Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3

Quote Originally Posted by Emeralgem View Post
    The only one I have seen is someone driving around 70mph at night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOORV0rfZjI
    Okay folks, here is trip UP Roberts Mill Rd in the daylight. Please note that this was shot in the winter, right now everything is covered and lush green so visibility is a lot lower now. I am posting both link and embedded.

http://youtu.be/KrmYnwDogE0

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KrmYnwDogE0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to fireflylink For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
    bolded by me.

Hmmmm...."call say little" --what could that mean?
    it could possibly be a mis-text. some of those phones put the word in for you and sometimes its wrong. i have to decipher texts i get sometimes for that very reason. jmo, but it might have meant "headed down...can say little" and that would make more sense. of course i have no idea if that is the case or not, just a possibility.
    "love is made of music and laughter" turtle

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nanny2five For This Useful Post:

Possibly in Safe House

Just thinking today that possibly Gail has driven to a safe house (or been driven) due to family disturbances documented. Just so hard to fathom that her vehicle has not been spotted anywhere.

Gail is the 2nd mysterious person missing here in Tennessee within a short time. First Holly Bobo and now Gail...

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JayCeeVee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nanny2five View Post
    it could possibly be a mis-text. some of those phones put the word in for you and sometimes its wrong. i have to decipher texts i get sometimes for that very reason. jmo, but it might have meant "headed down...can say little" and that would make more sense. of course i have no idea if that is the case or not, just a possibility.
    My impression is she left word for the call back knowing she would be driving with children during the call back. I assumed she would take the call by blue-tooth while driving. I would be wanting to remind my friend the children will be listening. I do that with my grown children calling... letting them know someone will be riding with me. They often start right in assuming I am alone! Or when they call I say right away "Say hello to ___________!"

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to redfish For This Useful Post:

[QUOTE=glorias;6527149]http://www.thewetumpkaherald.com/new...cc4c03286.html

This article shows Harrison County, Tennessee. This should be Hamilton County, Tennessee.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JayCeeVee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fbx View Post
    Why does this question keep popping up???? It is something that continually needs refuting, each time the answer is the same one...All attention possible is desired Why is it still an issue???
    The issue first came up because there have been people who say that putting this in the media might embarrass Matt. MacGyver reported someone even made anonymous call(s) saying that the fliers for Gail might embarrass Matt, and she had probably just run off anyway.

The reason it came up Friday is because someone posted that the family didn't want "certain ones" to get info. I don't think many of us understood what that person was saying, and we just wanted to clarify, because it sounded a little like someone near the family was saying that they DIDN'T want certain media attention. Here's the post:

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6522295&postcount=132"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3[/ame]

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorias For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoormouse View Post
    I don't recall JBean confirming that, the one thing I recall her confirming is that is was Gail leaving in the Jeep.
    I found what I was remembering. It's not a confirmation, you're right, it's basing the time on what we knew then, that the call to Diane was "moments" before she went missing.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6518758#post6518758"]TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3 - Page 3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorias For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fireflylink View Post
    ThoughtFox,
    I would have to agree about Google Earth, just providing a little real world perspective

May I add info on the great videos you found?

The first one is Signal Mountain Blvd/Taft Hwy/127 (the "main" road up/down the mountain).

The second is the W-Road.

If no video is available of Roberts Mill I would be happy to shoot a drive for you tomorrow. Let me know if I can help. Feel free to email me.
    Are you sure that second one is the W-Road? It seems too long of a drive for that. The person who put it on YouTube has it tagged as Roberts Mill Road, so I wrote to her and asked her which road it was.

This is the W-Road:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sddwvc1xEI4&feature=related[/ame]

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JayCeeVee View Post
    Just thinking today that possibly Gail has driven to a safe house (or been driven) due to family disturbances documented. Just so hard to fathom that her vehicle has not been spotted anywhere.

Gail is the 2nd mysterious person missing here in Tennessee within a short time. First Holly Bobo and now Gail...
    People who know about such things here have said that if she was in a Safe House, they at least would have alerted the police by now.

And why would she want her children to suffer this way if it was just about hiding from the husband? I can't believe she would leave them hanging this way. JMO

It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:

Roberts Mill Road on Google Maps with Streetview (Click the red balloon and you should be able to look both ways on the road and move along by clicking forward).

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:

Howdy all and 'welcomes' to our newbies,

Thanks everyone for being a part of brainstorming and getting the word out about Gail.

Additionally, big thanks to emeraldgem, hollyblue, and fireflylink for the great responses to the questions I asked about the terrain, particularly those with sheer drop offs and waterways alongside.

To Gail's close friends, thanks for being here and letting us be alongside you in this.

Hi Snowbunny, thanks for responding... You wrote:

>>With all due respect, I hate to say this but it doesn't matter how educated one is or the positions of power one has held in life, when it comes to matters of the heart and family. People that are use to being in control of everything tend to fall harder when things spin out of control because they are not use to dealing with it. I've seen it happen time and time again.<<

Good point about those who have been in control falling harder when things spin out of control, I know that from personal experience. The point I was addressing, however, was not of a fall but rather of a personal strength and ability to handle coming back and facing whatever music may need to be faced in the event Gail did leave of her own volition and wish to return home again.

Someone said a whole lot when they said something about a mother returning to her children. In 60 years, I have learned what it is like to be in control, spin out of control and come back. I know what it is like to feel desperate, suicidal, crazy, get over a hump with meds, face off with perimenopause a failing marriage etc. Based on the little I have learned about Gail, she is capable of handling things in a come back, even if she did need to retreat for a while.

I "hope" that Gail is in retreat, I don't believe she is. Gail was in communication with friends all along and was not afraid to discuss problems, I don't think she just suddenly stopped communication or dealing with problems because she went wacko. I think there is writing on the wall and I am very uncomfortable about her well being after reading it.

I am glad there will be people out searching, I am scared of what might be found.

PS. I can't help but think that there has been a car accident, unintentional or intentional -- but not of Gail's choosing.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    W

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wrinkles For This Useful Post:

“Headed down...call say little.”

Another interpretation of this could be: Say little cause my cell phone is tapped?

Which gives me hope because she could have ditched the phone.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Janeumayer For This Useful Post:

Or, perhaps, if someone else calls, please say little. It sure sounds to me like she was very afraid of someone. My gosh - what happened to this poor lady -- was she threatened? drugged? being set up? There's usually some kind of build up before an awful event like this -- what drove her to this?

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePhantom For This Useful Post:

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sleuthy1 For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Yes, before this article, all indications were that Gail was talking to her sister on the phone April 30 around noon, I assumed as she was driving away from her home in Signal Mtn.. But that is my assumption, that she was in the car.

It just struck me, maybe she was preoccupied with the phone call to her sister, as well as her emotions, and that's why she didn't acknowledge SB waving at her.
    Gail called Diane from the lake house in AL at 6 in the morning... before she left to return to SM at noon.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeumayer View Post
    “Headed down...call say little.”

Another interpretation of this could be: Say little cause my cell phone is tapped?

Which gives me hope because she could have ditched the phone.
    I had thought it was her telling AD not to text, but you bring some thoughts up. . .

Or her jeep. Maybe someone placed a tracker on her vehicle too? If that's true and "things" we're coming back to her from GP concerning who she talked to, where she had been, etc.....it would make you paranoid and think someone was following you. Would someone be able to get online and get up to date phone activity from her a/c?

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

Here's a strange story about another local missing woman, Nancy Williams, and most probably unrelated, but the place they found her car was really strange. And they still haven't found her.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_201760.asp

The car of a missing East Ridge woman has been found in a remote section of Sequatchie County. Sheriff Ronnie Hitchcock said the car belonging to 68-year-old Nancy Williams was found on a side road on Fredonia Mountain.

Sheriff Hitchcock said the car was locked, and the keys were not in it. He said there was no damage to the car.
    Authorities have brought in search dogs to aid in the search.
    There has been no recent activity on her cellphone.

For those outside the area, East Ridge is southern suburb of Chattanooga. Sequatchie County is northwest of Signal Mountain, where the town of Dunlap is located. None of this makes much sense, even though the husband in this case said his wife was suffering headaches before she disappeared.

ETA: Looking at a map of where Fredonia Mountain is, imagine going down 127 (Taft Highway) from Signal Mt. to Dunlap, then back up the Cumberland Plateau on Fredonia Road, a 2000 ft. mountain. This story kind of gives me the creeps for some reason. Why would a 68 year old woman drive over Signal and over another mountain by herself, then get out of her car and leave it there?

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JayCeeVee View Post

And also:

**This is also just a short distance from Dunlap.....???
    http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14686326

reading about this last night, so close to home, was somewhat shocking...

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fbx For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by glorias View Post
    The issue first came up because there have been people who say that putting this in the media might embarrass Matt. MacGyver reported someone even made anonymous call(s) saying that the fliers for Gail might embarrass Matt, and she had probably just run off anyway.

The reason it came up Friday is because someone posted that the family didn't want "certain ones" to get info. I don't think many of us understood what that person was saying, and we just wanted to clarify, because it sounded a little like someone near the family was saying that they DIDN'T want certain media attention. Here's the post:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3
    I'm sorry...It was late at night when I posted. I meant to imply that this is happening often and so perhaps it could be a case of constant purposeful mis-information...and why should anyone wish to do that?

38. The Following User Says Thank You to fbx For This Useful Post:

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2...an-uncomfirme/

The last comment, posted May 20th 1:54AM is definitely worth reading.

Actual information about the alleged girlfriend, that we can look into. =3
    Twinkle Twinkle
    little bat
    how I wonder
    where you're at...

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TheDoormouse For This Useful Post:

No need to apologize, fbx. I agree, I don't know why people would say not to take this public, but a few people have.

Well, someone with that name does work for the same place Matt does, if that means anything. Otherwise, it is unfortunately just rumor.

43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorias For This Useful Post:

We can only investigate if the name is in the article, not the comments. Still, it's quite interesting.

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    bolded by me.

Hmmmm...."call say little" --what could that mean?
    My guess is that the kids were in the car, so Gail didnt want a lot of probing questions she couldnt answer in front of them.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

47. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    I had thought it was her telling AD not to text, but you bring some thoughts up. . .

Or her jeep. Maybe someone placed a tracker on her vehicle too? If that's true and "things" we're coming back to her from GP concerning who she talked to, where she had been, etc.....it would make you paranoid and think someone was following you. Would someone be able to get online and get up to date phone activity from her a/c?
    BBM-wow I missed something...I will go back and re read the thread...
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

49. The Following User Says Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast