1350 users online (347 members and 1003 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr

Yale fraternity suspended for 'No Means Yes' chant

Lovely...

(If you google it, you can find the part that CNN deleted... "anal".) (ETA: Here's one supporting link for that part: http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/20...omm-sanctions/)

The chapter drew widespread criticism last fall after its pledges chanted slogans that seemed to advocate rape, such as "No Means Yes" and "Yes Means (a sex act)." Video of the frat's antics circulated widely on the internet.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/05/18/con....html?hpt=Sbin
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

Good lord-- captains of industry in the making! Maybe they'll end up at Rikers too!

Dekes always did stuff like that, IMO. I remember them being in trouble/kicked off my school's campus long ago. I looked them up on Wikipedia and there's some very interesting (and political) controversy there, but no statistics on how many schools have sanctioned or banned them. Would be very curious. Getting in trouble at Yale, of all places, too.

I did say IMO. JMO.