2011.05.18 Nancy Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.

panthera

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
:seeya:

Nancy is going to be "live" in Florida...........

Please no discussion until she begins covering Caylee's case.

Thank you!!

:grouphug:

Breaking news tonight -

Jury selection screeches to a halt.

Is "tot mom" going to plead guilty?

Judge orders everyone back to court at 8:30am tomorrow morning.

JB: "it's a private manner" why he was not present this afternoon.

Has JB been removed from the case?

talking heads quoting "people on the internet" lip reading Jean C is up

Unleashing the Lawyers...John Burris San Fran Judge - is striking procedure acceptable - Absolutely...

What's wrong with strike as you go? That's how my jury was selected. :waitasec:

Tough doo-doo!

NG panel opinion says Strike as you go jury selection is just as common as the way JB wants to do it. Says SA probably dislikes it just as much, but defense is being more vocal about it.

Jean Casares: the defense was arguing objection to jury selection stating it was violating ICA's rights; Judge denied motion.

Hours later who was pushing jury selection, suddenly announced court dismissed until 8:30 tomorrow morning.

Showing video of ICA wiping her eyes before leaving court.

Michael, reporter: DT has complained about jury selection from the beginning, stating they have to be firm defenders for their client. Doesn't believe SA is happy with process either.

Legal panel introduced.

Judge Gino Brogdon: Judge hasn't violated anything here.

John Burris: agrees with DT.

...Jean C - I was in the elevator with JB when he left the court with his sunglasses on..

What's wrong with strike as you go? That's how my jury was selected. :waitasec:

Tough doo-doo!

Because the defense team is afraid of the dark. They said today that they don't want to "go fishing in the dark".

NG now discussing Judge asking defense if they've spoken with ICA. "Yes" then ICA breaks down in tears. Court dismissed.

JC: We have no idea what is going on. Is JB sick? We don't know.

Michael Christian: JB seemed fine earlier; never saw him this afternoon.

NG: DT could be appealing jury selection, JB could be fired, JB could quit, etc...

NG asking JC her opinion what's going on.

JC: We won't know until 8:30am. The Judge thought it was serious enough to warrant postponing jury selection process which he was pushing to keep going.

NG: at air time tonight nothing has been filed on the appellate court docket.

MC: certainly we'll see if JB is there, or if they continue jury selection. Thinks a plea would happen in OC instead of Pinellas Co. so suggests no plea in the works until tomorrow morning.

Speculation as to plea in OC - but likely court in session tomorrow Pinellas. Saying HHJP went home to Orange county

I love Nancy!!! I bet she booked it down there when she found out that it was suddenly dismissed. She knows about this type of thing I am sure because she herself is a lawyer AND because she knows people in the business.

Because the defense team is afraid of the dark. They said today that they don't want to "go fishing in the dark".

This isn't meant for you Softail it's just a general statement. IMO, you start off and find 18 jurors as fast as possible. If someone is qualified then they're on. They shouldn't be allowed to pass over a qualified juror and see if there's somebody they like better. This has already taken a lot longer than it should have. JB wants to be able to seat the jury he likes and that he likes only. JMO

Sigh - I am strongly beginning to suspect this "mystery" is nothing more than a domestic spat or some such

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff