Page 18 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    Thanks Sleuthy1-I know how hard this is not to rip into all of the rumor being posted elsewhere. I have to say that (possibly) being less than a stellar husband who clearly isnt sad his wife is gone (imho) doesnt mean he had something to do with her disappearance in the sinister sense.

There are all kinds of ways to apply pressure that might contribute. Nuff said. Or not, for that matter.

Once we see confirmation in mainstream media, have at it. Peace.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthy1 View Post
    Thought you might like to read the interesting comment placed at the bottom of the article. I also, wasn't sure if this article had been posted on WS yet. So I thought I would share.
    Speaking of the Signal Mnt murders...does anyone have the geographical coordinates for where the atv's and the men were found?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

Weather History for Chattanooga, TN
    Saturday, April 30, 2011
    Reference Information

Max Temperature: 81 °F
    Min Temperature: 49 °F
    Precipitation: 0.00 in
    Max Wind Speed: 16 mph
    Max Gust Speed: 25 mph

Hourly Conditions:

Time: 11:53 AM
    Temp: 72.0 °F
    Visibility: 10.0 miles
    Wind Speed: 3.5 mph
    Conditions: Scattered Clouds

Time: 12:53 PM
    Temp: 73.9 °F
    Wind Speed: 8.1 mph
    Conditions: Scattered Clouds

Time: 1:53 PM
    Temp: 77.0 °F
    Wind Speed: 8.1 mph
    Gust Speed: 19.6 mph
    Conditions: Clear

Time: 2:53 PM
    Temp: 78.1 °F
    Wind Speed: 5.8 mph
    Gust Speed: N/A
    Conditions: Partly Cloudy

Time: 3:53 PM
    Temp: 80.1 °F
    Wind Speed: 12.7 mph
    Gust Speed: 25.3 mph
    Conditions: Partly Cloudy

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KCHA/2011/4/30/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_sta tename=NA

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cloudajo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    This is outstanding information and I thank you!
    Thank you for that info. Regarding the cell service...this is traveling up or down the mountain- not at the top or bottom, where cell service is good. Is that correct?

In my experience, vehicles can travel in a river such as the TN quite farther than one might think, especially with with onset of rain and severe weather. There are quite a few 'whirlpools' and whatnot that can toss even a heavy vehicle around quite a bit. If Gail's vehicle went into the river, I think it would have gotten hung up in the rocky area S of the bridge.

That said- I can completely see the gorge situation as well.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoormouse View Post
    http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2...an-uncomfirme/

The last comment, posted May 20th 1:54AM is definitely worth reading.

Actual information about the alleged girlfriend, that we can look into. =3
    VERY interesting, thanks TheDoormouse!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Oriah View Post
    Thank you for that info. Regarding the cell service...this is traveling up or down the mountain- not at the top or bottom, where cell service is good. Is that correct?
    There are drop spots all over the mountain, weak service in and out, up and down the mountain, top and bottom, respectively. This is from personal experience with Sprint and Verizon.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happy409 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Janeumayer View Post
    “Headed down...call say little.”

Another interpretation of this could be: Say little cause my cell phone is tapped?

Which gives me hope because she could have ditched the phone.
    Since she felt she was being followed, I have some hope that she did indeed toss the phone. The phone did not leave the mountain area and I have an image in my mind of Gail tossing it out the window as she left the area. She is smart lady and I would assume she is tech savvy at least to the point that she would know that a cell phone could be used to trace her whereabouts by whomever was following her. So thinking she tossed it is one of a couple reasonable conclusions.
    If Gail was truly in fear for her life, perhaps threatened in one way or another,perhaps disappearing was her only option for now.

Another thought I had was if she were threatened by Matt and they made arrangements to meet at the house to exchange the kids, then dropping them off and not sticking around to be confronted by Matt is reasonable.
    IOW, if she knew he was going to be there, which according to Matt she did, and if she felt threatened by him, which according to friends she was, then of course she would take off becauase she knew he would be there any minute.

Since she has not been contacting friends, perhaps she does not want to put them in the position of keeping her secret. PLus a single phone call to anyone would reveal at least one location she has been to.

of course all this is based on the assumption that gail is gone intentionally. I am not saying gone of her own free will, but gone because she was compelled to do so. Her friends say she would not leave her kids and I believe that. So, if she did leave her kids and leave town, she had to.

Again, the preceding is based on the assumption she is in hiding and I know there are plenty of counters to everything i posted that support that she has been harmed and worse.

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
    VERY interesting, thanks TheDoormouse!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthy1 View Post
    Thought you might like to read the interesting comment placed at the bottom of the article. I also, wasn't sure if this article had been posted on WS yet. So I thought I would share.
    Yes very interesting and potentially accurate.
    but as always please do not post anything specific to the gf here as she has not been named publicly and we have no idea if this information is true or not. Even if true,there is nothing to link her specifically to the disappearance of Gail so we should proceed with caution.
    Thanks all.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fireflylink View Post
    Also, here on the mountain most of these could be easily walked/searched. If the locals here could take a little time and visually check their property these areas could be expediantly cleared.

This statement is important and very true.

Also, getting guidance from Walden's Ridge Fire Department and Rescue would give insight on these areas, since they are familiar with the area with rescues and training off the bluffs, etc.
    Last edited by happy409; 05-21-2011 at 12:10 PM. Reason: to correct

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to happy409 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by happy409 View Post
    There are drop spots all over the mountain, weak service in and out, up and down the mountain, top and bottom, respectively. This is from personal experience with Sprint and Verizon.
    Okay- just want to clarify- so the service at the top (where Gail's residence was, for example) and at the bottom (where the shopping center is) are also spotty with both Verizon and Sprint?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Oriah View Post
    Okay- just want to clarify- so the service at the top (where Gail's residence was, for example) and at the bottom (where the shopping center is) are also spotty with both Verizon and Sprint?

Yes, I can say that for those two carriers, for the bottom and top of the mountain (and the ride in between). But, once you get to the Wal-Mart you do get steady service on both.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to happy409 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Since she felt she was being followed, I have some hope that she did indeed toss the phone. The phone did not leave the mountain area and I have an image in my mind of Gail tossing it out the window as she left the area. She is smart lady and I would assume she is tech savvy at least to the point that she would know that a cell phone could be used to trace her whereabouts by whomever was following her.
    Great thoughts and I believe you are right.
    There is basically one way out of her development and the W road would be the fastest route off the mountain. In and out cell phone service in between. Once at the bottom you would pass by the Walmart to get to the highway (27) headed toward Chattanooga to go North or South (I-75) or (I-24). The "ping" at Walmart two days later made me think it was thrown out there after (if she were to make a call with service heading to safety) before it ran out of battery possibly around the 2nd if fully charged, or someone finding it on the side of the road at Walmart on the 2nd, turned it back on.

All newer phones have GPS or Sprint has Locator, but I understand the phone does have to be on, so I would assume they have exhausted those resources, or by the time they began to use them, the phone's battery had died.

Just a thought!

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to happy409 For This Useful Post:

I don't think she would have tossed her phone, just taken the battery & card out.
    Did she give the license numbers she was writing down to anyone?
    She wasn't shy about calling LE before, why then, when she left the house?
    I'm thinking she was not alone when she left the house on Sat.

IMO

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Carrington For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Janeumayer View Post
    “Headed down...call say little.”

Another interpretation of this could be: Say little cause my cell phone is tapped?

Which gives me hope because she could have ditched the phone.
    In my opinion, this is the most logical of all possibilities I've read on the forum. I know the technology has been available for at least 10 years for even the lay person with no technical aptitude whatsoever, to tap landline calls. Even then the technology was also available to tap cell phone calls, although it was explained to me as somewhat complicated and maybe requiring some technical abilities.

I feel sure that with the technical advances that have happened in the last 10 years, the cell phone tapping capability is likely within reach of anybody interested enough to do it. I've never checked into it however.

I believe that anybody monitoring a person's whereabouts to the extent of having them followed, and with the funds to easily hire a PI for this purpose, would surely have tapped the phone. I think it should be assumed that no landline calls have been private for some time, and depending on available technology, neither would cell calls have been private.

As has been stated repeatedly, Gail is a smart enough woman to have eventually figured this out if it was happening.

Something else that has been on my mind since this case began is the remarkable similarities of this case to the Sam/Theresa Parker case, at least in terms of circumstances that led to it, the theories presented to explain it as the case progressed, and even the little details in the immediate timeline, such as the phone call to the sister being the last contact. Eerie. Non-locals may not realize how local this case was, since it was a Georgia case. It was right over the state line and received extensive local media coverage throughout. I've read some threads on this forum related to that case, which point to many of those similarities.

Even though that case began in 2007, it was back in local headlines this past September, 7 months before Gail's disappearance. My point is the question of whether recent coverage could have prompted any sinister thinking leading to a sort of copycat scenario, though hopefully with a better ending if it can be figured out more quickly.

Would details of that case give any clues that should be checked out in this case? Anything investigators could have learned from Sam's actions that could give a possible direction to search in this case? I don't know. If so, it would point more to woods than water, if I understand correctly.

This is an upsetting scenario that I've not been sure I should bring up, but we're so many days down the pike now, I thought I should say it. If mods think best deleted, I understand. Tough judgment call for me, anyway.

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Pearl* For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Carrington View Post
    I don't think she would have tossed her phone, just taken the battery & card out.
    Did she give the license numbers she was writing down to anyone?
    She wasn't shy about calling LE before, why then, when she left the house?
    I'm thinking she was not alone when she left the house on Sat.

IMO
    My cells phones don't have cards, except for storage of music/pictures, and I have to think the 'ping' at Walmart means something.

I would hope those having information on the license numbers would have given that to LE.

As to not calling LE. Maybe she thought LE was on Matt's side, believing him saying she was paranoid, just giving her safe numbers, thinking nothing would come of it. It happens too much.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to happy409 For This Useful Post:

Page 18 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast