If you could give a victim impact statement, what would you say?

Trapshooter

Reaction score
The victim impact statements were brought up during the afternoon jury selection thread. Since we have all been impacted by the death of our precious Caylee Marie, let's post here how Caylee has affected our lives. Hopefully this will be a healing, therapeutic thread for all of us!

:blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Whoops, I forgot to post my statement.

Caylee Marie has touched my heart forever and has been in my thoughts and prayers for 3 years. This precious child had a beautiful smile, an outgoing personality, loved to sing and brought sunshine into the lives of many! I only pray that justice will be served for Caylee. Her life was taken way too soon and we will never know what great things Caylee could have given to our world.

I love you Caylee Marie! :blowkiss:

Whoops, I forgot to post my statement.

Caylee Marie has touched my heart forever and has been in my thoughts and prayers for 3 years. This precious child had a beautiful smile, an outgoing personality, loved to sing and brought sunshine into the lives of many! I only pray that justice will be served for Caylee. Her life was taken way too soon and we will never know what great things Caylee could have given to our world.

I love you Caylee Marie! :blowkiss:

If I post one, I will cry. I am sorry Trap. I wish I could contribute to this thread, but it would just be too painful. I am still working on my own impact statement for October. What a beautiful thing to do though. All I can say is God bless you Caylee. And God bless Trap and all the other WS's that have literally given up parts of their lives to seek justice for our little ROCK STAR! :)

If I post one, I will cry. I am sorry Trap. I wish I could contribute to this thread, but it would just be too painful. I am still working on my own impact statement for October. What a beautiful thing to do though. All I can say is God bless you Caylee. And God bless Trap and all the other WS's that have literally given up parts of their lives to seek justice for our little ROCK STAR! :)

We understand 100%!! (((((Tulessa)))))

I'm going to have to really think about this one. I have a lot to say!

This thread is very young, but I hope it stays around and grows. Some of you are really prolific writers, and all of you are so passionate and loving, I am really looking forward to reading what people have to say for Caylee.

I am before you today so that Caylee Marie Anthony will have a voice. She does not speak through me... she speaks through all of us. A part of all of our futures was taken away from us when Casey Marie Anthony murdered Caylee Marie Anthony on June 16th, 2008.

When a child is mercilessly taken away from this world... we have lost a possible cure for any amount of deadly diseases that have effected all of us... maybe not directly, but through family and friends... that is lost forever!

Caylee Marie Anthony could have been the first female President of the United States, or she could have joined the military and fought for every freedom we hold dear in this Country. That is lost forever!

The possibilites are endless... yet they were ended on June 16th, 2008.

Through this trial, you have seen Caylee's face... you have heard her voice through all the evidence that made you come to the decision you have come to. That Casey Marie Anthony has committed the ultimate crime... A capital crime... a crime, that I believe, warrants death.

It is your decision... trust your heart. Your in my prayers.

I am before you today so that Caylee Marie Anthony will have a voice. She does not speak through me... she speaks through all of us. A part of all of our futures was taken away from us when Casey Marie Anthony murdered Caylee Marie Anthony on June 16th, 2008.

When a child is mercilessly taken away from this world... we have lost a possible cure for any amount of deadly diseases that have effected all of us... maybe not directly, but through family and friends... that is lost forever!

Caylee Marie Anthony could have been the first female President of the United States, or she could have joined the military and fought for every freedom we hold dear in this Country. That is lost forever!

The possibilites are endless... yet they were ended on June 16th, 2008.

Through this trial, you have seen Caylee's face... you have heard her voice through all the evidence that made you come to the decision you have come to. That Casey Marie Anthony has committed the ultimate crime... A capital crime... a crime, that I believe, warrants death.

It is your decision... trust your heart. Your in my prayers.

Beautiful, and I told you I would cry!

Personally, I wonder what the victim's own family would say... Aren't George and Cindy in a spot! WILL they give a victim's impact statement, and if so, will they truly give a voice to Caylee, will they give a voice to the profound pain and fear that has been woven into the lives of their family and beyond?

I cannot imagine how GA and CA will be able to reconcile their support and belief in KC's "innocence" with the void of Caylee's absence that has, at the same time, been created by KC.

Or will they turn the opportunity of giving a victim's impact statement into some kind of stage for venting about how KC isn't guilty, was Mother of the Year and so on. It certainly remains to be seen, and how interesting it will be.

I love the heart that is behind this thread. I know that many of us will spend hours crafting expressions of what Caylee meant in this world, and how we have come to love her even though we never had the opportunity to know her personally.

Some ground rules need to be clear from the start here, though, so please read the following and keep it in mind as you craft your messages of love and support for beautiful Caylee.

1. NO bashing of anyone involved in this case will be tolerated.
This thread should shine with the light that Caylee brought into this world.

2. WS does not support or encourage letter-writing campaigns in any circumstance without Tricia's explicit approval. What you choose to do with your statement is your business. When you share that with someone else and indicate that it represents WS, or when you try to rally WSers to campaign in some way, it becomes OUR business.

3. This thread is for Caylee only. No discussion please except to thank other posters for their statements.
I hope this is self-explanatory.

4. No bashing will be tolerated. Yep, I said it twice. Keep the focus on Caylee.

We have seen the impressive work that our members have done crafting opening and closing statements. This thread gives us an opportunity to sing Caylee's praises, to keep her alive in our minds and our hearts. And who knows what ripple effects it may have?

:tyou:, and I look forward to reading and crying along with you on this thread.

She was everyone's sunshine. Caylee Marie Anthony. Little did I know upon hearing her voice on my television that I would soon meet the big beautiful eyes of an angel on earth. I watched with tears as she sang a sweet song to her great grandfather. One we have since learned was likely her last. A little girl lost, and how the world prayed she would be found. "Are you tired papa?", I hear her delicate voice say...

Never again will we hear her sweet voice sing or read. No more celebrations of birthdays, graduations, first loves and heartaches, even driving her very first car. No more dandelion flowers to bring to loved ones. No more wonderment while watching a butterfly flutter. Every happiness and sadness, joy and gladness, taken... from the world. Caylee Marie Anthony, yes, she was everyone's sunshine. Our world is dimmer without her here.

I respectfully stand before this court today so that you, the jury, will consider the light, love, hope and joy the world lost on that fateful day June 16, 2008. She deserved better than her fate. I hope you will consider better for her in her passing.

Perhaps Caylee would say,

"You'll never know Mom, how much I loved you, why did you take my sunshine away...."

I would say.....
On Caylee's last day on earth she sang " PLEASE DON'T TAKE MY SUNSHINE AWAY"
she was a baby, BEGGING FOR THE LIFE SHE HADN'T YET LIVED!!!
SHE KNEW her life was in jeopardy!!! evidenced by her gritting her teeth at the end of her song
That ANGEL SAW IT COMING!
SHAME on EVERY ANTHONY for failing this beautiful baby.
It has been said a picture is worth a thousand words. I would like to show you 100 . I want Caylee to speak to you because NO ONE ELSE in her family cares to.
After you view these images we will have a moment of silence. I ask you to say a prayer for a life cut short be someone who should have been her protector.
Then spare the life of the person who ended hers IF after all you have seen and heard over the past few weeks allow her to live even though she did not give Caylee that option. Or don't she does NOT deserve mercy or she would have allowed Caylee mercy. Caylee is the victims here. NO ONE ELSE. EVER. No matter what excuses they have tried to bestow on you.
The SUN WILL SHINE TOMORROW for every one here, but Caylee won't feel it
She's above it through no fault of her own
RIP DEAR BABY. YOU are safe now and no one will ever hurt you again.
As a victim you have made an impact on hundred's of thousands of people's lives.! ICA you gave birth to an ANGEL. You did not deserve her.
ETA : there are tears in HEAVEN... they fall often here in Florida. The next raindrop that falls on you is a tear from Caylee. The next rainbow you see is Caylee thanking you for doing the right thing.
God <or whomever you worship BLESSES you for the choice you make today.>
To everyone related to this child
.she touched my life in ways you will never know, because you didn't value her life. If only she had been given the chance to live, perhaps she could have broken down the wall you all choose hide behind
Maybe someday you will realize that Caylee was born to teach you to love each other
You failed the test. ETA 2: CAYLEE EVERY TIME I feel the sun warm my skin I will remember you... perhaps someday your family will too.

<mods feel free to delete if I broke a rule>

Caylee Marie was not my daughter, my granddaughter or my niece. I can't pretend that her life and death impacted me in the way I'm sure it impacted many who knew her personally. Still, I share my experience to demonstrate the affects of this horrible crime.

I was suprised and sad when I found out Caylee was missing. As the months went by, I followed the case hoping that statistics would be proved wrong, and Caylee would come home to her family safe and sound. In the meantime, my daily life went on. I had real world concerns to attend to. One of those real world concerns was a friend of mine who was waiting for a liver transplant. Because of his condition he could not do everything around the house that an otherwise healthy husband might do. So, from time to time my husband and I and other family friends would do what we could to help him and his family.

So it was that I came to be in my friend's living room one night in December. I drove there straight from work and said hello to the others gathered there to help with the project of replacing the bath in the bathroom. My eyes were suddenly drawn to the television hanging on the wall, and I couldn't believe the caption on the news story: Caylee had been found. In a trashbag. Discarded. Alone.

This news would have been sad in and of itself. However, it hit me like a brick where I stood. One year ago, I had stood in this same room, in practically the same spot, saying goodbye to another beautiful little girl. I knew at the time that Natalie's cancer was winning. Her hospital bed from hospice was in the living room where the couch once stood. I had brought her a music box because she couldn't get up to play anymore and I thought maybe that would be something she could still enjoy even if she was too weak to play. Three days after that visit I stood there again, comforting her parents after she had left us. She was six.

Watching that television, I knew I couldn't stay. I made apologies and excuses and left for home, crying most of the way. I just couldn't get over how many years my friends spent in different hospitals, different doctors and treatments, going to the ends of the Earth to save their little girl, and the fact that a healthy Caylee's life was cut short for no reason. I couldn't get past Natalie's last days and how everyone was there for her 24/7, and that she died with her parents holding her hands and comforting her and that Caylee was thrown in a trunk. I couldn't get past seeing her in the casket in her favorite "princess" dress, and all the balloons that adorned the funeral home because she loved balloons, and Caylee was put in a trashbag in the woods alone.

I don't think I would have connected these two events were it not for happening to be right there when Caylee was found. From a personal standpoint, Natalie's death will always be more painful for me because she was someone I knew and loved. However from a human standpoint, Caylee's is infinitely more painful because Caylee did NOT have to die. She did not have to be discarded like trash. Caylee did not deserve a death sentence. She was shown no mercy. It is my fervent hope that justice will prevail and such a tragic loss will not go unpunished.

There is still hope and good in the world. My friend did eventually get his liver transplant. Some anonymous family, facing the pain of their own loss, made a choice to consider the pain of another, and give a miraculous gift to another family they have never known. As a community, this is what untold numbers across the globe have come together to do for Caylee. Much has been made of the sensational coverage of this case. I hear comments from time to time about our spectator society. I can only say that the day that we don't care when a crime like this occurs, is the day I will have lost some faith in our world. We could not help her when she needed help, but we're here now, and we can make sure that she will never again be forgotten, discarded, ignored. We will do what we can for her, and today that is to demand justice for Caylee.

I would really have to think about this for a while, it is a one shot deal in the real case and it kind of is here, too....these threads will live on after this case is over.

Interesting to write it from the POV of a Websleuths member-How has this case e/affected us, the time we have put into typing each thought, the passion, the late nights, the tears and the sleuthing....because Caylee was not meaningless to any of us. We have professionals here that have given so much of their time that would otherwise be charged at a hefty rate, there has to be a reason for that-that Caylee has impacted them greatly enough to offer their craft to her.

And Caylee has impacted us all in the sense that she has brought this big group of people together-mothers, and victims, and lawyers, and writers-and I for one have grown to really appreciate that she gave us the gift of "knowing" one another. Our being here together on Websleuths is a good thing come out of a horrible tragedy. That may not be something the jury would consider, but I think Caylee has blessed us all in that way.

I just pray SOMEONE WILL!!! LEE? bring it! Surely you have some CMA IMPACT statement left in you!

Bumping, because this is going to be an awesome thread. :)

I am reminded of a phrase that includes these words: "the best is yet to be". Caylee Marie never had the opportunity to experience that - there is a hole on earth for the space that a living Caylee Marie once occupied. Who knows what might have been for Caylee Marie. Who knows what she may have contributed to humanity. Who knows the impact that this lovely babe has had on those who never knew her, but fell in love with her and felt pain upon evidence of her death. Who can forget Caylee Marie, ever? Who continues to remember the honest compassion she demonstrated when her last words were recorded forever on that video: "Are you tired, Papa?". Caylee Marie, the sun, the moon and the stars are now yours, and how sad that someone took our sunshine away.

your words are beautiful so far everyone. absolutely beautiful.

I have cried more tears over the loss of this precious little girl then she probably cried in her short time here with us. In taking Caylee's life, her murderer bruised hearts many times over. From the people who had the pleasure to know Caylee every day, to the people who saw her in passing, to the strangers who fell in love with her and regard her very much as their own family, the wonderful people who tirelessly searched for her, and the brave men who found her. Let's not forget the people who uphold and enforce the law who Caylee's case is so important to as well as the news reporters who fell in love with her and still attend every court appearance sitting on her side until justice is served.
We all feel we are owed an explanation of what could make someone do something like this? What was Caylee's last thought before she slipped away? Did she fight for her life? Unfortunately, these are the questions that will probably never be answered in our own time here and that is what makes this loss and tragic cases like it especially difficult. Caylee loved her family very much, she did not want to die. At such a tender age, she might not have even understood what death was yet. She simply wanted to act silly, to play in her sandbox and eat her favorite foods, sit on a lap and learn how to accomplish things like coloring inside of the lines, memorizing the lines to her favorite songs, tie her shoes all by herself, to use the potty and pick out her outfit for the day.
This child was so full of life and such a ray of light with so much potential, she had her whole life ahead of her and what she could have become is anybody's guess. Anyone who could hurt her probably can't understand why our hearts ache and will continue to ache for her. So many worlds have been forever changed. She has touched so many hearts, I am confident she has touched your own and you also see how special this child was and is to so many of us. We love Caylee Marie Anthony but we can never have her back and we are reminded of that cruel reality every single day.

caylee marie anthony - a child born on earth that has changed to being a child angel . when she took her first breath, first steps, words of such compassion to her papa -are you tired? - she never knew how she would become the most famous murder case. she was a little girl with eyes that could melt your heart. wisdom beyond her years in the knowing of how others could feel tired and her concern. many adults would not take the time or notice anothers state of feelings. she was the light of life in her bubbly , adorable ways. she seemed to be placed here on earth to teach others a child is precious and not all are treated as such in short life or long life . she died at the hands of someone who put duct tape on her mouth yet also put a heart shaped sticker on her lips. perhaps that person thought this would show some level of kindness. caylee did not deserve to be discarded as garbage , bagged in plastic bag. she did not deserve to have her remains grow plants thru the remaining skeletal bones. she sang her song please do not take my sunshine away to remain her theme song after her short life. she , caylee became manys lil girl with the sunset being her memory. god bless the child who deserves justice . caylee many have shed a tear on your heart of pure sunshine.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back