764 users online (94 members and 670 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

does JB really think he can get an acquittal?

This may tell us whether or not JB actually believes he can get ICA acquitted or is simply trying to avoid the DP for her in this trial.

Juror 3016….teacher, mid 30’s…seeking masters in assisting the mentally challenged. Has the opinion that ICA is guilty, but could put that aside. But he is against the Death Penalty.

HHJP attempts to rehabilitate him on the DP:

Hhjp:” If those facts and circumstances indicated for you that death was the proper sentence…could you recommend that?”

ans: NO

HHJP: why not?

Ans: Well I know it’s the law, but ….I’ve never chosen a field where I’d be able to do something like that. Ahhh..its something that I’ve never felt it was my decision to do. It would be very difficult.

HHJP: understands how difficult it would be, but …” remember when I told you, you would never be required or compelled to recommend a sentence of death? What we’re trying to ascertain, sir, is could you consider it and if you felt it was necessary , DO IT?

Ans: Well I guess I could CONSIDER IT. Ummm..you know, being the one to actually have to make that decision it would be pretty tough for me.”

HHJP: Noone knows what they might do if put in that position. My question for you is whether or not you could consider it and not just automatically say no?

Ans: “Well, I guess I could consider it….” Yadda yadda yadda. It would be difficult to do.

But he never says he could DO IT.

Vinny says it sounds like a juror that might be very good for the dt.

But Casey Jordan says this: If Jose Baez feels he really cannot get ICA acquitted, he may accept this juror (and not back strike) because he knows the juror won’t vote for the DP.

So no back strike of 3016 might be a major tell on JB’s real goal in this trial. (Which seems absolutely feasible to me.)

And,btw, the judge didn’t really rehabilitate 3016. 3016 never said he could vote for the DP at all. so, in effect, the sa seemed to trade, "I believe she's guilty but can weigh the evidence and decide" for "but I'll never vote for the Death Penalty."
    IF I PUT IT HERE ITS MY OPINION. apparently i have no idea when i need to say that in a post, so this should cover it....IN MY OPINION anyways,

welcome to the gates of hell JVDS.

Jose Baez: “I sincerely believe that when we have finally spoken, everyone, and I mean everyone, will sit back and say, ‘Now, I understand. That explains it.’”

Jose Baez to da judge :

".....that type of testing is unique. we requested that they be allowed to test items and that of course was objected to by the state and and uh the state uh granted or sustained their objection, denied our opportunity to have him test these items due to a very specialized field, subfield, of dna that he is one of the pioneers of uh in the alternative of we were granted the ability to test certain items by an outside lab...."

KC, imo, is not going to get the death penalty and she may even get a lesser charge of manslaughter. I think the defense is going to lay the blame squarely on George's shoulders. No one saw her do it and the defense is going to play that card with all they have. Finnell already said in her list KC was used as a scapegoat. They need one juror to believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by Solace View Post
    KC, imo, is not going to get the death penalty and she may even get a lesser charge of manslaughter. I think the defense is going to lay the blame squarely on George's shoulders. No one saw her do it and the defense is going to play that card with all they have. Finnell already said in her list KC was used as a scapegoat. They need one juror to believe that.
    But that strategy could backfire. If the jury thinks she's guilty, they would be furious if she tried to blame the grandfather. If she wants to blame someone else, they need to stick with the nanny. MOO.

I am surprised how few people have a strong opinion about the DP and how few of them have had a "serious discussion" about the issue with anyone...
    This is just my opinion.

I have ZERO tolerance for animal abusers. I report them.

Alright Mrs. 3178. She thinks she did it!

Ooops, wrong thread. Sorry.

I don't feel JB can win a complete aquittal for ICA, but I also do not see the DP either. Somewhere in this mix, there is something a bit sinister that's been going on for a very long time, I feel that after reading and going back to videos and listening to the words that were used, ICA will get LWOP. Unless something is brought to light to prove 1000% she wasn't involved at all, which I doubt, there's no way she is going to walk. If she does, she's still a convicted felon so her life is ruined for awhile anyways.

Does JB really think he can get an acquittal ?

ONLY in his "Dreams" ...

Quote Originally Posted by dodie20 View Post
    But that strategy could backfire. If the jury thinks she's guilty, they would be furious if she tried to blame the grandfather. If she wants to blame someone else, they need to stick with the nanny. MOO.
    At least one juror I am betting has seen LKB say that was a lie. Even if they haven't admitted to it during voir dire. It may just be in the back of their memory somehow, however, it will come shooting forward if they hear the "Zanny the Nanny" story.

IMHO, the Zanny story would be folly.

I've heard both Vinnie and Jean C. indicate they think this juror who studies brain injured people is going to be good for the defense-- I beg to differ, because what they're intending to present is poppycock and he'll recognize the bs right away. jmo

All I can say is, be very afraid Casey, be very afraid.
    http://www.wftv.com/video/27950745/index.html
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Quote Originally Posted by Mohabi View Post
    I am surprised how few people have a strong opinion about the DP and how few of them have had a "serious discussion" about the issue with anyone...
    I'm strongly for the DP and I have never spoken to anyone about it. I can say it here because this is a discussion forum about criminal cases. In my everyday life, talking about anything political or religious is a no no for me. I just don't talk about it.
    Justice for Trayvon

I think the DT has given up on the lying charges and will pray for time served.
    On the "BIG" charges, I think they are praying for a wishy washy jury that will hang or worst case for them lesser charge.

O/T : TULESSA-I hope for resolution in your case but most of all I want you to get stable/grounded and live your life to the fullest. You are a good person and we love and respect your input at WS.

The entire defense team, and the ones that have come and gone, know there will be no acquittal. Granted the evidence is purely circumstantial, jurors can put things together. Once the State presents all of their points, defense draws loopholes, the gaps will be filled.

No one can get beyond some very pertinent facts.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

I don't see ICA getting the death penalty........I think it will be lwop at best.......
    I won't rest easy till the verdict is read..............
    As wrong as it is, young and "pretty" will go in her favor......

Quote Originally Posted by 21merc7 View Post
    The entire defense team, and the ones that have come and gone, know there will be no acquittal. Granted the evidence is purely circumstantial, jurors can put things together. Once the State presents all of their points, defense draws loopholes, the gaps will be filled.

No one can get beyond some very pertinent facts.
    Except for the ones that have no common sense..........

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast