GUILTY TX - Shantaniqua Scott for trying to smother her baby, Fort Worth, 2010

She was incredibly nonchalant. Other than seeming a little annoyed, she didn't show an ounce of emotion. Not even fear that someone might walk in and catch her. Unbelievable!

she did it more than once! omg

I have to wonder what this mother's intent was. Was she trying to kill the child or was she trying to gain attention by the child being in more distress? I'm so relieved that this was caught. That God for video cameras in hospitals.

Just a note. The comments under the video are vile. Try to ignore them, please. Here's an article with more details. It does indeed sound like she just wanted the baby gone.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...tt_caught_on_tape_smothering_baby_with_h.html

Thank heaven the little guy is in a foster home, instead of dead.

Note: Steel yourself to read her attorney's argument.

Now that was nauseating. WHY don't these mothers, especially very young ones, explore adoption? There are so many wonderful people out there who would give a child fabulous, loving families.

OMG! Is it just me or does anyone else feel the hospital was complicit? They suspected the "mother" was abusing the child, installed video and she was still able to smother the child! WTH? That baby deserved to be protected 24/7

that is how hospitals catch Münchausen syndrome. Then they can say there is nothing edically wronng with the baby - just remove the mother.

notice the worker walked in so it didn't go to far

that is how hospitals catch Münchausen syndrome. Then they can say there is nothing edically wronng with the baby - just remove the mother.

With all due respect, 20 seconds plus 1 minute 14 seconds is 1 minute and 34 seconds of inhibited breathing. I can see setting the cameras up to catch her in the act if they already suspected that this is what was going on, but they had her after the first time, and the child was only subjected to 20 seconds of asphyxia. They then allowed the child to undergo another 1 minute and 14 seconds of this before they stopped it...If you ask me, it went way too far.

It didn't go far? He had to be resuscitated!!!

OMG this poor baby, I couldn't help but cry when I watched this! I wish I could gather up all the unwanted, abused, neglected children and keep them safe.

How terrible.

Who do you call after you've just smothered your baby?

she was just so nonchalant about it, at one point resting her own head on her hand, waiting for him to stop moving..........horrible!

Defense attorney David Jones argued Scott did not cause any serious injuries to her son.

"She had no business having a baby at her age," he told the courtroom. "But what were the injuries? You didn't hear of any injuries."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/05/20/2011-05-20_teen_mom_in_texas_shantaniqua_nykole_scott_caught_on_tape_smothering_baby_with_h.html

Oh my... Something tells me if David Jones Esq were smothered until he had to be resuscitated, he would feel differently...

Oh my... Something tells me if David Jones Esq were smothered until he had to be resuscitated, he would feel differently...

It's comments like this that always get me fantasizing about hoping in the car for a road trip...tracking him down & holding him down, smothering him just to see!

It went too far the baby was originally brought into the hospital not breathing. It went too far the baby stopped breathing again which is why the cameras were installed. It almost went too far a third time until a nurse walked in. It went too far a fourth time when the poor baby needed to be resucitated. The hospital states without those measures the baby would have died.

Throw mom in the slammer and throw the key away.

It's quite clear to me that this isn't a case of MBP. I truly think this young woman had been gearing up to murder. I think that each time, she increased the length of time of the suffocation. Yes, the cameras are there to catch MBP and other forms of abuse but I can't imagine the nurses allowing this abuse to increase to this level of severity. If they were truly on the ball, a nurse or security guard would have been stationed at the door ready to burst in upon a signal from whomever was watching the camera. Who knows how many times this has been repeated. Poor little guy.

I, too, wish the mother would have considered birth control, exercising her right to terminate her pregnancy or adoption if she didn't want her child. The statement by the attorney is way out of line. Millions of wonderful and caring mothers are 18 at their children's birth. Heck, I was 19. I don't know what he means when he says she "had no business" having the child. Was she raped and prevented from making a choice? Those comments are a slap in the face for young mothers who love and protect their babies.

The sad reality is there are NOT families waiting to adopt children of color. How I wish. We currently have 400,000 waiting children in the US who have a plan of adoption. Sadly black males wait the longest. Very sad but true.

With all due respect, 20 seconds plus 1 minute 14 seconds is 1 minute and 34 seconds of inhibited breathing. I can see setting the cameras up to catch her in the act if they already suspected that this is what was going on, but they had her after the first time, and the child was only subjected to 20 seconds of asphyxia. They then allowed the child to undergo another 1 minute and 14 seconds of this before they stopped it...If you ask me, it went way too far.

I am guessing they were not monitoring the cameras at real time. Probably viewed it later after it had already happened.

Yes.. they were recording it. I doubt it was real time. They had no evidence, just a hunch. Heck, they actually operated on this child when there was probably nothing wrong with it but they didnt know that until they saw her in action for sure.

This chick is truly scary, I dont care her age. She actually looked BORED while smothering her own child. Like she was propping herself up on the bed rail and thinking, "Die already."

Glad to see this child was revived and made it and this monster will be in jail and hopefully wont be having anymore children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back