GUILTY NH - Camden Hughes, 6, suffocated, Hampton, 14 May 2011 #2

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Thread 1

Remember TOS.
Don't name innocent bystanders.
Any facebook or social networking MUST be related to the case, MUST be public (not set to private), paraphrase and provide link.

Salem

Hits home, my grandson is a Camden with blonde hair and blue eyes..................
I'm so upset another beautiful child dies at the hands of his mom who should of beenthe one that protected him always.............why?
and why was she up at 5:30 am time of death and dispose of him by 7:30 am?
Couldn't she sleep? That's early after a big trip.........
Why was he fully dressed? no pj's?

Good point about the day clothes and the 5:30 a.m. TOD. So it isn't as though she put him to bed having accidentally given him too much, then woke up and panicked.

I'm also struggling with the idea that he died following an accidental OD at 5:30 a.m., and she happened to be awake, out the door, and ready to accept the idea of dumping her beloved son's body two hours later. To me the hasty dumping screams premeditation.

I had assumed she was in Maine to visit her son that was in the Navy. That he had gone into port. Does anyone know why she was there? That Rapture thing is a bit scary that anyone might believe that and do something like this for fear of it....then again, wouldn't it be a good thing for them to stay alive if they believed in that? If that was the case though, and she was visiting her older son...wouldn't she find a way to take both her sons? I agree about kids not wanting to take Nyquil. My son would never take it. Interesting the ex boyfriend said they had coughs, but grandmother said she could see her taking his life. Very confused. I wonder if there can be so much in the body over time of maybe a week that it's built up and can take a childs life. He does look much frailer than the pics of him alive. Strange also about the lies that she told people she was at work? That would make me think she's not being honest....lots to say hmmm about.

Several people quoted in the various articles talk about having spoken and/or texted with JM in the days since the killing, and said she sounded fine (other than having a cold) and gave them the impression she was still in TX.

I don't know how to reply to a link on another thread so I hope this makes sense.

Someone mentioned the 5/21 rapture thing on her f/b page and that maybe she was protecting him considering was reading her Bible when found. The majority of pre-tribbers believe that all children would automatically be raptured along with the saints. Doesn't make sense that if she truly believed in the rapture, that she felt killing him would protect him.

In the article I linked previously (http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2011/05/complex_portrai.html), it says:

"She was previously married to her mother's second husband's son, but they divorced almost a decade ago."

I can't make sense of that--any help?

ETA: Never mind, I figured it out. I missed the part that said "son" the first time. Still, a little odd.

odd wording but basically over a decade ago Julianna was married to her mother's husband's son from a previous relationship. But because the marriage had ended well before Julianna's pregnancy with Cam, he is not believed to be Cam's father.

RIP sweet Camden.

What a tragic loss.

Why? Beyond comprehension, whether it was intentional or premeditated, I can't understand leaving him all alone and out in the elements.

Tears...

I had assumed she was in Maine to visit her son that was in the Navy. That he had gone into port. Does anyone know why she was there? That Rapture thing is a bit scary that anyone might believe that and do something like this for fear of it....then again, wouldn't it be a good thing for them to stay alive if they believed in that? If that was the case though, and she was visiting her older son...wouldn't she find a way to take both her sons? I agree about kids not wanting to take Nyquil. My son would never take it. Interesting the ex boyfriend said they had coughs, but grandmother said she could see her taking his life. Very confused. I wonder if there can be so much in the body over time of maybe a week that it's built up and can take a childs life. He does look much frailer than the pics of him alive. Strange also about the lies that she told people she was at work? That would make me think she's not being honest....lots to say hmmm about.

There were early reports saying she went there for the purpose of "doing this" (can't find the link at the moment, but it was on the last thread, I believe).

However, this news story reports that she said it was accidental:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mother-mystery-maine-boy-confesses-killing-son-sources/story?id=13631248

and that she was contemplating killing herself.

Is that a fancy way of saying she married her step-brother?

I had an idea for a moment that the accidental death could have occurred in TX and she drove to ME to leave the body ("to do this"), but then I realized the time of death was established too recently for that to have been the case.

I wonder what significance this location held for her; doesn't seem like a random spot to dump his poor little body...

Is that a fancy way of saying she married her step-brother?

yeah, I think that is why the awkward wording is there. Stepbrother is factually true, however it gives a certain incestuous feel unless it is made clear the step relationship formed after adulthood and they did not grow up in the same household/family unit.

At least that is why I am assuming the relationship was described in the wordy way rather than the simpler - stepbrother.

So she told various lies as to where they were, at work, sick, Boston for a funeral. What was she planning on telling people when she got home and they started asking where the baby was? This reminds me a bit of Casey except at least this mother fessed up to LE

He was in school I imagine she called him out sick or said they were going on vacation but eventually wouldn't they have wondered why he never came back?

Rest in Peace Camden.

What's weird is I happen to know someone who *did* go to Boston for their aunt's funeral on Saturday.

Oy, my poor head is killing me from all this today. I must take a nap....yes... yes I think I will.

<3 Camden <3

After reading the newspaper articles and her facebook page, I can not help believe that this was nothing but a horrible accident. i think she panicked and placed him where she did so that he would be found quickly. The whole situation is sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back