Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3

Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    Gail is getting a lot of media attention. The last 24 hrs:

Listen to the video which has info about Arlene rec'g a letter from Matt.....unreal.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14698557

gail palmgren - Google Search
    I just watched both Callie Starnes reports but heard nothing about a letter Arlene received fro Matt. Is it a different news feed?

Quote Originally Posted by sophieness View Post
    A couple people downright called him an alcoholic...although he was clearly functioning enough to have a decent job...may have been ok back in the sixties to have a couple drinks before getting off work but not today if anyone suspects it...maybe "a true friend" can chip in here...they were people on comment sections of articles who said they knew Gail...

There were many of those comments and they all seemed to have been deleted. Just a gut feeling something may break soon, there is too much talk about how MP really was, coming out each day.

But all rumor and hearsay so cannot post, but hopefully LE is taking notes.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to happy409 For This Useful Post:

I'm more and more surprised by Matt. I have been giving him way too much credit (and what little he has gotten from me has been sparse). These new revelations, the letters, are seriously dumb at this point. But I can see he never dreamed she may really have some proof to back up her fears. I think he is REALLY starting to panic. As well he should. He did not think things through. MY Opinion, of course.

My heart just breaks for these children and Gail's family. I hope she is found soon.

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to redfish For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthy1 View Post
    I just watched both Callie Starnes reports but heard nothing about a letter Arlene received fro Matt. Is it a different news feed?
    IT's the one that is 2.35 on the right

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14698557

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by glorias View Post
    Well, we are of course just speculating. My experience as a typist in an insurance company like Matt's is just my experience, not necessarily his or yours.
    Could be right. Maybe Gale typed all his papers for him. IDK.???

Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    Some addicts, whether their drug of choice is alcohol, cocaine, pills, etc. are very high functioning. Granted usually other characterics they can't hide during the day when indulging come thru. ie: Boss from "hello". Not saying that's the only excuse for one tho.

They were both doctorates in pharmacy...who would know best what mixes with what to be functioning during the day.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to happy409 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by glorias View Post
    We don't know. That Wetumpka Herald article had new information that didn't jibe with what we already knew, or what we thought we already knew. We had thought the last time Gail spoke with Diane was approximately 12:15, but the Wetumpka Heald article said 6:30 AM was the time of the last call, so now it's up in the air. However, I personally assume that Gail called Diane both at 6:30 AM before she left the lake house AND at approx 12:15 when she got back to TN.
    Perhaps IF there is contact with the family it can be sorted out and the Timeline then brought up to par with the actual events and times of cell phone calls. I think it would be important to know IF she spoke again a 2nd time to her sister that day before she disappeared.
    "The Greek word moira (μοῖρα) literally means a part or portion, and by extension one's portion in life or destiny.
    They controlled the metaphorical thread of life of every mortal from birth to death."

Wikipedia

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthy1 View Post
    Channel 3 has updated the video since I posted with the link. You need to go to the videos below the main one. The one on the right running 2:35 with the poster of GP saying "missing" is the one with the letter.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

The Search for Missing Tennessee Mother Intensifies in Elmore County

http://www.waka.com/news/7502-the-se...re-county.html

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chasing.halos For This Useful Post:

It's to the point, imo, none of this is making sense. I know we don't have all the clues available to LE, but why in the world would she pack up and leave AL after making plans with Arlene the next day and then not ever call her again?

I keep thinking of the sister mentioning they are finding things out about both Gail and Matt that they didn't know. (paraphrasing)

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chasing.halos View Post
    The Search for Missing Tennessee Mother Intensifies in Elmore County

http://www.waka.com/news/7502-the-se...re-county.html
    Stated ...Arlene arriving in SG tomorrow for 3 weeks. You go girl,,,

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

One way to get the word out across the state and surrounding states to be on the lookout for Gail's vehicle is to hit the truck stops and pass out flyers to all the truck drivers. Sometimes they can be your best eyes and ears.

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Snowbunny For This Useful Post:

FaceBook page 4 "BRING GAIL HOME NOW" now Tweets

The Facebook page(Bring Gail Home Now)that has been setup to assist in getting the word out about the missing status of Gail Nowacki Palmgren now is setup to "tweet" any news or up coming events etc with regard to Gail's missing status etc. Please make a note of the twitter address. You can setup your own free account on twitter for use with both pc's and smart-phones. Find them on twitter at :
    BringGailHomeNow@BRING_GAIL_HOME

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sleuthy1 For This Useful Post:

Just catching up after half a day away.

The letter from Matt about the DVR is really whack! I'm sort of shocked by that, actually!

It's interesting that this letter appeared just as the Hamilton County detectives were going to AL for a search of the house and the lake, as well as an air search with helicopters. That's amazing!

I wonder if he sent the PI down there to search the house before the cops got there?

The drinking on Matt's part is all speculation and rumor so far, and hasn't been reported by police or an anyone in the media.

The time zone thing:

Tennessee and New York are BOTH on EST. So there is no time difference in the calls between Gail and her sister.

Alabama is on CST, so there would be a one hour difference there.

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:

WRCB Video: Alabama Police Join Search Part One

Video Transcription (some is paraphrased, most is quoted verbatim)

Callie Starnes reporting: For the first time her story made local headlines in Wetumpka.

Arlene Durham, friend, says every store in Wetumpka has her picture now.

Sherriff Bill Franklin, Elmore County AL: "Anywhere between Tennessee and here where she stayed . . . along that route there's probably going to be BOLOs that are put out."

Arlene Durham: "This is her territory too, where she might feel comfortable if she did leave. She could be anywhere!"

Starnes: Signal Mt. and Hamilton County police are now looking to the Lake House for answers. Thursday, they searched the home. They won't say what or if clues were found, but Alabama authorities have been asked to keep an eye on the property.

Sherriff Franklin: "Anything odd. Anything unique. Anything that's changed."

Starnes: Officers have been advised to be on the lookout for Gail Palmgren, but Franklin says Tenn. authorities are staying tight-lipped about their investigation.

Sherriff Franklin: I'm sure they're going to hold close to the vest as far as what they're working on and what they're going to share with us."

Arlene Durham: I have to face reality, and the reality is the more she's gone and the more we don't find her vehicle, she's not alive. And that bothers me.

Callie Starnes: Investigators in both TN and AL say they are still treating this as a missing persons case. We have learned though from multiple sources that a helicopter crew and dive team will be combing parts of Hamilton County this week.
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Part Two Hightlights:

Callie Starnes: The weekend she went missing, the morning of April 30th, Gail abruptly packed up and returned to Tennessee, not calling to cancel plans with Durham.

Arlene Durham: "And I said, okay, and you could tell something was bothering her."

Starnes: Durham says she was helping Gail begin the divorce process and each week Gail would send her documents to hold on to. (Showing Arlene Durham holding documents).

Arlene Durham: "She knew if I had it, it was safe."

Starnes: Durham received a letter from Gail's husband, Matthew Palmgren, demanding that all items belonging to the family be returned and banning her from the Palmgren's lakefront property. She says she has also been asked not to "complicate" the search for Gail.

Letter from Matt Palmgren to Arlene Durham:

May 17 (date fuzzy on video) , 2011

RE: Return of Property
    Via: Hand Delivery
    Arlene: It is my understanding that you are in possession of a Security System DVR that you picked up from Best Buy in Pratville, AL, on May 2, 2011. This is my property. Please give this DVR Mike Mathis, who is the private investigator whom I have hired on my behalf. I have asked Mr. Mathis to deliver this letter to you.

Further, if you should have any other property that belongs to me or to Gail, please give the same to Mike Mathis as well.

Sincerely, Matthew Palmgren

Arlene Durham: "If anybody's missing, it doesn't matter who they are, the more people out there looking for her right away, the better chance you have of finding her."

Starnes: Police search efforts have now expanded into Alabama. Durham says she will continue looking for her friend but fears the worst.

It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

27. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:

Sorry to delurk suddenly, but I have a question about the phone calls.

If it's true Diane called Gail at the lake house at 6:30 am, do you think it's possible that the phone call itself was what got Gail and the kids up and out of the house by 7 am (in order to be back at SM by noon)? I wonder what that phone call was about?

ETA: if I called my sister (or she called me) at that ridiculous hour of the morning it would have to be important!

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pudd For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by happy409 View Post
    It's a 2 hour drive to Birmingham, could it take another 2 hours to go the rest of the way? It's all highway from Signal Mountain...seems it would take less time, but depends on how you drive I imagine.
    I really don't know. Mapquest shows it to be about.. 3 hrs 52 mins / 210.68 miles
    The post I made was really in regards to the time difference and what time she would have had to have left the lake house in order to arrive back on Signal Mtn by 12:00 noon..That is WHY I used the word "IF" concerning the 4 hour travel time..

"Alabama is one hour behind Signal Mtn so IF it is a four hour drive she would have had to have left Alabama around 7:00 am on the 30th in order to arrive home at noon"..JMHO
    "It's been clear from day one that the contradicting statements from the family members are not the truth," said Capt. Johnny Greenwood, spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.

JUSTICE HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED AND HIDDEN IN THE LAW

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emeralgem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pudd View Post
    Sorry to delurk suddenly, but I have a question about the phone calls.

If it's true Diane called Gail at the lake house at 6:30 am, do you think it's possible that the phone call itself was what got Gail and the kids up and out of the house by 7 am (in order to be back at SM by noon)? I wonder what that phone call was about?

ETA: if I called my sister (or she called me) at that ridiculous hour of the morning it would have to be important!
    I could be wrong but my understanding is it was Gail who called her sister (Diane) at 6:30 am on Saturday the 30th.
    "It's been clear from day one that the contradicting statements from the family members are not the truth," said Capt. Johnny Greenwood, spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.

JUSTICE HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED AND HIDDEN IN THE LAW

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emeralgem For This Useful Post:

New interesting comment posted on May 22nd at 2:07PM under this article.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2...an-uncomfirme/

35. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to cloudajo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Emeralgem View Post
    I really don't know. Mapquest shows it to be about.. 3 hrs 52 mins / 210.68 miles
    The post I made was really in regards to the time difference and what time she would have had to have left the lake house in order to arrive back on Signal Mtn by 12:00 noon..That is WHY I used the word "IF" concerning the 4 hour travel time..

"Alabama is one hour behind Signal Mtn so IF it is a four hour drive she would have had to have left Alabama around 7:00 am on the 30th in order to arrive home at noon"..JMHO
    Yes, I figure it might take longer than Mapquest says to drive that far with kids in the car. You have to factor in bathroom breaks and possibly breakfast at a drive-thru.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:

calliestarnes Callie Starnes

BREAKING: Water search for Gail Palmgren's Jeep Rubicon has begun at the foot of Signal Mtn.

39. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Shelby1 For This Useful Post:

Investigators close to case say there's a 50/50 chance Palmgren is alive. The key is finding her vehicle.

41. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Shelby1 For This Useful Post:

Boats using sonar to look for vehicles. #missingmom http://twitpic.com/51wzyr

43. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Shelby1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Eyes View Post
    So as far as the DVR goes, was this something that was just purchased? Or was this something that they owned that they took to Best Buy to have serviced?
    It was taken to Best Buy for servicing. AD has it in her posession now . . . and MP wants it back desperately (see the letter from MP that AD showed Callie Starnes on news yesterday). AD also has it in writing from GP not to give hard drive to anyone. Guilty conscience, MP? This seems to be more important than helping look for the mother of your children. IMHO.

Btw, ATRUEFRIEND is the one who can best attest to any allegations of a drinking problem.

WHERE IS GAIL MARIE?!?!?
    Last edited by MacGyver; 05-24-2011 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Clarification

45. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MacGyver For This Useful Post:

Search team will dive if they spot anything resembling a car. #missingmom http://twitpic.com/51x0hz

47. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Shelby1 For This Useful Post:

Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast