ME ME - Effie MacDonald, 54, Bangor, 18 March 1965

From March 2014:

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/03/...igious-bangor-house-one-of-states-cold-cases/

Bangor police Detective Capt. Clifton E. Sloane... told the Bangor Daily News in a March 1971 interview that he knew, beyond any reasonable doubt, who the killer was, but didn’t have the physical evidence to convict him in a court of law.

Investigators had interviewed hundreds of people and within a few days of the homicide, had narrowed the list of possible suspects to a handful and finally to one, a male guest at the hotel, Sloane said. The suspect, who was seen leaving by the back door, according to information provided to MacDonald’s family, is now dead.

The case is still open because there is no statute of limitations with murder, Stokes said. Even so, Bangor police have the investigation listed as dormant and does not have an investigator assigned to the case.

It's sad to see some of our longtime WS members no longer here, or even checking in. I'm thinking of OkieGranny and Kat in particular, but there are so many others.

Sigh...life isn't forever. I'm not assuming they're gone in that way, but in some cases it very well could be. I've been here since 2009 and it's only during this year that I'm facing some more serious health challenges. We're not getting any younger.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back