does JB really think he can get an acquittal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

costalpilot

Reaction score
Website
www.pearltatman.com
This may tell us whether or not JB actually believes he can get ICA acquitted or is simply trying to avoid the DP for her in this trial.

Juror 3016….teacher, mid 30’s…seeking masters in assisting the mentally challenged. Has the opinion that ICA is guilty, but could put that aside. But he is against the Death Penalty.

HHJP attempts to rehabilitate him on the DP:

Hhjp:” If those facts and circumstances indicated for you that death was the proper sentence…could you recommend that?”

ans: NO

HHJP: why not?

Ans: Well I know it’s the law, but ….I’ve never chosen a field where I’d be able to do something like that. Ahhh..its something that I’ve never felt it was my decision to do. It would be very difficult.

HHJP: understands how difficult it would be, but …” remember when I told you, you would never be required or compelled to recommend a sentence of death? What we’re trying to ascertain, sir, is could you consider it and if you felt it was necessary , DO IT?

Ans: Well I guess I could CONSIDER IT. Ummm..you know, being the one to actually have to make that decision it would be pretty tough for me.”

HHJP: Noone knows what they might do if put in that position. My question for you is whether or not you could consider it and not just automatically say no?

Ans: “Well, I guess I could consider it….” Yadda yadda yadda. It would be difficult to do.

But he never says he could DO IT.

Vinny says it sounds like a juror that might be very good for the dt.

But Casey Jordan says this: If Jose Baez feels he really cannot get ICA acquitted, he may accept this juror (and not back strike) because he knows the juror won’t vote for the DP.

So no back strike of 3016 might be a major tell on JB’s real goal in this trial. (Which seems absolutely feasible to me.)

And,btw, the judge didn’t really rehabilitate 3016. 3016 never said he could vote for the DP at all. so, in effect, the sa seemed to trade, "I believe she's guilty but can weigh the evidence and decide" for "but I'll never vote for the Death Penalty."

KC, imo, is not going to get the death penalty and she may even get a lesser charge of manslaughter. I think the defense is going to lay the blame squarely on George's shoulders. No one saw her do it and the defense is going to play that card with all they have. Finnell already said in her list KC was used as a scapegoat. They need one juror to believe that.

KC, imo, is not going to get the death penalty and she may even get a lesser charge of manslaughter. I think the defense is going to lay the blame squarely on George's shoulders. No one saw her do it and the defense is going to play that card with all they have. Finnell already said in her list KC was used as a scapegoat. They need one juror to believe that.
But that strategy could backfire. If the jury thinks she's guilty, they would be furious if she tried to blame the grandfather. If she wants to blame someone else, they need to stick with the nanny. MOO.

I am surprised how few people have a strong opinion about the DP and how few of them have had a "serious discussion" about the issue with anyone...

Alright Mrs. 3178. She thinks she did it!

Ooops, wrong thread. Sorry.

I don't feel JB can win a complete aquittal for ICA, but I also do not see the DP either. Somewhere in this mix, there is something a bit sinister that's been going on for a very long time, I feel that after reading and going back to videos and listening to the words that were used, ICA will get LWOP. Unless something is brought to light to prove 1000% she wasn't involved at all, which I doubt, there's no way she is going to walk. If she does, she's still a convicted felon so her life is ruined for awhile anyways.

:waitasec::waitasec:

Does JB really think he can get an acquittal ?

ONLY in his "Dreams" ...

:cow::cow:

But that strategy could backfire. If the jury thinks she's guilty, they would be furious if she tried to blame the grandfather. If she wants to blame someone else, they need to stick with the nanny. MOO.

At least one juror I am betting has seen LKB say that was a lie. Even if they haven't admitted to it during voir dire. It may just be in the back of their memory somehow, however, it will come shooting forward if they hear the "Zanny the Nanny" story.

IMHO, the Zanny story would be folly.

I've heard both Vinnie and Jean C. indicate they think this juror who studies brain injured people is going to be good for the defense-- I beg to differ, because what they're intending to present is poppycock and he'll recognize the bs right away. jmo

I am surprised how few people have a strong opinion about the DP and how few of them have had a "serious discussion" about the issue with anyone...

I'm strongly for the DP and I have never spoken to anyone about it. I can say it here because this is a discussion forum about criminal cases. In my everyday life, talking about anything political or religious is a no no for me. I just don't talk about it.

I think the DT has given up on the lying charges and will pray for time served.
On the "BIG" charges, I think they are praying for a wishy washy jury that will hang or worst case for them lesser charge.

O/T : TULESSA-I hope for resolution in your case but most of all I want you to get stable/grounded and live your life to the fullest. You are a good person and we love and respect your input at WS.

The entire defense team, and the ones that have come and gone, know there will be no acquittal. Granted the evidence is purely circumstantial, jurors can put things together. Once the State presents all of their points, defense draws loopholes, the gaps will be filled.

No one can get beyond some very pertinent facts.

I don't see ICA getting the death penalty........I think it will be lwop at best.......
I won't rest easy till the verdict is read..............
As wrong as it is, young and "pretty" will go in her favor......

The entire defense team, and the ones that have come and gone, know there will be no acquittal. Granted the evidence is purely circumstantial, jurors can put things together. Once the State presents all of their points, defense draws loopholes, the gaps will be filled.

Except for the ones that have no common sense..........:banghead:

See, I don't find anything circumstancial about

1) The trunk smelling of human decomposition. The air samples prove that there was a decompositional event that took place in Casey's trunk. The canine dogs prove this and the human nose has proven this numerous times. The stain, if the jury is able to make out Caylee's outline, proves this. What proves that this was not only human decomposition, but that the human that was decomposing in the trunk of Casey's car, was Caylee Marie Anthony, is the hair with the post mortem death banding.

2) There is nothing circumstancial, imo, that everything found at the scene where Caylee was eventually found ties back directly to the Anthony home. Duct tape. Garbage bags. Laundry Bag. The Winnie the Pooh blanket. The heart shaped sticker. NOW that we are going to say that there is no ZFG.. means that ZFG never had a key to the Anthony home.

3) The searches for chloroform when high levels of chloroform was detected in the trunk of Casey's car.

4) Casey texting about the smell of death in her car... that should be added to #1 on my list, but what was she thinking???

5) Telling LE that Caylee had actually called her that day 911 was finally called to report Caylee missing. The day Casey wanted one more day because 31 days was not quite enough for her.

6) The 31 days of partying... sleeping with Tony... getting a tattoo.... there is just too much there that proves she could care less about the death of Caylee.

I could go on and on and on... even if this is circumstancial evidence.. it all comes full circle... Casey sure likes circling people's names.. she should be circling her own... with a bullseye!

lolamoon08;

I agree with all you have said, that is why the jurors will figure it out.

Circumstantial evidence kind of boils down to: no witnesses, no weapon, no prints, it is a lot more but you get the idea.

Matter of fact, you just described it! All of that is circumstantial.

There are enough jurors that don't have a problem with the death penalty that I'm not very worried about #3016 if he stays on the jury (but I think the state will strike him)... It doesn't have to be all of them that recommend it for her to still get it.

I do not believe that the DT thinks they will get an acquittal.. I think they are just trying to keep her off of Death Row.

I remember way back in time, when this news first broke, that KC's cell phone had pings from cell towers near the Orlando airport for several calls to her parent's cell phone and couldn't get a hold of them.

I think LE determined this would have been very close to the time that something happened to CMA.

Since that time, I have not heard anything about those calls. Before CMA was found, LE wondered if CMA's body left near that airport area.

This is the only aspect of the case that makes me wonder if CMA did drown and those calls to parents were in panic and when she could not reach them -- the rest is history.

Just IMO only.

I think he thinks he an get an acquittal to the major charges. I see DT as saying the death was accidental and all her behaviors where a result of her being scared of her family and staged everything to look like a kidnapper did it. They will attack the evidence of chloroform result. and TRY to say someone else made those chloroform searches. IMO this is the best defense they got because Zanny is a no go and to blame GA would be really dumb IMO.

Hoping this trial really starts Monday. But I dont want to get my hopes up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members