Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3

Quote Originally Posted by 10EC_Dad View Post
    I think the obvious answer is that if you make the call, you report the abuse.

Unless you live on Signal Mountain, they defuse situations, not drag off either party to jail. This is an affluent town for the most part; it causes more trouble/embarrassment for the SMPD to make an arrest over a domestic call then to have one party leave, which defuses the situation. JMHO

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to happy409 For This Useful Post:

The only answer I can think of regarding the cash hotel receipts.
    He wanted her to find them.

IMO

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carrington For This Useful Post:

Two different concepts.

You don't need a passport to take your life.

I must be confused then, because the post I quoted from you said nothing about suicide.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brittbritt40 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by brittbritt40 View Post
    I must be confused then, because the post I quoted from you said nothing about suicide.
    You are correct.

Why did she have a friend hold her passport if she was not going to use it?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 10EC_Dad For This Useful Post:

SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Hi SO. he did state meds she has prescriptions for in his filing. but that tells us pretty much nothing.

I have a prescription med for my RLS, but it is actually prescribed for Parkinsons but I don't take it, anyway LOL. So, if my dh told anyone what drug I had a prescription for it would be deduced that I am medicated for Parkinsons.

When in fact I don't have it nor do I take any prescriptions at all!
    That's the perfect example of knowing specific meds doesn't really tell us anything and certainly doesn't indicate instability..

IMO MP is grasping at anything to paint a negative outlook on Gail.. Meanwhile she's God knows where not only not able to prove many of them are BS but most importantly not able to be there for her two young children thru this public battle their father is waging.. But against who? Gails not even here to battle against yet he still feels the need to put her in a negative light ..

That speaks volumes to me and it cause me grave concern about Gails well being.. Sadly IMO I believe MP is quite possibly the only person who may know truly where Gail is.. Of course jmo..

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SmoothOperator For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post
    That's the perfect example of knowing specific meds doesn't really tell us anything and certainly doesn't indicate instability..

IMO MP is grasping at anything to paint a negative outlook on Gail.. Meanwhile she's God knows where not only not able to prove many of them are BS but most importantly not able to be there for her two young children thru this public battle their father is waging.. But against who? Gails not even here to battle against yet he still feels the need to put her in a negative light ..

That speaks volumes to me and it cause me grave concern about Gails well being.. Sadly IMO I believe MP is quite possibly the only person who may know truly where Gail is.. Of course jmo..
    I don't see the attack. He stated something that would help put into perspective what might be going on with her. Meanwhile, her friends are making public attacks on him that do not help find her and only hurts their children.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 10EC_Dad For This Useful Post:

I have read most of the posts here and if this has been considered previously, I missed it and I apologize.

Has anyone considered that she really was being followed as she feared and she took the kids home to keep them safe? If someone was following her, she might have felt like the kids were in danger while they were with her in the car. Maybe she was afraid of being run off the road or shot at and she did not want the children with her if that happened....

Also, maybe that is why she left her identification and personal belongings at home. IF someone caught up with her or pulled her over, she would not have anything for them to get or anything for them to find out her identity.

Maybe she left the house to get the person who was following her away from the house to keep the kids safe....just something else to think about.

I really think she had the children's safety at the top of her list.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nannymo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nannymo View Post
    I have read most of the posts here and if this has been considered previously, I missed it and I apologize.

Has anyone considered that she really was being followed as she feared and she took the kids home to keep them safe? If someone was following her, she might have felt like the kids were in danger while they were with her in the car. Maybe she was afraid of being run off the road or shot at and she did not want the children with her if that happened....

Also, maybe that is why she left her identification and personal belongings at home. IF someone caught up with her or pulled her over, she would not have anything for them to get or anything for them to find out her identity.

Maybe she left the house to get the person who was following her away from the house to keep the kids safe....just something else to think about.

I really think she had the children's safety at the top of her list.
    But never call 911?

Excellent question. Of all things, why would someone want to give friends their passport and cash for safe keeping? What can that point to? Leaving the country perhaps? Did she have the kids passports held also? Was she taking them out of the country as well? Would Matt agree to that? Was she going to kidnap the children to another country? Was anyone going with them?
    And to you, sir, excellent questions!

A passport is an excellent form of ID. It is the only one you need (think of an I-9 form for employment; present a passport OR a DL AND SSN card). It is also a pain in the rear to get, since it is such a lengthy process dealing with the Fed Govt.

As far as leaving the country: she has been placed in the national missing persons database so she would not be able to cross the border into Canada (or Mexico) or fly anywhere outside the US without being flagged. Also, she could not take the children without MP's approval, e.g. a notarized letter of approval. Canada keeps coming up because she is from Buffalo--it's like our second home. But again, she would never get across the border.

Cash? If MP was changing the PIN numbers on accounts (according to ATRUEFRIEND) or perhaps anticipating a messy divorce, she was afraid of not having access to cash--especially without a job?

Hope this helps a bit . . .

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MacGyver For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoormouse View Post
    .....One half sees a stressed, depressed woman on the verge of losing her family and marriage.

The other half sees an educated,professional, organized woman who was scared of something, and was methodical enough to put pieces of evidence out there for people to put together.

As far as people close to the case, the only person saying she's the first one is Matt...
    Another thing about Gail's mental state, which may not mean anything, but if you are a mom, you know what it's like to get both/all your kids ready for 2 different overnight trips without them forgetting anything, and how hectic and stressful that can be.
    A few weeks before She went missing, Gail managed to do this whilst under the added stress her marriage was causing her...and also apparently her deteriorating mental condition....
    AND she also took time to consider the possible conditions on one of the trips, and then to think not just of her own child, but of all the other kids, and went to the trouble of finding and providing some just-in-case equipment for them, without which all would have been absolutely miserable.

Just an example of the kind of person she is...and how lucid her thoughts were around this time-frame of personal troubles.

19. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to fbx For This Useful Post:

But never call 911?
    Maybe she felt she couldn't trust the police? Or call 911 and tell them someone is following you?

You make a good point tho...she called 911 for everything else, why not call them for this?

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nannymo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Emeralgem View Post
    I'm a local.. And from what I have gleaned, as of late, I personally believe he was both emotionally and physically abusive. And IMO.. He may very well want people to believe she is/was unstable and has taken her own life but I'm not buying it, and I don't believe authorities are either...JMHO
    One of my colleagues is from Chattanooga and her father lives on SM. He has told her on the Mountain, they think MP is strange and there is something not right about him.

I've known him 15 years and always thought he was a great guy--he has even been a guest in my home on multiple occasions. However, as many of us have stated, no one knows what goes on behind closed doors.

One question . . . there are many of us on GP's side who talk about the Gail we know. Am I the only one who finds it strange that no one has said anything positive in the media about MP? Even before he lawyered up?

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MacGyver For This Useful Post:

Here are my thoughts on the suicide theory. For my thinking I am assuming a few things.
    1) As no one has come forward, no one knew Gail was going to kill herself.
    2) everything reportedly done by Gail on and after April 30th was done by Gail.

Theory one: Gail killed herself on April 30th
    1) Why would she file an official change of address and then kill herself? Unless that change of address says "Heaven" on it.
    2) Why did she distribute things to friends to keep safe? Specifically passports and security DVR. Those aren't really sentimental items.
    3) Where did she do it? Why so hard to find? I could see not wanting to get caught, but it sounds like there are enough places to kill yourself and not get caught, but that would have been discovered by now.
    4) What's the deal with the cell phone ping? The way it's been reported implies to me that either their was only one ping since the 30th, and that was on the 2nd, or that it had moved since the 30th. How do you move it if you are dead? Or how do you turn it off and then on again?

Theory two: She killed herself April 2nd (I pick April 2nd because of the last cell ping)
    1,2, and 3 from previous theory still apply.
    4) Where was she from March 30th to April 2nd?
    Twinkle Twinkle
    little bat
    how I wonder
    where you're at...

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDoormouse For This Useful Post:

I think we must consider Matt's remarks that she has left before. Her recent actions do give some validity to his assertion that she has had emotional issues.

I think she was a very stressed and confused woman. It seems her life was unraveling. She felt he was having an affair and she was alone. He had a job and she lost hers. Was she concerned that should lose the kids in a divorce?

I hope she will be found safe but I fear otherwise.
    Loosing her job is really a non-issue...Gail was enjoying being a full time mom 100%. Loving it. The whole dept. was affected since after restructuring it didn't exist. This lay off was not a performance based issue and looking for another job was something she laughed at the thought of several times in my hearing.

wondering why would you say, "...and she was alone" ?

27. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to fbx For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    And to you, sir, excellent questions!

A passport is an excellent form of ID. It is the only one you need (think of an I-9 form for employment; present a passport OR a DL AND SSN card). It is also a pain in the rear to get, since it is such a lengthy process dealing with the Fed Govt.

As far as leaving the country: she has been placed in the national missing persons database so she would not be able to cross the border into Canada (or Mexico) or fly anywhere outside the US without being flagged. Also, she could not take the children without MP's approval, e.g. a notarized letter of approval. Canada keeps coming up because she is from Buffalo--it's like our second home. But again, she would never get across the border.

Cash? If MP was changing the PIN numbers on accounts (according to ATRUEFRIEND) or perhaps anticipating a messy divorce, she was afraid of not having access to cash--especially without a job?

Hope this helps a bit . . .
    Ah very good.

So let me see, don't take any forms of ID with me but leave some at home and some with a friend. Don't take cash with me but leave with a friend. Something just doesn't add up does it.

It seems like she was acting very irrational. Very good points.

BTW my wife and I share a bank account and each have a debit card with our own PIN.

But never call 911?
    Didn't have time?

Quote Originally Posted by fbx View Post
    Another thing about Gail's mental state, which may not mean anything, but if you are a mom, you know what it's like to get both/all your kids ready for 2 different overnight trips without them forgetting anything, and how hectic and stressful that can be.
    A few weeks before She went missing, Gail managed to do this whilst under the added stress her marriage was causing her...and also apparently her deteriorating mental condition....
    AND she also took time to consider the possible conditions on one of the trips, and then to think not just of her own child, but of all the other kids, and went to the trouble of finding and providing some just-in-case equipment for them, without which all would have been absolutely miserable.

Just an example of the kind of person she is...and how lucid her thoughts were around this time-frame of personal troubles.
    I forget, are you one of the people posting as someone who actually knows her?
    Twinkle Twinkle
    little bat
    how I wonder
    where you're at...

I think we must consider Matt's remarks that she has left before. Her recent actions do give some validity to his assertion that she has had emotional issues.

I think she was a very stressed and confused woman. It seems her life was unraveling. She felt he was having an affair and she was alone. He had a job and she lost hers. Was she concerned that should lose the kids in a divorce?

<modsnip> What man files for a separation from his wife while she goes missing, what man files for sole custody of his children while a wife goes missing or asks to take sole possession of the family residence let alone thinks he needs a restraining order from this said wife when you're implying there is no proof said abuse? Why would this husband need a restraining order in the first place? Just because Gail lost her job doesn't mean her husband is better than her. Have you seen the unemployment rate nationally lately. Millions are losing their jobs at no fault of their own. You're coming across as if it was Gail's fault she lost her job and do you know that to be fact? NO! I was a damn good wife and I waited on my husband hand and foot and in the end he admitted to everyone I was a good wife, but he found someone else that was more exciting than me which whom ended up being his 5th wife, but that didn't stop him from trying to have me knocked off, stalked, run off mountain roads, etc to get me out of the way. Hell no it didn't stop him and I wasn't a mental case either, but boy was I hurt that anyone that I once loved could stoop so low as to do this to me and my children. Read all the crimes commited that are discussed on these forums and then you have someone start stalking you and you tell me you wouldn't be nervous. Its only natural for Gail to be scared. <modsnip>
    Last edited by Snowbunny; 05-25-2011 at 12:59 AM. Reason: removed comments

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Snowbunny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fbx View Post
    Loosing her job is really a non-issue...Gail was enjoying being a full time mom 100%. Loving it. The whole dept. was affected since after restructuring it didn't exist. This lay off was not a performance based issue and looking for another job was something she laughed at the thought of several times in my hearing.

wondering why would you say, "...and she was alone" ?
    For a professional, losing a job is a big issue. If she wanted to be a full time mom she could have quit her job.

Did she have another relationship with a man?
    Last edited by Salem; 05-25-2011 at 11:59 AM.

But never call 911?
    That is a very, very valid point on the idea of a situation where she felt she was in imminent danger.

However, I don't think we have proof her cell phone definitely was with her. All we have is the cell phone ping that makes me think "Probably" and then the credit cards and license left at home that makes me think "Maybe not".
    Twinkle Twinkle
    little bat
    how I wonder
    where you're at...

35. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDoormouse For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    What makes me even more sad--and mad--is that there was absolutely no search until last Saturday--3 weeks later!!! If she did have an accident on those curvy backcountry roads, she could have needed help and it never came.

Please help us find Gail Marie!!!
    Yes. That's the absolute worst part. Nightmares about having driven past her when she most needed help, are keeping sleep at bay most nights since. Then waking up with the anger attached to the why-no-looking ,finishes off the rest of the night...

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fbx For This Useful Post:

I am not dissagreeing with you but I would like to see a link where LE has found him in a contridiction.
    Dad, I don't think you will find much to quote by Matthew. He doesn't have a lot to say. Therefore not much in the way of contradiction. Matter of fact he does not respond to even defend himself against the many accusations. Rumor is rampant. And yes it is acknowledged here that it is rumor. His lack of action and the little action he has made only makes him more suspicious.

I don't think that you have ever experienced abuse of any kind! Lucky you. A lot of us here have been in abusive situations. They are not all alike and often for reasons that are really really hard to explain many victims hide the abuse. Many of us go to great lengths to protect our abusers sometimes. It is not something you are real proud of later when you come to your senses or are forced to face reality. Most of the time the abused really love their abusers (or think they do) and are afraid they will lose them. What does this have to do with Gail or this case? When one has experienced this 1st hand, they tend to recognize certain signs. This case has it written all over it in my opinion. We could be wrong and most on this thread have all admitted this, but things do not look good for Gail. And the evidence when you read all the way from front to back point more and more to this. Point out something to give me hope that I am wrong. Please.

39. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to redfish For This Useful Post:

She would be concerned if he was driving her crazy, making her think things were in fact different than they actually were. Sounds controlling and manipulative and happens every day. Setting up this scenario of her mental instability IMHO could work if over a period, but I do not think it was about custody. This would fit into the 'driving away upset and unsure what to think anymore' accident scenario for GP.

I think the helicopter fly-over of Life force may give some answers, if not, the woods are in full spring/summer foliage, it is hot and not safe in many areas.

41. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to happy409 For This Useful Post:

I think we need to be really careful about how we judge Matt based on his press appearance and what he's said to the media. There is no right way to act in this situation, especially when the missing is someone you're trying to divorce anyways.

I think we need to look at his actions more.
    Twinkle Twinkle
    little bat
    how I wonder
    where you're at...

43. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TheDoormouse For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoormouse View Post
    That is a very, very valid point on the idea of a situation where she felt she was in imminent danger.

However, I don't think we have proof her cell phone definitely was with her. All we have is the cell phone ping that makes me think "Probably" and then the credit cards and license left at home that makes me think "Maybe not".
    But didn't she stop at the house?

Didn't a neighbor see her leave the house? Did the neighbor see another car? From accounts here, she is smart. Why leave the kids alone? Why not alert the neighbor?

Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast