1105 users online (270 members and 835 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Carlos Santana SLAMS GA Immigration Law

Guitar great Carlos Santana was given the Beacon of Change award before the Atlanta Braves' fifth annual Civil Rights Game Sunday against the Phillies.

The Mexican-American Grammy-winner used the occasion at Turner Field to openly criticize Arizona and Georgia for their tough new immigration laws.

Saying that he represented immigrants, Santana said, “The people of Arizona, and the people of Atlanta, Georgia, you should be ashamed of yourselves.”

Read more celebrity gossip at: http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/20...#ixzz1K87OG4OO

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/20...migration-law/

Friday, Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal signed a bill requiring employers to check the immigration status of new hires and allowing law enforcement officers to check suspects' immigration status in some cases.

The law, one of the toughest in the nation, is similar to Arizona's.

Read more celebrity gossip at: http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/20...#ixzz1K87qXEPX

Yeah Carlos.............um.............

ILLEGALLY flooding this country with immigrants affect MY CIVIL RIGHTS.
    [/I]

Whether it's Carlos Santana or Patricia Heaton, I frankly wonder why I should care about a celebrity's political viewpoint any more than the average man on the street? Does Mr. Santana also criticize the Mexican government for its strict immigration laws?

I'm in favor of a guest worker program and harsh penalties for those employers who knowingly hire illegal immigrants, as well as those who commit identity theft and use false identification.

We are a nation of immigrants, and while I believe it's one of our strengths, it doesn't mean we can or should allow any and everyone to emigrate to the U.S..

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.

I am so happy that Mr. Santana had a very lucrative career in the music business because, if not, he could be here in Georgia and unemployed. Oh, I forgot that he's "representing", I'm sure he would have been able to find a job! I am so tired of people trying to make this a racist cause. IT IS NOT! It's about my small town being over-run with illegals who take all the jobs and the employers who keep hiring them. Believe it or not, before this law was passed employers could not even question the illegal's documents. Doing so left them open to lawsuits. It's about time our government made moves to protect law abiding citizens and immigrants who are here legally.
    "This Time We Get it Right!"

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary.
    For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." Stuart Chase

Carlos...You've got to change your evil ways!

My grandson has just had his small social security benefit taken away from him (he is disabled) because they say his mothers raise just put her over the limit for assistance. He was only getting $96.00 a month anyway..YET, Our Gov. Jerry Brown here in California just signed a bill that will allow illegal students grants to go to college..Grrrrrrrrr!!
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."

Shut up Carlos and play the guitar man. I hate it when artists I like open their mouths in the political area, insult me and then I can't like them anymore. Scratch Carlos. Such a great guitar player; love that tone, but now it will just remind me that he's a dolt.

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    The Mexican-American Grammy-winner used the occasion at Turner Field to openly criticize Arizona and Georgia for their tough new immigration laws.
    Hey Carlos Mexico's immigration laws are FAR FAR HARSHER! Why not go back to Mexico and petition for them to open their borders too eh? Oh wait....forgot....only the US is expected to do that, other countrys wouldn't dream of being held to the same ridiculous standards!

This morning my nephew made his usual call from down South to my mom and I. Of course the discussion always leads to baseball. My nephew tries to attend every game when the Phillies play the Braves.

Did Carlos Santana say he just doesn't sing, but is like The Black Panters? I have to look that one up.

Not to take from White Rain's thread or from anyone lving in Georgia or Arizona for that matter, but these Civil Rights Games were a disaster from jump start.

The first game was played back in 2007. I think it was in March. Bud Selig came under some heavy fire because the Cleveland Indians played St. Louis in TN.

The quip was "If the Indians win then will Native Americans get civil rights?" I think that was how it went. For Cherokee lving in TN at the time it wasn't too swift a move I'd say on Selig's part.

Sorry to go O/T in a round about way, but my nephew is a huge Santana fan and he was like "Man that was not cool".

Sorry for the double post. That didn't take long.

Yup, Carlos said he's not the kind of guy singing "There's no business like show business". He's more like The Blank Panthers. Really? I think he's finally ready to get beamed up on that Mothership.

http://www.csnphilly.com/05/15/11/Ci...020&feedID=704

Please pay no mind to Ruben Amaro, Jr. He grew up here in Rhawnhurst for the love of all things American pie. God Bless his dad though. Excllent ball player.