Palmgren case with a reward attached like this.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eOyIkya9g4[/ame]

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jrb0124 View Post
    Its recorded and posted now (the 8 minute press conference).

Here is a link to it
    I was gone much of the day. So I didn't see the news conference until now. I had earlier heard that Gail's husband had attended.

After watching this so called 'news conference,' all I can say is.....

Let me catch up.

fran

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    (eta i WROTE SOME COMMENTS next to the recap of the pc)

ok i realize i'm a newbie here and far too close (w/o being actually involved w/ the family) to the sitch so forgive my frustration. can some of you experts tell me what this stuff means? is it just a "appease the frothing public" kinda thing or was there real info in there that i'm missing?
    I'm definitely no expert! But I've been around for awhile.

nothing
    yes
    no

JMHO
    fran

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    Per Channel 3's FB, a woman, LBS, states there was a tape of GP taking the $420K. LBS's FB shows one of MP's brothers as a friend. FWIW

http://www.facebook.com/WRCBtv/posts/225253184158731
    Withdrawing $420K from a joint account on a single day without the other signatory's authorization? I don't think so. I'd be shocked if she (or MP for that matter) could have withdrawn even $5K cash in a day. I call BS on this...

15. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jrb0124 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
    Is it possible LE is playing possum so as not to give anything away, but is really working on this case? Please--because I can't believe they aren't doing anything!!!!
    I believe this PC said what it means, and means what it said.

LE isn't doing anything except waiting for Gail to return.

Gail's sister is in shambles and doing everything she can, without any help from LE or the husband.

The husband waited how many weeks to put a plea out to Gail?
    The husband said himself, when he was saying she's done this before, 'but she always stayed in touch with the children.'

The husband's hired criminal defense attorneys accompanying him to the pc, speaks VOLUMES!

Unfortunately, I think we saw the uphill battle that those who CARE for Gail are faced in order to get SOMEONE to REALLY look for Gail.

I admit, this doesn't look good for Gail IF she's NOT out there somewhere and someone did something to her. I can see the names STEBIC or
    STACY PETERSON written all over this unsolved bin this is headed for!

Oh My Goodness!

JMHO
    fran

PS>.....oh, does anyone know if Matt gave out his new cell phone number IF his wife decided to call? Or does he already know, she won't be needing it, after all?

17. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

Withdrawing $420K from a joint account on a single day without the other signatory's authorization? I don't think so. I'd be shocked if she (or MP for that matter) could have withdrawn even $5K cash in a day. I call BS on this...
    agree, don't believe it either, IMO

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fraudqueen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    I believe this PC said what it means, and means what it said.

LE isn't doing anything except waiting for Gail to return.

Gail's sister is in shambles and doing everything she can, without any help from LE or the husband.

The husband waited how many weeks to put a plea out to Gail?
    The husband said himself, when he was saying she's done this before, 'but she always stayed in touch with the children.'

The husband's hired criminal defense attorneys accompanying him to the pc, speaks VOLUMES!

Unfortunately, I think we saw the uphill battle that those who CARE for Gail are faced in order to get SOMEONE to REALLY look for Gail.

I admit, this doesn't look good for Gail IF she's NOT out there somewhere and someone did something to her. I can see the names STEBIC or
    STACY PETERSON written all over this unsolved bin this is headed for!

Oh My Goodness!

JMHO
    fran

PS>.....oh, does anyone know if Matt gave out his new cell phone number IF his wife decided to call? Or does he already know, she won't be needing it, after all?

Fran, BBM

I think he filed a restraining order instead.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to redfish For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
    Thanks for your take on all this. When you say a celebrity will have to take notice to get things moving faster, I wonder,has the case been featured on AMW yet?

I also wonder if the police don't want to investigate because of MP's status in his job --even though he is on administrative leave now? Could they be fearful of him because of his position? Just a thought.
    OT

Just fyi, AMW is on a break, I don't know why. But then I read that FOX had cancelled them.

Take that fwiw,
    fran

PS....otoh, there's Nancy Grace, JVM, I guess that's all......maybe they could get some traction....fran

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

And what a coincidence, the person who makes this claim also says what a "great dad" MP is to look out for his children like he is doing. Ummhmmmmm...

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    OT

Just fyi, AMW is on a break, I don't know why. But then I read that FOX had cancelled them.

Take that fwiw,
    fran

PS....otoh, there's Nancy Grace, JVM, I guess that's all......maybe they could get some traction....fran
    http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/...,5549397.story

AMW on Fox is toast. Two hour specials to conclude the series between now and June.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whimdriven For This Useful Post:

UPDATE: Sheriff assisting in search for missing mother
    Posted: May 17, 2011 12:30 PM EDT Updated: May 17, 2011 6:27 PM EDT

Watch this video. Starting at 00:55, a dispatcher is communicating a "be on the lookout" broadcast. At 01:08, it shows the dispatcher's screen. There are several entries regarding Gail. One says "She has left various items w/friends in case something happened to her"

Attached is the screenshot.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14661367
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cloudajo; 05-17-2011 at 08:44 PM. Reason: added link to video

29. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to cloudajo For This Useful Post:

Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast