Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 57

Thread: If you could give a victim impact statement, what would you say?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    980

    If you could give a victim impact statement, what would you say?

    The victim impact statements were brought up during the afternoon jury selection thread. Since we have all been impacted by the death of our precious Caylee Marie, let's post here how Caylee has affected our lives. Hopefully this will be a healing, therapeutic thread for all of us!

    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere!" MLK, Jr.

  2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Trapshooter For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    980
    Whoops, I forgot to post my statement.

    Caylee Marie has touched my heart forever and has been in my thoughts and prayers for 3 years. This precious child had a beautiful smile, an outgoing personality, loved to sing and brought sunshine into the lives of many! I only pray that justice will be served for Caylee. Her life was taken way too soon and we will never know what great things Caylee could have given to our world.

    I love you Caylee Marie!
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere!" MLK, Jr.


  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    On top of the beautiful Appalachian Mountains.
    Posts
    13,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapshooter View Post
    Whoops, I forgot to post my statement.

    Caylee Marie has touched my heart forever and has been in my thoughts and prayers for 3 years. This precious child had a beautiful smile, an outgoing personality, loved to sing and brought sunshine into the lives of many! I only pray that justice will be served for Caylee. Her life was taken way too soon and we will never know what great things Caylee could have given to our world.

    I love you Caylee Marie!
    If I post one, I will cry. I am sorry Trap. I wish I could contribute to this thread, but it would just be too painful. I am still working on my own impact statement for October. What a beautiful thing to do though. All I can say is God bless you Caylee. And God bless Trap and all the other WS's that have literally given up parts of their lives to seek justice for our little ROCK STAR!
    Don't murder in Kentucky! My thread here.

    http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...n+lisa+tackett



    A proud happy people, we were here long before the white man came. Stalking along meadow paths, we were used to hunting every day. The rivers gave us fish, The woods even gave us deer and other wild game. Here upon this land, we built our homes, and raised our families. Love was free and natural, as we moved swiftly among the trees. This was a country, It was here that we lived for centuries. Oh I want peace with my soul again. Oh I, I want peace with my soul again. Everyday was new love,. Our village was filled with smiling faces.

    All credit from the quote above, goes to Tom Bee, and XIT! The first Rock Native American band.

    Thank you Tom!!


  5. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    If I post one, I will cry. I am sorry Trap. I wish I could contribute to this thread, but it would just be too painful. I am still working on my own impact statement for October. What a beautiful thing to do though. All I can say is God bless you Caylee. And God bless Trap and all the other WS's that have literally given up parts of their lives to seek justice for our little ROCK STAR!
    We understand 100%!! (((((Tulessa)))))

    I'm going to have to really think about this one. I have a lot to say!
    Justice for Trayvon


  6. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,643
    This thread is very young, but I hope it stays around and grows. Some of you are really prolific writers, and all of you are so passionate and loving, I am really looking forward to reading what people have to say for Caylee.


  7. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,653
    I am before you today so that Caylee Marie Anthony will have a voice. She does not speak through me... she speaks through all of us. A part of all of our futures was taken away from us when Casey Marie Anthony murdered Caylee Marie Anthony on June 16th, 2008.

    When a child is mercilessly taken away from this world... we have lost a possible cure for any amount of deadly diseases that have effected all of us... maybe not directly, but through family and friends... that is lost forever!

    Caylee Marie Anthony could have been the first female President of the United States, or she could have joined the military and fought for every freedom we hold dear in this Country. That is lost forever!

    The possibilites are endless... yet they were ended on June 16th, 2008.

    Through this trial, you have seen Caylee's face... you have heard her voice through all the evidence that made you come to the decision you have come to. That Casey Marie Anthony has committed the ultimate crime... A capital crime... a crime, that I believe, warrants death.

    It is your decision... trust your heart. Your in my prayers.
    Justice for Trayvon


  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    On top of the beautiful Appalachian Mountains.
    Posts
    13,750
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    I am before you today so that Caylee Marie Anthony will have a voice. She does not speak through me... she speaks through all of us. A part of all of our futures was taken away from us when Casey Marie Anthony murdered Caylee Marie Anthony on June 16th, 2008.

    When a child is mercilessly taken away from this world... we have lost a possible cure for any amount of deadly diseases that have effected all of us... maybe not directly, but through family and friends... that is lost forever!

    Caylee Marie Anthony could have been the first female President of the United States, or she could have joined the military and fought for every freedom we hold dear in this Country. That is lost forever!

    The possibilites are endless... yet they were ended on June 16th, 2008.

    Through this trial, you have seen Caylee's face... you have heard her voice through all the evidence that made you come to the decision you have come to. That Casey Marie Anthony has committed the ultimate crime... A capital crime... a crime, that I believe, warrants death.

    It is your decision... trust your heart. Your in my prayers.
    Beautiful, and I told you I would cry!
    Don't murder in Kentucky! My thread here.

    http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...n+lisa+tackett



    A proud happy people, we were here long before the white man came. Stalking along meadow paths, we were used to hunting every day. The rivers gave us fish, The woods even gave us deer and other wild game. Here upon this land, we built our homes, and raised our families. Love was free and natural, as we moved swiftly among the trees. This was a country, It was here that we lived for centuries. Oh I want peace with my soul again. Oh I, I want peace with my soul again. Everyday was new love,. Our village was filled with smiling faces.

    All credit from the quote above, goes to Tom Bee, and XIT! The first Rock Native American band.

    Thank you Tom!!

  9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:


  10. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    834
    Personally, I wonder what the victim's own family would say... Aren't George and Cindy in a spot! WILL they give a victim's impact statement, and if so, will they truly give a voice to Caylee, will they give a voice to the profound pain and fear that has been woven into the lives of their family and beyond?

    I cannot imagine how GA and CA will be able to reconcile their support and belief in KC's "innocence" with the void of Caylee's absence that has, at the same time, been created by KC.

    Or will they turn the opportunity of giving a victim's impact statement into some kind of stage for venting about how KC isn't guilty, was Mother of the Year and so on. It certainly remains to be seen, and how interesting it will be.

  11. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to shgrbkr For This Useful Post:


  12. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    Posts
    11,434
    I love the heart that is behind this thread. I know that many of us will spend hours crafting expressions of what Caylee meant in this world, and how we have come to love her even though we never had the opportunity to know her personally.

    Some ground rules need to be clear from the start here, though, so please read the following and keep it in mind as you craft your messages of love and support for beautiful Caylee.

    1. NO bashing of anyone involved in this case will be tolerated.
    This thread should shine with the light that Caylee brought into this world.

    2. WS does not support or encourage letter-writing campaigns in any circumstance without Tricia's explicit approval. What you choose to do with your statement is your business. When you share that with someone else and indicate that it represents WS, or when you try to rally WSers to campaign in some way, it becomes OUR business.

    3. This thread is for Caylee only. No discussion please except to thank other posters for their statements.
    I hope this is self-explanatory.

    4. No bashing will be tolerated. Yep, I said it twice. Keep the focus on Caylee.

    We have seen the impressive work that our members have done crafting opening and closing statements. This thread gives us an opportunity to sing Caylee's praises, to keep her alive in our minds and our hearts. And who knows what ripple effects it may have?

    , and I look forward to reading and crying along with you on this thread.
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

    Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

  13. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to ynotdivein For This Useful Post:


  14. #10
    She was everyone's sunshine. Caylee Marie Anthony. Little did I know upon hearing her voice on my television that I would soon meet the big beautiful eyes of an angel on earth. I watched with tears as she sang a sweet song to her great grandfather. One we have since learned was likely her last. A little girl lost, and how the world prayed she would be found. "Are you tired papa?", I hear her delicate voice say...

    Never again will we hear her sweet voice sing or read. No more celebrations of birthdays, graduations, first loves and heartaches, even driving her very first car. No more dandelion flowers to bring to loved ones. No more wonderment while watching a butterfly flutter. Every happiness and sadness, joy and gladness, taken... from the world. Caylee Marie Anthony, yes, she was everyone's sunshine. Our world is dimmer without her here.

    I respectfully stand before this court today so that you, the jury, will consider the light, love, hope and joy the world lost on that fateful day June 16, 2008. She deserved better than her fate. I hope you will consider better for her in her passing.


  15. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    arkansas
    Posts
    409
    Perhaps Caylee would say,

    "You'll never know Mom, how much I loved you, why did you take my sunshine away...."
    I know that you think you understand what you thought you heard me say, but, I'm not sure that you realize that what you heard me say is not really what I meant to convey.


  16. #12
    gngr~snap's Avatar
    gngr~snap is offline Verified Professional Pediatric Triage/Phone Nurse
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    11,684
    I would say.....
    On Caylee's last day on earth she sang " PLEASE DON'T TAKE MY SUNSHINE AWAY"
    she was a baby, BEGGING FOR THE LIFE SHE HADN'T YET LIVED!!!
    SHE KNEW her life was in jeopardy!!! evidenced by her gritting her teeth at the end of her song
    That ANGEL SAW IT COMING!
    SHAME on EVERY ANTHONY for failing this beautiful baby.
    It has been said a picture is worth a thousand words. I would like to show you 100 . I want Caylee to speak to you because NO ONE ELSE in her family cares to.
    After you view these images we will have a moment of silence. I ask you to say a prayer for a life cut short be someone who should have been her protector.
    Then spare the life of the person who ended hers IF after all you have seen and heard over the past few weeks allow her to live even though she did not give Caylee that option. Or don't she does NOT deserve mercy or she would have allowed Caylee mercy. Caylee is the victims here. NO ONE ELSE. EVER. No matter what excuses they have tried to bestow on you.
    The SUN WILL SHINE TOMORROW for every one here, but Caylee won't feel it
    She's above it through no fault of her own
    RIP DEAR BABY. YOU are safe now and no one will ever hurt you again.
    As a victim you have made an impact on hundred's of thousands of people's lives.! ICA you gave birth to an ANGEL. You did not deserve her.
    ETA : there are tears in HEAVEN... they fall often here in Florida. The next raindrop that falls on you is a tear from Caylee. The next rainbow you see is Caylee thanking you for doing the right thing.
    God <or whomever you worship BLESSES you for the choice you make today.>
    To everyone related to this child
    .she touched my life in ways you will never know, because you didn't value her life. If only she had been given the chance to live, perhaps she could have broken down the wall you all choose hide behind
    Maybe someday you will realize that Caylee was born to teach you to love each other
    You failed the test. ETA 2: CAYLEE EVERY TIME I feel the sun warm my skin I will remember you... perhaps someday your family will too.



    <mods feel free to delete if I broke a rule>
    Last edited by gngr~snap; 05-20-2011 at 12:45 AM.

  17. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:


  18. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    2,813
    Caylee Marie was not my daughter, my granddaughter or my niece. I can't pretend that her life and death impacted me in the way I'm sure it impacted many who knew her personally. Still, I share my experience to demonstrate the affects of this horrible crime.

    I was suprised and sad when I found out Caylee was missing. As the months went by, I followed the case hoping that statistics would be proved wrong, and Caylee would come home to her family safe and sound. In the meantime, my daily life went on. I had real world concerns to attend to. One of those real world concerns was a friend of mine who was waiting for a liver transplant. Because of his condition he could not do everything around the house that an otherwise healthy husband might do. So, from time to time my husband and I and other family friends would do what we could to help him and his family.

    So it was that I came to be in my friend's living room one night in December. I drove there straight from work and said hello to the others gathered there to help with the project of replacing the bath in the bathroom. My eyes were suddenly drawn to the television hanging on the wall, and I couldn't believe the caption on the news story: Caylee had been found. In a trashbag. Discarded. Alone.

    This news would have been sad in and of itself. However, it hit me like a brick where I stood. One year ago, I had stood in this same room, in practically the same spot, saying goodbye to another beautiful little girl. I knew at the time that Natalie's cancer was winning. Her hospital bed from hospice was in the living room where the couch once stood. I had brought her a music box because she couldn't get up to play anymore and I thought maybe that would be something she could still enjoy even if she was too weak to play. Three days after that visit I stood there again, comforting her parents after she had left us. She was six.

    Watching that television, I knew I couldn't stay. I made apologies and excuses and left for home, crying most of the way. I just couldn't get over how many years my friends spent in different hospitals, different doctors and treatments, going to the ends of the Earth to save their little girl, and the fact that a healthy Caylee's life was cut short for no reason. I couldn't get past Natalie's last days and how everyone was there for her 24/7, and that she died with her parents holding her hands and comforting her and that Caylee was thrown in a trunk. I couldn't get past seeing her in the casket in her favorite "princess" dress, and all the balloons that adorned the funeral home because she loved balloons, and Caylee was put in a trashbag in the woods alone.

    I don't think I would have connected these two events were it not for happening to be right there when Caylee was found. From a personal standpoint, Natalie's death will always be more painful for me because she was someone I knew and loved. However from a human standpoint, Caylee's is infinitely more painful because Caylee did NOT have to die. She did not have to be discarded like trash. Caylee did not deserve a death sentence. She was shown no mercy. It is my fervent hope that justice will prevail and such a tragic loss will not go unpunished.

    There is still hope and good in the world. My friend did eventually get his liver transplant. Some anonymous family, facing the pain of their own loss, made a choice to consider the pain of another, and give a miraculous gift to another family they have never known. As a community, this is what untold numbers across the globe have come together to do for Caylee. Much has been made of the sensational coverage of this case. I hear comments from time to time about our spectator society. I can only say that the day that we don't care when a crime like this occurs, is the day I will have lost some faith in our world. We could not help her when she needed help, but we're here now, and we can make sure that she will never again be forgotten, discarded, ignored. We will do what we can for her, and today that is to demand justice for Caylee.


  19. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Culpeper, Virginia
    Posts
    3,195
    I would really have to think about this for a while, it is a one shot deal in the real case and it kind of is here, too....these threads will live on after this case is over.

    Interesting to write it from the POV of a Websleuths member-How has this case e/affected us, the time we have put into typing each thought, the passion, the late nights, the tears and the sleuthing....because Caylee was not meaningless to any of us. We have professionals here that have given so much of their time that would otherwise be charged at a hefty rate, there has to be a reason for that-that Caylee has impacted them greatly enough to offer their craft to her.

    And Caylee has impacted us all in the sense that she has brought this big group of people together-mothers, and victims, and lawyers, and writers-and I for one have grown to really appreciate that she gave us the gift of "knowing" one another. Our being here together on Websleuths is a good thing come out of a horrible tragedy. That may not be something the jury would consider, but I think Caylee has blessed us all in that way.


  20. #15
    gngr~snap's Avatar
    gngr~snap is offline Verified Professional Pediatric Triage/Phone Nurse
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    11,684
    I just pray SOMEONE WILL!!! LEE? bring it! Surely you have some CMA IMPACT statement left in you!

  21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:


  22. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    On top of the beautiful Appalachian Mountains.
    Posts
    13,750
    Bumping, because this is going to be an awesome thread.
    Don't murder in Kentucky! My thread here.

    http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...n+lisa+tackett



    A proud happy people, we were here long before the white man came. Stalking along meadow paths, we were used to hunting every day. The rivers gave us fish, The woods even gave us deer and other wild game. Here upon this land, we built our homes, and raised our families. Love was free and natural, as we moved swiftly among the trees. This was a country, It was here that we lived for centuries. Oh I want peace with my soul again. Oh I, I want peace with my soul again. Everyday was new love,. Our village was filled with smiling faces.

    All credit from the quote above, goes to Tom Bee, and XIT! The first Rock Native American band.

    Thank you Tom!!

  23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:


  24. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,261
    I am reminded of a phrase that includes these words: "the best is yet to be". Caylee Marie never had the opportunity to experience that - there is a hole on earth for the space that a living Caylee Marie once occupied. Who knows what might have been for Caylee Marie. Who knows what she may have contributed to humanity. Who knows the impact that this lovely babe has had on those who never knew her, but fell in love with her and felt pain upon evidence of her death. Who can forget Caylee Marie, ever? Who continues to remember the honest compassion she demonstrated when her last words were recorded forever on that video: "Are you tired, Papa?". Caylee Marie, the sun, the moon and the stars are now yours, and how sad that someone took our sunshine away.

  25. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Caligram For This Useful Post:


  26. #18
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,565
    your words are beautiful so far everyone. absolutely beautiful.

  27. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to GiantPickle For This Useful Post:


  28. #19
    Eidetic's Avatar
    Eidetic is offline Open your eyes to the millions of lies that they tell you every day.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Meeting with spiritual advisors and therapists
    Posts
    3,078
    I have cried more tears over the loss of this precious little girl then she probably cried in her short time here with us. In taking Caylee's life, her murderer bruised hearts many times over. From the people who had the pleasure to know Caylee every day, to the people who saw her in passing, to the strangers who fell in love with her and regard her very much as their own family, the wonderful people who tirelessly searched for her, and the brave men who found her. Let's not forget the people who uphold and enforce the law who Caylee's case is so important to as well as the news reporters who fell in love with her and still attend every court appearance sitting on her side until justice is served.
    We all feel we are owed an explanation of what could make someone do something like this? What was Caylee's last thought before she slipped away? Did she fight for her life? Unfortunately, these are the questions that will probably never be answered in our own time here and that is what makes this loss and tragic cases like it especially difficult. Caylee loved her family very much, she did not want to die. At such a tender age, she might not have even understood what death was yet. She simply wanted to act silly, to play in her sandbox and eat her favorite foods, sit on a lap and learn how to accomplish things like coloring inside of the lines, memorizing the lines to her favorite songs, tie her shoes all by herself, to use the potty and pick out her outfit for the day.
    This child was so full of life and such a ray of light with so much potential, she had her whole life ahead of her and what she could have become is anybody's guess. Anyone who could hurt her probably can't understand why our hearts ache and will continue to ache for her. So many worlds have been forever changed. She has touched so many hearts, I am confident she has touched your own and you also see how special this child was and is to so many of us. We love Caylee Marie Anthony but we can never have her back and we are reminded of that cruel reality every single day.

    "She's safe. She's in God's loving arms. In a lot of ways, I'm content by the fact that she will never have to have her heart broken, or see the constant negativity that our society breeds -nor will she ever be abused or taken advantage of." -Casey Anthony
    "They just want Caylee back, that's all they're worried about right now,"- Casey Anthony

    "I'm so angry and disappointed in our country's legal system, it makes me sick." -Casey Anthony
    "I guess you could say I am living for free off the kindness of strangers." -Casey Anthony
    "(Both of my parents are) not working, still, and yet, have the means to travel all over the country and don't feel that they have to explain where or why. Odd, right? -Casey Anthony

    I am so sorry Caylee.


  29. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    under a palm tree near the ocean shores
    Posts
    781
    caylee marie anthony - a child born on earth that has changed to being a child angel . when she took her first breath, first steps, words of such compassion to her papa -are you tired? - she never knew how she would become the most famous murder case. she was a little girl with eyes that could melt your heart. wisdom beyond her years in the knowing of how others could feel tired and her concern. many adults would not take the time or notice anothers state of feelings. she was the light of life in her bubbly , adorable ways. she seemed to be placed here on earth to teach others a child is precious and not all are treated as such in short life or long life . she died at the hands of someone who put duct tape on her mouth yet also put a heart shaped sticker on her lips. perhaps that person thought this would show some level of kindness. caylee did not deserve to be discarded as garbage , bagged in plastic bag. she did not deserve to have her remains grow plants thru the remaining skeletal bones. she sang her song please do not take my sunshine away to remain her theme song after her short life. she , caylee became manys lil girl with the sunset being her memory. god bless the child who deserves justice . caylee many have shed a tear on your heart of pure sunshine.
    i do not represent websleuths in any way other than being a registered member of the site. i do not speak for websleuths, nor claim to be more than a poster who blogs and posts on sites, including this one! any prior misunderstanding is - this is my thoughts and opinions only - what i say or write !

  30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to littlemisslegal For This Useful Post:


  31. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Eyes View Post
    Caylee Marie was not my daughter, my granddaughter or my niece. I can't pretend that her life and death impacted me in the way I'm sure it impacted many who knew her personally. Still, I share my experience to demonstrate the affects of this horrible crime.

    I was suprised and sad when I found out Caylee was missing. As the months went by, I followed the case hoping that statistics would be proved wrong, and Caylee would come home to her family safe and sound. In the meantime, my daily life went on. I had real world concerns to attend to. One of those real world concerns was a friend of mine who was waiting for a liver transplant. Because of his condition he could not do everything around the house that an otherwise healthy husband might do. So, from time to time my husband and I and other family friends would do what we could to help him and his family.

    So it was that I came to be in my friend's living room one night in December. I drove there straight from work and said hello to the others gathered there to help with the project of replacing the bath in the bathroom. My eyes were suddenly drawn to the television hanging on the wall, and I couldn't believe the caption on the news story: Caylee had been found. In a trashbag. Discarded. Alone.

    This news would have been sad in and of itself. However, it hit me like a brick where I stood. One year ago, I had stood in this same room, in practically the same spot, saying goodbye to another beautiful little girl. I knew at the time that Natalie's cancer was winning. Her hospital bed from hospice was in the living room where the couch once stood. I had brought her a music box because she couldn't get up to play anymore and I thought maybe that would be something she could still enjoy even if she was too weak to play. Three days after that visit I stood there again, comforting her parents after she had left us. She was six.

    Watching that television, I knew I couldn't stay. I made apologies and excuses and left for home, crying most of the way. I just couldn't get over how many years my friends spent in different hospitals, different doctors and treatments, going to the ends of the Earth to save their little girl, and the fact that a healthy Caylee's life was cut short for no reason. I couldn't get past Natalie's last days and how everyone was there for her 24/7, and that she died with her parents holding her hands and comforting her and that Caylee was thrown in a trunk. I couldn't get past seeing her in the casket in her favorite "princess" dress, and all the balloons that adorned the funeral home because she loved balloons, and Caylee was put in a trashbag in the woods alone.

    I don't think I would have connected these two events were it not for happening to be right there when Caylee was found. From a personal standpoint, Natalie's death will always be more painful for me because she was someone I knew and loved. However from a human standpoint, Caylee's is infinitely more painful because Caylee did NOT have to die. She did not have to be discarded like trash. Caylee did not deserve a death sentence. She was shown no mercy. It is my fervent hope that justice will prevail and such a tragic loss will not go unpunished.

    There is still hope and good in the world. My friend did eventually get his liver transplant. Some anonymous family, facing the pain of their own loss, made a choice to consider the pain of another, and give a miraculous gift to another family they have never known. As a community, this is what untold numbers across the globe have come together to do for Caylee. Much has been made of the sensational coverage of this case. I hear comments from time to time about our spectator society. I can only say that the day that we don't care when a crime like this occurs, is the day I will have lost some faith in our world. We could not help her when she needed help, but we're here now, and we can make sure that she will never again be forgotten, discarded, ignored. We will do what we can for her, and today that is to demand justice for Caylee.
    Irish, that was just beautiful and is fprobably the most heart wrenching tribute to Caylee I've read. it just kills me that total strangerst to Caylee Marie are so deeply moved by her life and saddened by her death when her own family can't even manage to be truthful about it.

    thank you wasn't enough....
    I lost an adult son last year for a stupid reason and I would have gladly given my own life in exchange for his, but God didnt take me up on it . I cannot cannot wrap my mind around any of the Anthony's "grieving" and especially cannot understand Casey... I am almost a year from the loss of my son and I am still devastated and unable to conduct a normal life... and I had him for 39 years before he passed away. How can she not be affected at all?

    So again, thank you for this warm and lovely human tribute with real emotion and real love... I felt very heartened to read your words.
    The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them.
    Lois McMaster Bujold



  32. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to LawRig For This Useful Post:


  33. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,055
    As I said in the NG thread from the other night:

    I hope Jesse Grund gives a victim impact statement.

  34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to concentric For This Useful Post:


  35. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Between the beach and the river
    Posts
    6,558
    I don't know if I could get past the sobs. I would want to speak of Caylee only,and what she has come to mean to the all of us.
    Always ,just my opinion

    SPECIAL NEEDS MISSING MAN
    JOHNNY LAMAR BROWN missing since Aug 3rd from MYRTLE BEACH,SC while on a family vacation .Hometown CARTERSVILLE,GA

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=181822




    *****************************************
    We never saw it coming .Please talk to your teen even if you don't think you need to !
    Far more teens commit impulsive suicide without chronic depression
    Miss U James

  36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MissJames For This Useful Post:


  37. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Between the beach and the river
    Posts
    6,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Eyes View Post
    Caylee Marie was not my daughter, my granddaughter or my niece. I can't pretend that her life and death impacted me in the way I'm sure it impacted many who knew her personally. Still, I share my experience to demonstrate the affects of this horrible crime.

    I was suprised and sad when I found out Caylee was missing. As the months went by, I followed the case hoping that statistics would be proved wrong, and Caylee would come home to her family safe and sound. In the meantime, my daily life went on. I had real world concerns to attend to. One of those real world concerns was a friend of mine who was waiting for a liver transplant. Because of his condition he could not do everything around the house that an otherwise healthy husband might do. So, from time to time my husband and I and other family friends would do what we could to help him and his family.

    So it was that I came to be in my friend's living room one night in December. I drove there straight from work and said hello to the others gathered there to help with the project of replacing the bath in the bathroom. My eyes were suddenly drawn to the television hanging on the wall, and I couldn't believe the caption on the news story: Caylee had been found. In a trashbag. Discarded. Alone.

    This news would have been sad in and of itself. However, it hit me like a brick where I stood. One year ago, I had stood in this same room, in practically the same spot, saying goodbye to another beautiful little girl. I knew at the time that Natalie's cancer was winning. Her hospital bed from hospice was in the living room where the couch once stood. I had brought her a music box because she couldn't get up to play anymore and I thought maybe that would be something she could still enjoy even if she was too weak to play. Three days after that visit I stood there again, comforting her parents after she had left us. She was six.

    Watching that television, I knew I couldn't stay. I made apologies and excuses and left for home, crying most of the way. I just couldn't get over how many years my friends spent in different hospitals, different doctors and treatments, going to the ends of the Earth to save their little girl, and the fact that a healthy Caylee's life was cut short for no reason. I couldn't get past Natalie's last days and how everyone was there for her 24/7, and that she died with her parents holding her hands and comforting her and that Caylee was thrown in a trunk. I couldn't get past seeing her in the casket in her favorite "princess" dress, and all the balloons that adorned the funeral home because she loved balloons, and Caylee was put in a trashbag in the woods alone.

    I don't think I would have connected these two events were it not for happening to be right there when Caylee was found. From a personal standpoint, Natalie's death will always be more painful for me because she was someone I knew and loved. However from a human standpoint, Caylee's is infinitely more painful because Caylee did NOT have to die. She did not have to be discarded like trash. Caylee did not deserve a death sentence. She was shown no mercy. It is my fervent hope that justice will prevail and such a tragic loss will not go unpunished.

    There is still hope and good in the world. My friend did eventually get his liver transplant. Some anonymous family, facing the pain of their own loss, made a choice to consider the pain of another, and give a miraculous gift to another family they have never known. As a community, this is what untold numbers across the globe have come together to do for Caylee. Much has been made of the sensational coverage of this case. I hear comments from time to time about our spectator society. I can only say that the day that we don't care when a crime like this occurs, is the day I will have lost some faith in our world. We could not help her when she needed help, but we're here now, and we can make sure that she will never again be forgotten, discarded, ignored. We will do what we can for her, and today that is to demand justice for Caylee.
    Always ,just my opinion

    SPECIAL NEEDS MISSING MAN
    JOHNNY LAMAR BROWN missing since Aug 3rd from MYRTLE BEACH,SC while on a family vacation .Hometown CARTERSVILLE,GA

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=181822




    *****************************************
    We never saw it coming .Please talk to your teen even if you don't think you need to !
    Far more teens commit impulsive suicide without chronic depression
    Miss U James

  38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MissJames For This Useful Post:


  39. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    6,719
    From the first picture I ever saw of her, Caylee grabbed me and wouldn't let me go. There is just something about this little girl that I never knew, something about her innocence, her joy for life as seen in home videos, and her magnetism, her shining light of all of that is good and just and right in this world that has made me love her and wish that I knew her.

    So I keep asking myself why? Why was she brought into this world, so beautiful and pure, just be taken out in a such an ugly and awful way? Why couldn't her own mother see what a GIFT from God she was? Anyone, including me, would have loved to take this child into a loving home and let her light continue to shine, to let her vast potential be realized. Anyone except the woman who gave her life in the first place. How ironic that is.

    But no one can save her life now. She is gone, her light extinguished, her life but a brief memory in time. But let me tell you, it's a life that I will never forget. I will hold her in my heart forever. Her light will always shine in me, and in everyone that truly loved her, especially those who loved her and never knew her. That's how bright she is and continues to be, a light in the darkness of this cold, cruel world.

    I am sad she is gone, but glad she was once here. She is a sign, a beacon to all of us of how good, and special, and wonderful life can be. She has shown me that life is special, and nothing should be taken for granted. No person or moment should be thrown away like it's nothing, but instead be treasured, kept close to our hearts, and help us live life to the fullest.

    If her brief time on this earth was to show all of us these things, then Caylee truly did what she was supposed to do. And for that, we should all be glad and thankful. I know I am, and I know I always will be.

    She is our sunshine. And she will continue to shine down on us everyday from heaven. So you see, she can never be taken away from us as long as truth and justice, what's right in our hearts and what is fair and honorable, is what is done everyday, every moment of our lives, and in this very courtroom. Justice for Caylee is justice for us all. It is what is right, what is fair, and what needs to happen to honor Caylee.

    That is what Caylee continues to mean to me. And what she should mean to everyone. God bless Caylee Marie Anthony, and thank you God for giving her to all of us.

  40. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Victim impact statement *MERGED*
    By butterfly1978 in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 06-29-2011, 08:38 AM
  2. Written Victim Impact Statements
    By Nancy2441 in forum Amber Dubois
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-15-2010, 06:37 PM
  3. Video of Victim Impact Statements
    By Nancy2441 in forum Chelsea King
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2010, 07:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •