2011.05.20 On a Scale of 1 to 10 How do you Feel About this Jury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Never4GetCaylee

Reaction score
I'm curious as to everyone's feelings about the seated jury as a whole. I was disappointed to lose the first guy that took forever and also disappointed in keeping the woman who can't judge people, but over all as a group best as I can tell at this point, I give the group selected a 6 1/2, wish it could have been an 8 or 9, but it is what is now. Hoping for a strong foreman.

I'd give it a 7...it has a good beat, but kind of hard to dance to.

LOL I am taken back to AF's scale ... and here I was thinking it was a distant memory lol

At this moment I am sitting on a 6, but I have to go through my copious notes and really mull over them before I give my final decision.

I am, afterall female, I have the God given gift to be able to change my mind in a heartbeat and I confess I use and abuse this gift :)

I found this interesting - we'll have to wait to see........

"There are two possibly positive jurors for Casey: the African-American woman who said she can't judge people, and the African-American man who said he is against the death penalty. Both said they could do what they had to, but prosecutors said they're worried she could hang the jury."

http://www.wftv.com/news/27970154/detail.html

........and with that in mind, I'm unsure what number I'd give them.

MOO

I'd give it a 7...it has a good beat, but kind of hard to dance to.

...I've got to agree Rapunzel - I'd give it a 7. I think we will see some attrition and see at least 1 of the alternates being installed as part of the "12"

I've got a good feeling about this jury, for the most part. I give them an 8.

I've got a good feeling about this jury, for the most part. I give them an 8.

That's probably a good number.....a '10' minus the two referred to in the article I linked. Again, however, it's hard to determine now when so much could change by the time the trial is over. :)

I would give them a 7 also. I don't think that they will have a problem convicting her, just not sure if they will give the DP. I am okay with that. In some ways I think It will be harder for her in the general population of the prison. Sure there will be some that will want to attach themselves to her because of who she is. Others will be out to get her. I have heard that in the prison system they don't take kindly to those who kill children. And after all it is KC she will make it harder on herself because she is a liar and user. JMO

I count six of 12 jurors as highly likely to vote for death.

That's probably a good number.....a '10' minus the two referred to in the article I linked. Again, however, it's hard to determine now when so much could change by the time the trial is over. :)

Oh, I totally agree. My answer was just a guess (and gut feeling) based on the limited info I have on the jurors. There's actually maybe 3 or 4 I'm worried about. Time will tell, I guess. JMO.

I'm giving them an 8. I think we have a good solid jury. I've listened to prolly 75% of the selections, and am pleased with the outcome. I thought there would be more strikes, and was quite suprised we ended up with 5 alternates. That's a good thing.

Once the evidence is heard (31 days, blah, blah, blah), there will be no doubt in their mind.

Just my opinion anyway.

Mel

Hey, they are warm, breathing bodies! :floorlaugh: At one point I was a bit doubtful that they could fill all 12 twelve chairs.

I am sure they will listen closely, take this very seriously, weigh the evidence, and vote honestly. Can't ask more than that.

I give them a 10, and my 'thank you kindly'. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes for all the tea in China and a pair of golden slippers.

I wish them LOL and this time, Mr Mason, it does mean 'lots of luck'. ;)

I would give them a 7 also. I don't think that they will have a problem convicting her, just not sure if they will give the DP. I am okay with that. In some ways I think It will be harder for her in the general population of the prison. Sure there will be some that will want to attach themselves to her because of who she is. Others will be out to get her. I have heard that in the prison system they don't take kindly to those who kill children. And after all it is KC she will make it harder on herself because she is a liar and user. JMO

I'm not going to give my number yet - I'm going to go back and re-listen to each Voire Dire for the jury panel this weekend and then let you know :)

I totally agree with you about LWOP vs DP. I would much rather have KC live a very long, miserable life in prison, thinking of the freedom she will never see again! The only death penalty that I would vote for is the Jeffrey Dahmer style!!:twocents:

I feel fairly confident this jury will convict her, but not very confident that this jury will opt for the death sentence.

I would be okay with LWOP. She's young and will spend the rest of her life in prison. It won't be easy for her because the other inmates won't like a woman who killed her child. She will know what's going on in the outside world through television and magazines, and regret she will never have the freedom to ever be part of life outside prison walls.

"There are two possibly positive jurors for Casey: the African-American woman who said she can't judge people, and the African-American man who said he is against the death penalty. Both said they could do what they had to, but prosecutors said they're worried she could hang the jury."

MOO

BBM :

The juror who said she "can't judge people" makes me "extremely nervous" -- and I cannot understand WHY the SA did not strike her -- I would have, even if I would have lost a strike.

The juror who said he is "against the death penalty" -- as long he "convicts" in the GUILT phase, it's okay with me if he chooses LWOP.

My biggest fear : a "hung jury" !

:praying: Hopefully, after this juror hears all the evidence, she will CONVICT !

So right now, I am giving it a 5.

:cow::cow::cow:

I also want to either listen again or read the summaries of the jurors before giving a number. Ohhhhh those scales again.

I do feel they will find her guilty, but think they will sentence her to LWOP.

I give them a 10 out of 10 as far as them convicting her. I give them a 5 out of 10 that she will get death. I bet it is a LWOP penalty and I am perfectly fine with that. She should have to spend every day remembering Caylee Marie. Every long day and she should get the privlage of being joined with the general prision population. The private room days should be over. Prison Jobs are not as easy as her fake universal job. I am looking forward to seeing KC get to work.

MOO

I think the judge may end up being sorry for making those two to remain. I think they are going to cause a hung jury- he acts all worried about time and money but it's gonna cost lots of both when she has to be re-tried because of the judges choice. I think he's in such a hurry to get on with this that he made bad choices.

BBM :

The juror who said she "can't judge people" makes me "extremely nervous" -- and I cannot understand WHY the SA did not strike her -- I would have, even if I would have lost a strike.

The juror who said he is "against the death penalty" -- as long he "convicts" in the GUILT phase, it's okay with me if he chooses LWOP.

My biggest fear : a "hung jury" !

:praying: Hopefully, after this juror hears all the evidence, she will CONVICT !

So right now, I am giving it a 5.

:cow::cow::cow:

Listen to the juror who said she could not judge again. I did and it made me feel more comfortable with her. I think she will convict. But I don't think we will get a DP vote from her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo