TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap
image_thumb
image_thumb

Thread #1 Thread #2

Thread #3 Thread #4

Thread #5 Thread #6

Thread #7 Thread #8

Thread #9 Thread #10

Thread #11 Thread #12

Thread #13 Thread #14

Thread #15 Thread #16

Thread #17 Thread #18

Thread #19 Thread #20

Thread #21 Thread #22

Thread #23

-RUMORS are not allowed and will be removed.
-It's fine to discuss the brother and anyone mentioned in the media and tied to this case. Its not ok to talk about him or anyone as a suspect or POI. No one has been named as such.
-If you are new to us here, please take a moment to review our Terms of Service and Rules, especially the piece regarding social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter):
Rules Etiquette & Information
STOP FLINGING MUD AT HOLLY'S FAMILY REGARDING THE T-SHIRTS! End of story.

Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Holly Bobo Map
Created by Hollye Thanks!

Some blog sites are not allowed to be linked to because of so many rumors being posted on them. Please pm a Mod if its not posted below to see if they are allowed.
The following blog sites are allowed to be linked to:
Case Signal (BeanE's site)
Val - The Hinky Meter
Amandareckonwth's case archive site - Crankycrankerson
Patty G's Video Library site
Please continue here!

Holly Bobo belongs to all of us. Let's renew our efforts. So many brains who post here on these threads. Patience, intelligence, and diligence required to help solve her disappearance.

I don't know what we can be doing. We've looked at various RSO's; LE says they are not focusing on anyone in particular including the one in jail now. We are not hearing any info re: pings, or anything else that can be mapped. There are no planned searches for anyone within dirving distance to take part in. We can't discuss anyone whose name has not come up in media and no names have come up. We aren't hearing from the family, learning more about Holly as a person, or about her routine.

So we are kind of at a loss, as far as I can tell. We can only post when there is something to say, it doesn't mean no one is thinking about her.

I am thinking of her everyday....several times a day.

Holly, please come home.

I don't know what we can be doing. We've looked at various RSO's; LE says they are not focusing on anyone in particular including the one in jail now. We are not hearing any info re: pings, or anything else that can be mapped. There are no planned searches for anyone within dirving distance to take part in. We can't discuss anyone whose name has not come up in media and no names have come up. We aren't hearing from the family, learning more about Holly as a person, or about her routine.

So we are kind of at a loss, as far as I can tell. We can only post when there is something to say, it doesn't mean no one is thinking about her.

It breaks my heart to read this. :(

So many loved ones out there who need answers and all of us would do anything to help them. :grouphug:

I hear you Clu.... I feel just the fact this thread exists gives a good edge to helping solve her disappearance.
I also feel that as dedicated as we are to finding her, LE is also. We have to have that faith. And I hope I didn't just blow the new thread lol.
Thinking positive here. I like King Arthur's mantra that 'Right is Might'.
Color me stupid or blind if you will but I am feeling positive.

Just checking in. Wishing there were some news on Holly. She's on my mind and in my heart, like so many others here.

Hope I didn't blow the margins. I have a program that resets pics for me so let me know if there's a problem. I just love that pic of Holly. <3

She is definitely an exceptionally beautiful girl. Just like Morgan Harrington.

I don't know what it is, but I keep hoping that whoever took her has kept her for himself like what happened with Elizabeth Smart. I don't always feel that way and don't really follow gut feelings, but in this case, I have more hope for that than usual.

:praying:

my opinions only, no facts here:

If the local and state reporters would be proactive, we would probably know more details about this case. Sitting around and waiting for something to come over the wire is NOT the same as investigative reporting. This case is crying out for a good bird-dogging investigative reporter.*

I have lived a long time and I am used to weekly updates from investigators on cases that may involve capital crime. If the veil of silence about the Holly Bobo investigation contributes to an arrest pretty soon, then everything will make sense to me. But if this case is still languishing many months from now and the public has been given no more information, I will throw up my hands to the heavens. I maintain (as in my other posts) that this case is eminently solvable and I believe there is a reason why the authorities are so quiet.*

For me it is simple, when I look at cases such as the Jamison family in Oklahoma or the McStay family in San Ysidro, I can more-or-less figure out what happened. These are not difficult cases to work out. But the Holly Bobo case irks me, because I have so little to work with.

I totally agree with your thoughts ^above^, Mr Noatak..*

Anyone here that happens to also follow the Hailey Dunn case in Colorado City, TX knows this exact feeling as well. Unfortunately CCity is very much lacking as well in the as you nicely phrased it, "bird-dogging investigative reporter" field. Many of us have voiced this repeatedly in our posts in Hailey's forum since way back at the end of January(approx. 1 month into Hailey's case)...

It seems to me the most likeliest of reasons is that we are talking about Tiny Town, USA in both of these cases and until either of these young girls literally vanished into thin air(both from their homes) I'd say there wasnt much need in either town for the type investigative journalist/reporter that we're talking about and tho neither Tiny Town is that far from the bright lights of a big city where there usually is no shortage of these type of take no BS type of reporters that live and breathe the cases they're following and reporting to us the public.. They certainly don't seem to be putting forth the effort to travel these short distances to these small towns and dig in their heels on these two frustrating and sad cases of two beautiful young girls with their entire lives literally ripped from them without warning...

But why?? As you stated I, too believe that if there were a really good and determined investigative reporter on Hollys case that it's quite likely that we would know more(and I want to reiterate that I am not wanting LE to release info/details that would hinder the case and therefor benefit the perp in the case).. But I know that there is definitely more that we "could" know without it negatively impacting in any way the investigation or the case that one day will be laid out before a jury to decide this monster's fate..

So, with all of that said(and reiterated) my question is why would out of the many Investigative reporters that are aplenty located on either side of Parsons(Nashville to the east and Memphis to the west)why would not any of these put In that small amount of extra effort to travel this short distance and cover this story(that IMO someone should be pleading to keep Holly's face out there especially in these two major cities that neighbor Parsons on either side).. She very easily could've been taken to either city or thru either of these cities.. Someone could have seen SOMETHING ON THAT WEDNESDAY MORNING OF APRIL 13th!!!!.. But the truth of the matter is *here we are over 1 month out and the vast majority of ppl do not even know that a Holly Bobo even exists. Sad to say but that is the truth of the matter.. Her name has already disappeared from any headlines here in one of those nearest big cities and at this point there extremely rarely is even a 2 sentence or 5 second news blurb about Holly... And the way things are going Holly Bobo will continue just getting a way distant and faint memory for those who first heard her story 1 month ago..

IMO Holly desperately needs to be kept in the news until her case is solved and I fear that the few of us here at WS that have closely followed since that breaking news of her disappearance will soon be the only ones who even still have Holly on their minds and in their prayers..

IMO that is just not good enough...

Posting via mobile so please excuse errors as there is not the same amount of control as I'd have posting from my laptop! Thanks! :)

I am not really sure what a reporter constantly calling LE or bashing LE is going to do to help this case.

I don't assume LE is not trying their best. This case has had much publicity, government support, and LE attention.

Sometimes it is better to stop badgering LE and let them do their job.

To SmoothOperator: I have been an amateur sleuth for more than 30 years. I examine the official evidence provided to the public and when I reach the point of identifying a suspect I shut up and wait until the case is solved. Then I check and see if my original call was correct. I have a good record, but do have some significant disasters, including the case many years ago where the perpetrator killed a girl then buried her ENTIRE CAR. I was soooo wrong about that case. Regarding Holly Bobo, if I had an answer from law enforcement to any two of the following questions I might be able to come up with a suspect (but I would never be so callous or presumptive as to tell anyone):

Who has taken polygraphs? (I do not need to know the results of the polygraphs)
Did the neighbor hear (beyond any reasonable doubt) a woman scream or is this rumor?
What was the 'second significant item' found?
Did the search dogs definitely show that Holly was not led into the woods west from the house?
Why did the police conduct a search at the intersection of 5 Forks and Swan Johnson Road?
Why did the police conduct a search north of Bible Hill (where the lunch bag or box was found)?
Why has the indentify of the 'second significant item' not been revealed to the public?
(and other questions that are too provocative to list on websleuths)

This is a big IF, but if the scanty information we have been provided is correct regarding witness accounts, timing, and physical evidence, I hypothesize that Holly was led NE or SE from the house to a waiting vehicle on or near Swan Johnson Road. From there the vehicle traveled north to the intersection of 5 Forks and Swan Johnson Road. Somewhere after that she is no longer in the vehicle and evidence is placed in various areas (I believe more items remain to be found) while traveling on a circuitous clockwise route around the general area of the crime.

Bye the bye, there is another possible reason why the police are not using public searches in the Holly Bobo case anymore, beyond any of the suggestions on the website. It is not a sinister reason, it is a very practical reason. Can anyone figure out what the reason might be?

I am not really sure what a reporter constantly calling LE or bashing LE is going to do to help this case.

I don't assume LE is not trying their best. This case has had much publicity, government support, and LE attention.

Sometimes it is better to stop badgering LE and let them do their job.

As for the last sentence I dont think it applies In this case.. I live in Tennessee and there is zero reporting on her so definitely don't believe there is any badgering going on of LE..

I hope and pray for Holly and for Hollys loved ones especially along with their entire community that has felt the affects of this personal violation taken place in the very place that most of us feel our absolute safest.. For this reason especially I hope and pray that LE Are miles ahead in this investigation and have a valid, important reason for their unusual silence, hush hush nature that has thus far been seen.

No one here on this board is alone nor in the minority when Posting about concerns about the unusual silence. It is being questioned by those with much more experience and education in this vein of the law and investigations as well as multiple families/parents of children who have walked in the very shoes along the very rough road that the Bobos are on presently..

It is odd and most likely will continue to be posted about and discussed..

Everyone wants one thing and that's Holly Bobo to be found.. No matter what tactic LE choose to take I will continue to pray that it be the tactic that will lead to Holly and those responsible for what has been done to her..

Whatever LE decision is on handling this investigation is irrelevant in my main plight for there to be continuing coverage in the media.. Keeping Holly's face along with other details IMO is imperative to keep in the media.. No matter what IMO THIS IS ALWAYS AN IMPORTANT FACTOR IN THESE CASES!!

May 20th........tick, tick, tick.......

As for the last sentence I dont think it applies In this case.. I live in Tennessee and there is zero reporting on her so definitely don't believe there is any badgering going on of LE..

I hope and pray for Holly and for Hollys loved ones especially along with their entire community that has felt the affects of this personal violation taken place in the very place that most of us feel our absolute safest.. For this reason especially I hope and pray that LE Are miles ahead in this investigation and have a valid, important reason for their unusual silence, hush hush nature that has thus far been seen.

No one here on this board is alone nor in the minority when Posting about concerns about the unusual silence. It is being questioned by those with much more experience and education in this vein of the law and investigations as well as multiple families/parents of children who have walked in the very shoes along the very rough road that the Bobos are on presently..

It is odd and most likely will continue to be posted about and discussed..

Everyone wants one thing and that's Holly Bobo to be found.. No matter what tactic LE choose to take I will continue to pray that it be the tactic that will lead to Holly and those responsible for what has been done to her..

Whatever LE decision is on handling this investigation is irrelevant in my main plight for there to be continuing coverage in the media.. Keeping Holly's face along with other details IMO is imperative to keep in the media.. No matter what IMO THIS IS ALWAYS AN IMPORTANT FACTOR IN THESE CASES!!

I respect your opinion about keeping her case public. Media coverage seems to be a common complaint on the board and is not unique to this case. I happen to disagree with the complaint in this case.

The Nashville stations report when there is something to report. There job is to report the news and not make the news. There is much more going on in our community, state, country, and world than this case. Not constantly reporting no new news on the case does not diminish the importance of finding Holly and bringing the perp to justice. Let LE do that job and report when there is news or a periodic update. I have seen that in the Nashville media.

I hope the media can report closure on this case soon.

To SmoothOperator: I have been an amateur sleuth for more than 30 years. I examine the official evidence provided to the public and when I reach the point of identifying a suspect I shut up and wait until the case is solved. Then I check and see if my original call was correct. I have a good record, but do have some significant disasters, including the case many years ago where the perpetrator killed a girl then buried her ENTIRE CAR. I was soooo wrong about that case. Regarding Holly Bobo, if I had an answer from law enforcement to any two of the following questions I might be able to come up with a suspect (but I would never be so callous or presumptive as to tell anyone):

Who has taken polygraphs? (I do not need to know the results of the polygraphs)
Did the neighbor hear (beyond any reasonable doubt) a woman scream or is this rumor?
What was the 'second significant item' found?
Did the search dogs definitely show that Holly was not led into the woods west from the house?
Why did the police conduct a search at the intersection of 5 Forks and Swan Johnson Road?
Why did the police conduct a search north of Bible Hill (where the lunch bag or box was found)?
Why has the indentify of the 'second significant item' not been revealed to the public?
(and other questions that are too provocative to list on websleuths)

This is a big IF, but if the scanty information we have been provided is correct regarding witness accounts, timing, and physical evidence, I hypothesize that Holly was led NE or SE from the house to a waiting vehicle on or near Swan Johnson Road. From there the vehicle traveled north to the intersection of 5 Forks and Swan Johnson Road. Somewhere after that she is no longer in the vehicle and evidence is placed in various areas (I believe more items remain to be found) while traveling on a circuitous clockwise route around the general area of the crime.

Bye the bye, there is another possible reason why the police are not using public searches in the Holly Bobo case anymore, beyond any of the suggestions on the website. It is not a sinister reason, it is a very practical reason. Can anyone figure out what the reason might be?

Hey, I can always be right if I never have to tell you the answer.

I agree with your theory about a car being nearby. I think he took her NE, away from the neighbors to the south.

What is your theory as to why you think the perp drove in circles distributing evidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member