$2 Million Lotto Winner Defends Use Of Food Stamps 11 Months Later

White Rain

Reaction score
This BURNS me alive......
When my hubby left me and our 2 kids w/o a dime I WORKED MINIMUM WAGE and was told I STILL MADE TOO MUCH to get any kind of help.....
This man is a SORRY, SORRY IMO....

"If you're going to try to make me feel bad, you're not going to do it," Fick told WNEM-TV in Saginaw on Monday."
I'm speechless....just speechless....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_local...gan-lottery-winner-defends-use-of-food-stamps

I hope they can close that loophole soon.

do people get a lot of food with the food stamps?

like, how much was he 'saving' by continuing to use them?

How funny. My sister gets food stamps because she has two children, works part-time and goes to college full-time. The state then took away her food stamps when she went from working 25 hours per work to working 30 hours per week. They said she either has to work less hours or quit completely to get the food stamps again. Really???? So here is this woman, trying to better herself, working as much as possible, and she's punished for it??

The system is definitely screwed up. No way should this guy get food stamps.

ETA: Her working pays minimum wage, btw.

do people get a lot of food with the food stamps?

like, how much was he 'saving' by continuing to use them?

At one point, my sister was getting $400/month worth of food stamps. It was more than she could even use for her and her two kids.

This BURNS me alive......
When my hubby left me and our 2 kids w/o a dime I WORKED MINIMUM WAGE and was told I STILL MADE TOO MUCH to get any kind of help.....
This man is a SORRY, SORRY IMO....

"If you're going to try to make me feel bad, you're not going to do it," Fick told WNEM-TV in Saginaw on Monday."
I'm speechless....just speechless....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_local...gan-lottery-winner-defends-use-of-food-stamps

the more I read the angrier I get:

"Michigan was granted a waiver recently to stop college students from qualifying for food stamps."
Ok, college students can't get food stamps...but millionaires CAN.....

WR, it's so unfair. I have seen it countless times with my sister. She has worked and gone to college and she continues to get punished for it. Meanwhile, there are people sitting around doing absolutely NOTHING, and they get full benefits. Where is the justice??

When my girlfriend with 9 kids was suddenly widowed, she couldn't get them either - because, in part, her vehicle was worth too much. Well, you kind of HAVE to drive a 15 passenger van when you have that many children (who were well-supported by Daddy/ hubby before his sudden death) Once people in our small town found out she had been denied - HUGE amounts of groceries appeared on her doorstep every week for over a year :)

He should be ashamed of himself. I am disabled and make less then if I worked for minimum wage and myself and my daughter get a whopping $49 a month in food stamps. And I don't have a million or two dollars in the bank.

I posted about this in the Political Pavilion a couple days ago. The guy drive an Audi too. Despicable human being.

well, all I can say is if he's doing this, then there's probably quite a few other unethical things he's done that are also technically illegal and I hope karma catches up with him real soon

Ficks attorney Wilson said Fick "told the DHS officials he'd won $2 million but was told he could keep using the Bridge Card issued to him to buy groceries."
Well wasn't that nice of Fick???? And DHS?
Using food stamps that you don't need JUST because you can. Never mind that there are countless children out there who could use the dollars that Fick himself was using up...

I posted about this in the Political Pavilion a couple days ago. The guy drive an Audi too. Despicable human being.

I didn't know this....
An audi huh...keeps getting worse and worse....
when so many whether on welfare or not can't even afford the biggest car out there...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back