1610 users online (338 members and 1272 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2011.05.16 -War Room map

Many thanks to Chili Fries for this map! It deserves it's own thread! What can we glean from this map?

Quote Originally Posted by Chili Fries View Post
    What I found interesting about this report is a map they showed:

That's the area at the very west end of NW Rentenaar Rd, on Sauvie Island. We've known they have searched this area but what interests me are the concentric circles...might that refer to a phone ping? I really don't know. The text reads "ring 3 sec 2318-2325 2357-2363". At this point we pretty much know there were pings on Sauvie, I can't remember if that has been officially confirmed or not, if not then this may confirm it. I also still believe that Terri could not have made it that far up SI in the time frame we've been given, so LE likely has to take into account the idea of an accomplice if LE thinks Kyron could have been put in that area the day he went missing (at least if this possible phone ping is believed to be somehow related to Terri).

Do those numbers mean time? As in military time, as in 11:18 pm? and 11:57 pm?

Kimster I can't say for sure that's a ping map. If it is a ping map I believe "sec" is the abbreviation for sector. Each cell is divided up into sectors, usually 3 per tower but it can be 6. The sectors are given numbers. So on the map, 2357-2363 might cover 3 sectors which are individually numbered 2357, 2360 and 2363.

Unfortunately I really don't understand all of this well enough to know how a ping map would be generated and how the sector info would be used to find the possible location so I can't say this is definitley a ping map. Maybe someone else will have some insight.

I've been revisiting some of the old ping threads and I don't know if this is helpful or not but thought I'd pull it over here.

http://www.towergenie.com/results.as...land,%20or&m=5

Locals, wasn't the map from the "war room" and identified as a ping map on the news last night? I don't get Portland channels where I live, but that's what I thought is was about. Let me verify with our locals.

Someone is going to be saying "link please" and I don't have one!

I took several pictures of thick overgrowth right within those circles. I had a feeling about that area when I did. The road is not terribly busy and while there is no legal parking, it would be easy to pull over and quickly throw something in the thick grass. Here is one photo of the area. There are some more photos taken at the same area.

http://s780.photobucket.com/albums/y...t=102_0114.jpg
    Justice is the constant and perpetual will to allot to every man his due. Domitus Ulpian

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    Locals, wasn't the map from the "war room" and identified as a ping map on the news last night? I don't get Portland channels where I live, but that's what I thought is was about. Let me verify with our locals.
    I personally did not hear them say it was a ping map. They referred to the maps more in the general sense when they were discussing where they searched.

Quote Originally Posted by Billylee View Post
    Do those numbers mean time? As in military time, as in 11:18 pm? and 11:57 pm?
    If it were military time, it would mean near midnight. 11:18 in the a.m. is simply 11:18.
    Justice is the constant and perpetual will to allot to every man his due. Domitus Ulpian

Quote Originally Posted by loves2bmom View Post
    I personally did not hear them say it was a ping map. They referred to the maps more in the general sense when they were discussing where they searched.
    I'd better change the title of this thread until we find out for sure, or get a time out. One of the two.

At first I thought the numbers were longitude and latitude but I tried sticking them in google and well...there not.

Here is a street view of the center of the circle from the war room map. There is a large tree and is at the end of Rentenaar Rd and looking North to the dirt road. I didn't notice a cell phone tower here but there is one not far at 31421 nw reeder rd. as loves2bmom posted.

http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?hl=en&...17.07,,0,-4.82

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post

Someone is going to be saying "link please" and I don't have one!
    Here is the link to the news story video that shows the maps

http://www.katu.com/news/local/121985859.html?tab=video

Quote Originally Posted by gwenabob View Post
    If it were military time, it would mean near midnight. 11:18 in the a.m. is simply 11:18.
    Exactly, the photo shows 2300 hour. Which, would be PM yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Billylee View Post
    Exactly, the photo shows 2300 hour. Which, would be PM yes?
    It's definitely not time, there is no 23:63.

I do think cell tower sectors is the most likely thing I've seen and the circles look like other ping location maps I've seen but again I can't be sure. Sector data is not something you can look up on the internet like tower locations, you'd have to be in the technical end of the cell phone business to know where to find it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast