GUILTY CA - Sophia Parker Pedreros, 2, Humbolt County, 20 May 2011

Knox

Reaction score
May 20 - 12:30 p.m. Missing 2½-year-old girl sought
Mother found walking naked near Coffee Creek

Sophie Parker PedrerosThe public's help is sought in locating a missing 2½-year-old girl from McKinleyville who may be in Trinity County.

The girl's name is Sophie Parker Pedreros, and she is described as a little over 3 feet tall with a light complexion and long, auburn hair.

At 9 a.m. today the Trinity County Sheriff's Department got a call from fire department personnel in Coffee Creek that a naked woman was seen walking southbound on Highway 3 above Coffee Creek, said Lynn Ward, information officer for the sheriff's department.

The woman matches the description of a female reported missing from Humboldt County at 6 a.m. this morning and reported to have her 2 ½-year-old daughter with her. But when the sheriff's department contacted the woman Sophie was not with her, Ward said.
http://www.trinityjournal.com/news/...0__1230_pm__Missing_2yearold_girl_sought.html

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/27968657/detail.html

http://www.redding.com/news/2011/may/20/search-missing-girl-2-mother-found-nude-trinity-co/

Deputies and search and rescue crews are searching for a missing 2 1/2-year-old Humboldt County girl whose mother was found walking this morning naked on the side of a Trinity County highway.

Officials say that at around 9 a.m. the mother, 30-year-old Claudia Pedreros of McKinleyville, was found walking south along the side of Highway 3 above Coffee Creek. Pedreros also goes by the last name of Parker.

The Hispanic woman matched the description of a woman whose family reported her and her daughter, Sophia Parker Pedreros, missing earlier in the morning out of the McKinleyville area, Trinity County sheriff’s spokeswoman Lynn Ward said.

The woman’s car, a silver Kia sedan with a license plate number of 6GKR186, was found parked at the Trinity River campground near Coffee Creek, officials said. Humboldt County sheriff’s Sgt. Wayne Hanson said deputies believed she was suffering from mental-health problems or was under the influence of narcotics.
http://www.redding.com/news/2011/may/20/search-missing-girl-2-mother-found-nude-trinity-co/

Someone created a missing page for Sophia

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-...from-McKinleyville-California/156880637710833

Does this not qualify for an Amber Alert?

What a beautiful child. Sending up prayers for her.

Trinity County sheriff’s deputies were focusing their search on a 10-mile stretch of Highway 3 where it appeared that contents of Pedreros’ car were tossed out.

Ward described the items as “miscellaneous children’s toys.”

Pedreros wasn’t injured, but she did have some minor scratches from falling down, Hanson said.

The woman was last seen in Willow Creek at 6 a.m., Ward said.

Ward said the woman would have had to have driven east on Highway 299 and north on Highway 3 to end up in Coffee Creek.

Ward said she hopes someone might have spotted the Kia along the route and that they could relay the details on to searchers.

The woman also reportedly used a debit card around 12:30 a.m. in McKinleyville, Ward said.
http://m.redding.com/news/2011/may/20/search-missing-girl-2-mother-found-nude-trinity-co/

SOPHIA PARKER, Age Now: 2, Missing: 05/20/2011. Missing From MCKINLEYVILLE, CA. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Humboldt County Sheriff's Office (California) 1-707-445-7251.

Circumstances: Sophia was last seen on May 20, 2011 at approximately 12:30 a.m.

More...

NCMC1172382c1.jpg

The mother Claudia says her two year old daughter, Sophie Parker Pedreros, is reported missing. Her daughter is described as having long Auburn hair and approximately three feet tall. No description as to what she was wearing at her time of disappearance because the mother does not remember having a daughter nor having the child in the vehicle with her.

Her silver Kia sedan was found close by at the Trinity River Campground. She did not have any paperwork with her in the vehicle but was able to communicate her name only to the deputy.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/27968657/detail.html

Prayers this little one is found safe.

May 20, 2011
Little girl missing

The missing girl.

Mother of missing girl.

Raw from the Sheriff’s Dept.:
On 05-20-2011 at about 0815 hours the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office took a report, regarding a missing female subject named Claudia Pedreros aka Parker age 30 from Yamaha Court, McKinleyville. Pedreros left her residence at about 0030 hours this morning with her 2- _ year old daughter; driving a 2008, silver Kia, sedan, California License number 6GKR186. Pedreros is 5-0, 140 pounds, brown eyes, black hair.

At about 0900 hours the Trinity County Sheriff’s Office located a female subject, walking naked on Highway 3, near Coffee Creek Road, which is near Trinity Lake. The female subject was identified by the Trinity County Sheriff’s Office as Claudia Pedreros. When Trinity County Deputies inquired with Pedreros status they discovered that she had either mental health issues or was under the influence of some type of narcotics.

http://mckinleyvillepress.wordpress.com/

Ok, so she used her credit card in McKinleyville, CA and then drove to Willow Creek. Hmmmmm. Funny how she remembered how to use a credit card and not remember having a daughter.

:praying: Praying she is found safe.

Oh dear God... I know that entire area very well. We lived there when I had children the same age as Sophie. Going to get this notification out to my friends still in the area. Praying little Sophie is ok!!!

Ok, so she used her credit card in McKinleyville, CA and then drove to Willow Creek. Hmmmmm. Funny how she remembered how to use a credit card and not remember having a daughter.

:praying: Praying she is found safe.

And how to throw things out of the car?

Deputies with the Trinity County Sheriff's Office did locate an approximately 10-mile area off Highway 3 where it appeared that contents of the vehicle were thrown out.
Disturbing story. Still I want to give her the benefit of the doubt, could someone have drugged her? She left her home in McKinleyville at 3:00AM, who saw her leave?

ETA: They found the dog in Willow Creek, but not the child.

I want to know who called in the missing persons report and why it was done only 8 hours after the mom left. I also would like to know if they are sure that Sophie was with the mom when she left. There is an 8 1/2 hour time gap in between when she left and when/where she was found. Maybe she dropped Sophie off with a friend? before leaving McKinleyville. I sure hope she did. :( My heart is breaking thinking of a child that age in that area alone!

Oh I didn't notice she threw out items from her car. In the article it says the items were described as “miscellaneous children’s toys.”

Whoever reported her missing, LE is not saying, but a report was taken at 0800am and the mom was found walking naked around 0900am.

But you are right, she could have been drugged. I forgot, my nephew had taken ambien, a sleeping pill, and was woken up by UPS at the door. My nephew then left the house, packing some of his stuff in his truck, taking his dog with him and got into a auto accident down the block.

http://m.redding.com/news/2011/may/20/search-missing-girl-2-mother-found-nude-trinity-co/

I want to know who called in the missing persons report and why it was done only 8 hours after the mom left. I also would like to know if they are sure that Sophie was with the mom when she left. There is an 8 1/2 hour time gap in between when she left and when/where she was found. Maybe she dropped Sophie off with a friend? before leaving McKinleyville. I sure hope she did. :( My heart is breaking thinking of a child that age in that area alone!

ITA, 8 1/2 hour gap ????

I don't even know where Humbolt County is?

Oh my....this story tears me up. Praying for Sophia....bless her, Lord, and protect her.

ITA, 8 1/2 hour gap ????

I don't even know where Humbolt County is?

Humboldt County is in very Northern California on the coast. Some of the bigger towns are Garberville in southern Humboldt, and Eureka, Arcata, Fortuna, and McKinleyville in the northern part. It is nicknamed "The Redwood Curtain" for how secluded the area is... and also "The Emerald Triangle" for the growth of marijuana in the area.

It is about a 45 minute drive from McKinleyville to Willow Creek where the mom was seen at 6AM. Did someone see Sophie at this time also? Mom was found three hours later at 9 AM near Trinity Lake which is about another hour, hour and a half drive up Highway 299. Highway 299 is a very windy, curvy 2 lane highway.

* going by memory on estimated drivetimes

Humboldt County is in very Northern California on the coast. Some of the bigger towns are Garberville in southern Humboldt, and Eureka, Arcata, Fortuna, and McKinleyville in the northern part. It is nicknamed "The Redwood Curtain" for how secluded the area is... and also "The Emerald Triangle" for the growth of marijuana in the area.

It is about a 45 minute drive from McKinleyville to Willow Creek where the mom was seen at 6AM. Did someone see Sophie at this time also? Mom was found three hours later at 9 AM near Trinity Lake which is about another hour, hour and a half drive up Highway 299. Highway 299 is a very windy, curvy 2 lane highway.

* going by memory on estimated drivetimes

Which makes the fact she may have been under the influence even more mysterious. How could she negotiate that road without an accident?

Like you, I wonder if LE should be looking in McKinleyville or even Willow Creek where the dog was found?

My in-laws live in Fort Jones/Etna area off Highway 3, so kind of familiar with that end of the valley up towards Weaverville.

Update: 5:00 p.m. Trinity County Sheriff's Dept. reports that the search for missing 2 ½-year-old Sophie Parker Pedreros continues this evening. CHP helicopters are searching from the air while search and rescue dogs are on the ground in an area of interest near Trinity Center. Humboldt County Sheriff’s officers are searching in the Willow Creek around an area where the mother was known to stop early this morning.
http://www.trinityjournal.com/news/2011-05-18/Front_Page/May_20__5_pm_Update__2yearold_girl_still_missing.htm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa
Back