TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Gail Nowacki Palmgren is missing as of 4/30/11 from Signal Mountain TN.
She is driving a Jeep Rubicon, 4 door, Red, with AL license plate number "Eazy St" .
Gail is 5'8", blond hair, 135 lbs. Call Signal Mountain PD at 423-886-2124

sigpic3550_5.gif

WRCB TV
14595650_BG1.JPG

14595650_BG2.JPG

Thread #1

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135941"]Media Links[/ame]

[ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136222]Timeline[/ame]

I wouldn't read TOO much into the "connection" verbiage. Connection means, it's happening as we speak. He's too distracted to work. They're not passing judgment. So, he's taking time away from the job. This could have been at his request. Now if they'd said, "administrative leave without pay" (specifically, but they did not) - I could read more into the affair with a coworker/disciplinary leave idea ...

They also didn't say administrative leave WITH pay. Also, anytime I've read that someone was "placed" on administrative leave, it was not at the request of the employee. Now, if he had taken a leave of absence, that would be much different than placed on administrative leave. JMO.

So, we know from Gail's neighbor, her husband was having an affair with a co-worker.

We also learn that the neighbor CONFIRMS her SUSIPICIONS also, that Gail MAYBE was being followed. The NEIGHBOR WITNESSED the suspicious car Gail was speaking of, on MORE than one occasion.

As far as the husband saying Gail had 'mental problems,' he's PROBABLY been trying to tell her she's paranoid about him having and affair and then denying it, and then SOMEONE APPEARS to MAYBE be following her as witnessed by the neighbor.

Yep! This is how they start. :(

JMHO
fran

NOW, WHERE IS GAIL!?

I really wouldn't read too much into the administrative leave thing. Brad Cooper's employer put him on administrative leave, with pay as well. Of course he could do some of his work at home, it was a high tech company.
I think it may be SOP, especially for the better paying jobs.

Of course, Brad Cooper never did get back to work. HE was just convicted of his wife's murder. :(

fran

They also didn't say administrative leave WITH pay. Also, anytime I've read that someone was "placed" on administrative leave, it was not at the request of the employee. Now, if he had taken a leave of absence, that would be much different than placed on administrative leave. JMO.

Notice that it wasn't BCBST that made this announcement. As far as they're concerned, I'm sure whatever kind of leave, they're treating it as a typically private personnel/HR concern. So with or without, I don't think it's necessary to jump to huge conclusions based on a single statement made by his attorney.

Having worked in a few insurance companies in my time, I know that, generally, insurers are fiercely private with their ins/outs, and HR is no different.

Anyone posting media links, please add to the Media Thread also for easy reference. TY

I think we need to bring today's news articles over here. Lots of good stuff.

The one thing that pops out at me in the article below, is the family, friends, and people who didn't even know Gail, are out handing out 10K flyers, and where is Matt?

According to what we know, since Gail has disappeared, Matt has reluctantly reported Gail missing...................Matt has sent his children to unknown locations.........................Matt has filed a restraining order and custody order and court order to access all monies............................Matt has hired a PI to look for Gail........................Matt doesn't allow Gail's family or anyone looking for his wife, to enter his home.........................Matt has been put on administrative leave.....................after the initial phone interview, Matt is refusing or leaving unanswered any further media comments..............

Uhmmmmmmm.................WHAT is Matt doing?

Just curious,
fran

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14655364

His attorney, Bryan Hoss, tells Channel 3 Matthew Palmgren has hired a private investigator to look for Gail, and is busy taking care of the couple's children.

One week after Gail went missing, Matthew Palmgren filed a restraining order against her and filed a motion for custody of their two kids.

Gail's family is choosing to focus only on the search, and not on the legal process.

"It's such a vast area with the woods, the mountains, the rivers and the lakes," said Dan Nichols, who is married to Gail Palmgren's sister, "you don't know where to turn."

Can a mod make the Click Here link on the front page come to thread #2?

Thanks,

Sorry to being confusing, glorias . . .

Let me try to clarify. My classmate, Michele, has a friend Jerry who has been working in Chattanooga for the last 18 months. He forwarded the flyer to about 35 people he has been working with. Some of those people may have forwarded it to people who work at BCBS. Later that afternoon, it was Jerry who received the phone call from an anonymous male at BCBS saying it was "embarrasing", etc. Hope that helps! (Let me know if it doesn't . . .)

Thank you MacGyver for the clarification! And the news today states he has a criminal defense lawyer and a friend says he was sleeping with someone at BCBS. I have to wonder if that was HIM calling people to say it was "embarrassing". It's no wonder he's on administrative leave from BCBS.

Speaking of which, others have speculated this before, but I personally believe Matt or someone close to him has been reading this thread from almost the beginning. Totally my opinion, not confirmed or anything of course.

For anyone who has been worried that the local media isn't paying attention, well tonight there are articles on the three main network affiliate TV stations in Chattanooga.

Channel 3: Missing woman's friends: "We are the only ones looking"

A Jeep Rubicon, identical to the one Gail Palmgren was seen last driving, was parked at Walmart Monday to show volunteers what to look for.
"If you look at 25 or 30 vehicles going down the road, you are going to see one of these," said Steve Lyner, with a local dealership who donated the car for the afternoon.

...Matthew Palmgren's attorney confirms he has been placed on administrative leave from his job at Blue Cross, Blue Shield in connection to his wife's disappearance.

Matthew Palmgren has not been charged with a crime, or named as a suspect.

Channel 9: Search Continues for Gail Palmgren

"I would keep seeing the same car coming in and just turning around and stopping at one of the houses. So that was strange in itself. So after she would say that, I I started thinking and I could believe that could be true," said (neighbor Susie) Button.

Palmgren also told Button about problems she was having with her husband.

"He was having an affair with a co-worker at Blue Cross Blue Shield," Button said.

Channel 12: Search Continues for Signal Mt. Housewife

Searchers fear the worst.

SUSIE BUTTON, NEIGHBOR & FRIEND "I feel like she left not willingly..I feel like something was going on. I knew things were going on at the house, I really believe she was scared of something. She would never leave her kids alone..this long."

Thank you MacGyver for the clarification! And the news today states he has a criminal defense lawyer and a friend says he was sleeping with someone at BCBS. I have to wonder if that was HIM calling people to say it was "embarrassing". It's no wonder he's on administrative leave from BCBS.

Speaking of which, others have speculated this before, but I personally believe Matt or someone close to him has been reading this thread from almost the beginning. Totally my opinion, not confirmed or anything of course.

glorias, that would not be surprising at all. It happens all the time. I found this site years ago by googling a name in the news and never left! I would be more surprised to know he Had Not been here!

Notice that it wasn't BCBST that made this announcement. As far as they're concerned, I'm sure whatever kind of leave, they're treating it as a typically private personnel/HR concern. So with or without, I don't think it's necessary to jump to huge conclusions based on a single statement made by his attorney

From the article linked above by fran, the attorney only confirmed the leave of absence - so I assume someone else put it out there first.

Additionally, I think it odd the way the article laid out that piece of information (bold and new article section header by news site):

--snip--

"Right now we just want to find Gail and right now a collaborative effort would be nice," said Gallivan.

POLICE INVESTIGATION

MP's attorney confirms he has been placed on administrative leave from his job at Blue Cross, Blue Shield in connection to his wife's disappearance.

MP..."

--snip--

Its probably not indicative of anything, but the writer adding this information under the "Police Investigation" section would imply (to someone not following the case too closely to jumpt to the conclusion you indicate) that MP is in the scope of the current police investigation, though not a suspect or POI at this time.

According to what we know, since Gail has disappeared, Matt has reluctantly reported Gail missing...................Matt has sent his children to unknown locations

On the first thread earlier today, fbx said the kids were still attending school. We were also told a few days ago that the kids were with Matt's mother --<modsnip>
Unfortunately, fbx says it also looks like LE never searched the house or talked to the kids. Boy, I hope that it just looks that way and LE has talked to them! :maddening:

Geeeeeeeeeeee...........didn't hubby say she's done this before, to decompress, but always kept in contact with her kids?:rolleyes:

fran

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/palmgren-1001248-button-gail.html

"This is totally our of character. She's never done anything like this before. I don't care who tells you she has. She would never, ever leave her children of her own accord. Something must have frightened her. Something must have happened," said Susie Button, a friend and neighbor of Palmgren's.

........................snip............................

The last time, Palmgren was even given the number to safe house. Days before she went missing, she confided in her friend that she felt someone was following her.

"I would keep seeing the same car coming in and just turning around and stopping at one of the houses. So that was strange in itself. So after she would say that, I I started thinking and I could believe that could be true," said Button.

Palmgren also told Button about problems she was having with her husband.

"He was having an affair with a co-worker at Blue Cross Blue Shield," Button said.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Not sure how BCBS works....but I'm sure they want to remove themselves from this situation. Having employed people for 30 years for the government, all I can say is administrative leave was never ever the choice of the employee. It was only used in the case of jury duty or because the employer didn't want them there during a certain period of time. It's separate from vacation leave, personal leave, sick leave and even FMLA (family medical leave act-which IMO wouldn't apply here anyway since he's not sick and has no one in his family who is sick).
This whole case is very, very strange. I'm not taking sides, I can see it both ways. In the case of possible mental illness, trust me, that is something that is often well hidden except from the one person closest to you. I would like to know how many license plate numbers she actually wrote down, 1,2,3,....50? It would give us a lot of insight into weather it might be mental.
If they have NOT interviewed those children or searched the home....they really need to bring another LE agency into the picture....IMHO.

Does he have to give permission for them to interview the children?

the fact that he won't let her family into "his" house kind of cements it for me. I just can't imagine someone doing that who doesn't have anything to hide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member