Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Not sure if this angle has been mentioned. I became a bit distracted with the Camden Hughes case and now I need to get away from it for a bit as it was (is) killing me.....

Has there been any mention of searching old wells on private properties or any caves in the surrounding area? What about basements? I know a lot of homes have basements on the east coast, not sure about Tennessee. I figure it is a small enough town, that maybe not everyone has one, so maybe searching homes (even non-occupied homes) might be a good idea. Just thinking again....

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GypsyPrincess For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyPrincess View Post
    Not sure if this angle has been mentioned. I became a bit distracted with the Camden Hughes case and now I need to get away from it for a bit as it was (is) killing me.....

Has there been any mention of searching old wells on private properties or any caves in the surrounding area? What about basements? I know a lot of homes have basements on the east coast, not sure about Tennessee. I figure it is a small enough town, that maybe not everyone has one, so maybe searching homes (even non-occupied homes) might be a good idea. Just thinking again....
    Good thought, GypsyPrincess.

Are there any MSM reports that indicate that LE went door to door immediately following Holly's abduction? Were they denied access by anyone in particular? Were there any residents that seemed uncomfortable with having their homes looked at briefly?
    As you said- it's a small town....are there any rumors floating around in town? What do Holly's friends have to say?

Some people in TN have basements and crawlspaces, some don't. I'm in the mountain area to the east, so it's common since the ground isn't level. The area around where the Bobo's live is more flat and swampy, so perhaps not.

Still, they would have to have a good reason to search every basement in town, like a phone call saying, "Help, I'm in a basement."

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtFox View Post
    Some people in TN have basements and crawlspaces, some don't. I'm in the mountain area to the east, so it's common since the ground isn't level. The area around where the Bobo's live is more flat and swampy, so perhaps not.

Still, they would have to have a good reason to search every basement in town, like a phone call saying, "Help, I'm in a basement."
    True, but why would anyone deny them unless they had something to hide. Also, what about thermal vision helicopters or cars? Maybe I am just being to silly.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GypsyPrincess For This Useful Post:

SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    Re: the use of thermal vision helicopters.. No you're not being silly these IMO are very good and relevant thoughts.. If I'm not mistaken within the very first 24 hours of Holly having gone missing they had use of and searched throughout that first night with the thermal vision helicopters.. Unfortunately to no avail..

I do have what is probably a silly question regard the same subject of thermal vision helicopters.. I am not familiar with how rapidly the body cools after one dies, nor am I familiar with what range of degrees that the thermal vision can detect.. So my question would be approximately how long after the time of death would a body be still maintaining a temperature that would/could be detected by this thermal vision???

Would it be for several hours or would the amount of time be much shorter for the body's temperature to drop to a temp that would no longer be detectable?
    TIA to anyone who knows...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SmoothOperator For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post
    Re: the use of thermal vision helicopters.. No you're not being silly these IMO are very good and relevant thoughts.. If I'm not mistaken within the very first 24 hours of Holly having gone missing they had use of and searched throughout that first night with the thermal vision helicopters.. Unfortunately to no avail..

I do have what is probably a silly question regard the same subject of thermal vision helicopters.. I am not familiar with how rapidly the body cools after one dies, nor am I familiar with what range of degrees that the thermal vision can detect.. So my question would be approximately how long after the time of death would a body be still maintaining a temperature that would/could be detected by this thermal vision???

Would it be for several hours or would the amount of time be much shorter for the body's temperature to drop to a temp that would no longer be detectable?
    TIA to anyone who knows...
    Concerning this, I remember reading a quote (if I could find it now!) where searchers were commenting on how difficult it was for the thermal vision helicopters to pick up readings in dense woods.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

It appears that there are two mysteries, the investigation and the crime.
    Figuring out either will help to figure out the other. Unfortunately, I'm making
    headway on neither.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FXSTS For This Useful Post:

This case seems so strange to me. They want it kept in the media but no one not even family seem to want to talk about it.

True, but why would anyone deny them unless they had something to hide..
    I think America in general, but in particular the American South, holds dear the right to deny government authorities access to your private property absent compelling legal authority to the contrary (i.e., a court authorized search warrant). Tho that standard is being chipped away at by the U.S. Supreme Court (see recent Kentucky vs King which expands warrantless searches).

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thesaint For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 10EC_Dad View Post
    Hey, I can always be right if I never have to tell you the answer.

I agree with your theory about a car being nearby. I think he took her NE, away from the neighbors to the south.

What is your theory as to why you think the perp drove in circles distributing evidence?
    my opinions only, no facts here:

I understand your initial cynicism, but remember that I began my previous post with admissions of significant failed interpretations of some cases in my past. As another example of my past mistakes, I predicted in the 1980's that the Green River Killer was unmarried. The astute sleuth can detect that I am an honest man, humbled by experience and not a bombastic liar. But to argue for my present state of mind, watching the Tanya Rider case on "Disappeared" Season 2 I deduced 7 minutes into the episode that no crime had occurred and the woman had driven her vehicle off the road (I had never heard of this case before that time). In other words, I have learned from past mistakes and have increased my sleuthing skills over the decades.

The distribution of evidence in the Holly Bobo case is curious. It seems planted, not to taunt the police, but as some predictable and immature effort to mislead them or others. But in this 'most secretive case in my memory' even the so-called locations of discovered evidence comes into question. I can only work with what I have, and I reiterate- if I had two more pieces of factual evidence I could figure this thing out.

I believe you are right- why would a kidnapper drive south, towards town? The kidnapper would head north, away from a population center. Further, who in their right mind would be merrily disposing of evidence if the victim was still sitting beside them? Common sense, my friend. Here is a potential problem with the complete secrecy in this case- suppose the searchers found a significant item at location Z. If this was immediately and fully revealed to the public, some passerby might report that they saw this item earlier at time X, and time X might blow the case open.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Noatak For This Useful Post:

I am beginning to think this has something to do with the family. NOT that the family is involved in Holly's disappearance at all. But that the crime was committed due to something only known to the family and that LE does not want this to get out.

That's my mind-boggling thought for today.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

May 21st......tick....tick....tick.....

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    I am beginning to think this has something to do with the family. NOT that the family is involved in Holly's disappearance at all. But that the crime was committed due to something only known to the family and that LE does not want this to get out.

That crossed my mind. There is something about this case that is different...

And in a lot of cases you can sort of figure out what probably happened even if you don't have all the answers. Shelly Mook and Susan Powell come to mind. Those two are IMHO obviously domstic type issues. But here its hard to really figure out who all the players are and how they relate to each other.
    Lashelle

"Remember, They will never buy the cow if they can get the eggs for free! " ... Kelly Bundy

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Carla Lashelle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post

If anyone got stiffed on a loan, for example?

I see Will Nunley is posting again:

"More than 100 community members attend walk."

http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

Picture of the walk:

http://twitpic.com/show/large/50k2oa
    Last edited by OldSteve; 05-21-2011 at 12:37 PM. Reason: added qoutes

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OldSteve For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast