761 users online (154 members and 607 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Q & A for our NEWCOMERS! Ask a question and leave an answer! *NO DISCUSSIONS*

This is for our newbies only!

First of all,

No question here is a stupid one, so ask whatever you don't know about! One of our seasoned members will come in and answer it for you!

This thread was inspired by this post:

Quote Originally Posted by BrittMontero View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Really enjoying the discussion; you all are so well-informed.

I didn't follow this case as I normally would have, due to a variety of things going on in life. Trying to catch up now -- and I notice there is a huge uptick in the "number viewing" of these threads.

So, I was wondering, would it be OK to start an ongoing "Newbie thread" where people like me could ask elementary questions (such as "Where would I find a link to video of the jailhouse visits with the parents?" or "Who is Mallory?") that would just be cluttering up the sidebar thread or other threads used by veteran posters? I have to believe a lot of people will be needing the same remedial info as time goes on.

How would one get permission to start such a thread?

Thanks so much!
    Because this is a Question and Answer format, please do not start up discussions so it's easier for our new members to find their answers.

We also have a Q & A thread for our seasoned members, so let's use this one for new members only.

The seasoned Q & A is here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122969"]LIST Questions and Answers #9 LIST ONLY - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Hi and thanks for this thread.

I'm getting the drift that Caylee's father has never been identified -- is this really the case? Does anyone think Casey knows who it is? Thanks!
    My posts reflect my constitutionally protected opinion.

I'm getting the drift that Caylee's father has never been identified -- is this really the case? Does anyone think Casey knows who it is? Thanks!
    No Caylee's father is unknown. I think ICA knows who it is but she's not talking (or at least I think she can whittle it down to a couple of potentials) probably a one night stand at Universal is my guess.

There's been much speculation about the father due to ICA's many and varied lies about him to her friends and family over the years.

The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE

DNA evidence has ruled out LA and by scientific process of elimination GA as potential fathers however.
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

There have been reports that the prosecution 'knows' who the birth father is, but I am not sure if it will come out in the trial.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Thanks for the input! If you guys want to continue the discussion, please find the thread about Caylee's paternity. It's in here somewhere!

WS research on Caylee's possible father.

Here are the search results with 'father' in the thread title. Some are not relevant but there is a lot there regarding the question of paternity.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sea...archid=4181304

A couple of tips for newcomers.

You can use the search function at top right corner to look for discovery, old interviews, 911 calls, etc. There are also many LE interviews uploaded to youtube at various channels.

Try google, type in area of interest+websleuths and that will quite often get you a thread of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by darnudes View Post
    A couple of tips for newcomers.

You can use the search function at top right corner to look for discovery, old interviews, 911 calls, etc. There are also many LE interviews uploaded to youtube at various channels.

Try google, type in area of interest+websleuths and that will quite often get you a thread of interest.
    Or google "site:websleuths.com" and then your search words.

"It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...139910&page=94

Thank you so much for this thread!! This is a tremendous help to those of us who are "lurkers" that don't post a whole lot and also for those of us who have to much going on at the moment to keep up. That said, Here is my question.

I hope I word this correctly. If ICA is found guilty of the murder chargers, is it even possible for her to get a lighter sentence like Life In Prison WITH the possibility of Parole? or is it set now that it will be either LWOP or Death Penalty? I hope that made some sense, LOL. Thank you again for this thread and for all of you answers!! You guys ROCK!!

Quote Originally Posted by laurieann View Post
    Thank you so much for this thread!! This is a tremendous help to those of us who are "lurkers" that don't post a whole lot and also for those of us who have to much going on at the moment to keep up. That said, Here is my question.

I hope I word this correctly. If ICA is found guilty of the murder chargers, is it even possible for her to get a lighter sentence like Life In Prison WITH the possibility of Parole? or is it set now that it will be either LWOP or Death Penalty? I hope that made some sense, LOL. Thank you again for this thread and for all of you answers!! You guys ROCK!!
    I'm not positive but I thought that when they were questioning the first juror FOREVER they mentioned Life WITH parole as a possible option...but I'm not 100% on that...

Hi laurieann and welcome to Websleuths.

According to some of our wonderful members who are attorneys there is no such thing as Life WITH parole in the state of Florida. If she receives a life sentence there will be no parole.

If I am not mistaken, the great State of Florida does not have an option of "Life WITH Parole" for murder One....

Thank you so much to all of you for your help!! I sort of figured that it wasn't possible for her to get a parole chance, but I wasn't positive. I'm trying to keep up with this case but it's a bit hard lately. Thanks again!!

Thank you for the welcome, Omachka!!

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast