Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: IN - Guy Family, Shelbyville, May 2011 - Missing under suspicious circumstances - #2

Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    I sincerely hope this is not the case, but I have a bad feeling. I'm wondering if JG was sexually molesting him and the parents found out? That book he wrote was beyond bizarre and made me think JG may have been sexually abused as a child.[/url]

Has anyone downloaded the full book(s), or even the previews? Lulu doesn't seem to want to let me see the preview for either book

2. The Following User Says Thank You to belyenochi For This Useful Post:

They load for me. The book with the yellow cover has the most information. The version with the red cover is the children's version I think and it seems to be about two children having a day out with their aunt. Pretty basic.

The yellow version is the adults version and he talks about his childhood moving from town to town for his father's work (church pastor) and the good and bad experiences they had in each town.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to theowlsgo For This Useful Post:

In case anyone is interested and cannot see the preview, this is the back cover of the children's version of One Child's Cry for Hope:

Have you ever wanted an adventure, but did not get the chance. Well now you have it. Follow John and Sue as they uncover the true meaning of important lessons in life. This is a book that will keep you in the middle of the action, so hold on and begin your life time adventure.

Joseph Guy is from Indiana where the lifestyle of Hoosiers help inspire him to write his stories. If you enjoy his writing people let him know at joseph.guy70@yahoo.com
    The preview of the adults version doesn't include the back cover. The index for the adults version is as follows:

Section:1: The Life Story of Joseph R. Guy pg.3
    Section :2: Children's Stories pg.18
    Section :3: Inspirational Notes pg.29
    Section :4: Authors biography pg.49
    All formatting and spelling is kept the same.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to theowlsgo For This Useful Post:

thanks! it's starting to work for me now.. slowly though. He's got a nice screen name on there - poopball99. For his age, his writing style seems very juvenile.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to belyenochi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by belyenochi View Post
    thanks! it's starting to work for me now.. slowly though. He's got a nice screen name on there - poopball99. For his age, his writing style seems very juvenile.
    Looks like there is a game out there called poop ball. Actually several games. Looks like a flash game possibly of Asian origin.
    Here is one
    http://www.y8city.com/game/1_player/Poop_Ball

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:

Remember in the other thread where someone commented on an article that they saw the family at a community yard sale?

I had pretty much discounted the sighting, because I really didn't think they would stay around let alone go out in public together with everyone looking for them. But now that there was a sighting of a green van at the family home makes that comment worth more consideration.

Well organized packing you forget things. Rushed, last minute, disorganized packing, you forget a lot. So I guess it is possible that they were out looking to replace something they forgot. Maybe not finding it they then resorted to an attempt to go to the home? Maybe? I need to look up what community that was in.

Okay some have theorized that the family could be in the inherited home in Washington. How about camping? I wonder if the family had done any camping in the past? A campground wouldn't be crowded right now with all the cool weather and rain we have had. Not too many newspapers, or TV there so people may not be aware that the family is being looked for. And it means that the family may not be aware of the uproar their disappearance has caused. And after they were missing for 10 days/2 wks, they may have thought that no one was looking for them.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:

This article gives me some hope that whatever concerning things they found in JG's bedroom, it wasn't blood or anything to make police extremely concerned for their health. They probably just found JG's cut off ankle bracelet.

http://www.shelbynews.com/articles/2...2344224612.txt

SPD Chief Bill Elliott said Friday that the disappearance was very strange, and police are worried.

"We're really concerned because they left so abruptly," he said. "Just out of the clear blue. Right now we don't expect any foul play, but the longer it goes without us knowing anything about them, the more we worry."
    I'm still holding out hope that police can track any credit card use, ATM withdrawals or mobile phone use.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to theowlsgo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    Remember in the other thread where someone commented on an article that they saw the family at a community yard sale?

I had pretty much discounted the sighting, because I really didn't think they would stay around let alone go out in public together with everyone looking for them. But now that there was a sighting of a green van at the family home makes that comment worth more consideration.

Well organized packing you forget things. Rushed, last minute, disorganized packing, you forget a lot. So I guess it is possible that they were out looking to replace something they forgot. Maybe not finding it they then resorted to an attempt to go to the home? Maybe? I need to look up what community that was in.

Okay some have theorized that the family could be in the inherited home in Washington. How about camping? I wonder if the family had done any camping in the past? A campground wouldn't be crowded right now with all the cool weather and rain we have had. Not too many newspapers, or TV there so people may not be aware that the family is being looked for. And it means that the family may not be aware of the uproar their disappearance has caused. And after they were missing for 10 days/2 wks, they may have thought that no one was looking for them.
    Did they say when the community yard sale was?
    Thanks!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to monet1369 For This Useful Post:

There is a campground that is about 20 minutes away called Hidden Paradise Campground in St. Paul , In. I have a trailer there but haven't been there for a few weeks.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bam For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bam View Post
    There is a campground that is about 20 minutes away called Hidden Paradise Campground in St. Paul , In. I have a trailer there but haven't been there for a few weeks.
    Ahem. Do you feel like taking a little ride today?

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trident For This Useful Post:

We were going to go out there but hubby is home with pneumonia.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to bam For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bam View Post
    We were going to go out there but hubby is home with pneumonia.
    I'm sorry to hear that - take good care of him.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Trident For This Useful Post:

Daisyjane is offline "All the clouds are clearing, and I think we're over the storm."
    Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    I sincerely hope this is not the case, but I have a bad feeling. I'm wondering if JG was sexually molesting him and the parents found out? That book he wrote was beyond bizarre and made me think JG may have been sexually abused as a child.

Why did they omit the Father's picture on NCEMC poster?
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    I'm getting a message "Sorry! The case you requested does not exist or has been removed from the site" when I use the above link. And when I search the site, nothing comes up for Zachary Guy. Any ideas why he & his page have been removed from the Missing Children database??

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Daisyjane For This Useful Post:

Well, I just got this from NCMEC.

Dear Poster Partner:
    Zachary Guy missing from Shelbyville, IN, has been recovered. Please discontinue dissemination of this poster. Your participation in this program has made a valuable contribution to this recovery.
    Please remove and discard any posters on this case that you have placed in public view.
    Thank you for your support.

28. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to forthelost For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by forthelost View Post
    So they've been found? Sure looks like it.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Paulette For This Useful Post:

Daisyjane is offline "All the clouds are clearing, and I think we're over the storm."
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulette View Post
    So they've been found? Sure looks like it.
    I couldn't find anything about a resolution to the case online, so I emailed WISH TV re: the NCMEC bulletin to see what they might know.
    Last edited by Daisyjane; 05-18-2011 at 12:29 PM. Reason: clarity

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Daisyjane For This Useful Post:

I think they cannot report Zachary missing because he is with his parents.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to bam For This Useful Post:

If they have been recovered it doesn't come up on a google search yet.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:

I don't know if this is related but I found this

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local...ident-with-cop

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:

What kind of car was it? Look at the black car in the photo.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

Cannot WAIT to find out where these folks have been!

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local...possibly-found

42. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to marycarney For This Useful Post:

I know. I'm anxiously awaiting as well. Also, there was mention of a pt cruiser in some of the stalking incidents I believe. There is definitely a pt cruiser in that link posted above where a man surrendered.......

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nancysniece For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    I don't know if this is related but I found this

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local...ident-with-cop

Being from Indianapolis, stuff like that happens daily. Seems like there's a shooting or murder every night. Part of the reason why I moved out west But who knows, could be them..

Am also interested to know where they've been!!

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to belyenochi For This Useful Post:

Wow. Haven't been able to post much in the last few days, but have been following - that sure looks like a PT Cruiser in that one photo, doesn't it?

nCMEC says he was "recovered" - does that definitely mean alive, I hope? Do they normally distinguish between safe and deceased?
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gardenlady For This Useful Post:

How very odd? I was trying not to read anything into the fact they left Robert Guy's photo off of that poster. There was plenty of room for the fourth picture, not like it was a move to conserve layout space?!

For those who did not see the poster; it listed Robert Guy's name as "the Grandfather" and then said "photo not shown". I dunno just weird.
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

50. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast