Where Will The State Start?

azwriter

Sister Mary Wanna
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Tuesday, after we have heard first from the prosecution and then are busy picking our jaw up off the floor after the Defense's opening statement - just who will be the first witness called by the State?

I don't think it will be Cindy or George.

I would think that Cindy would be the first witness called seeing as how she is the first person who started this ball rolling. That 911 call is the beginning of the case. I am really hoping she is the first one called after opening statements. I have cleared my day tomorrow and simply cannot miss her on the stand!

Oooooo! What a great topic for a thread! I agree it won't be CA or GA. I'm thinking someone in LE, also. Maybe one of the first officers that arrived at the Anthony's after the 911 call or maybe Yuri (or maybe I just WANT to see Yuri!). Seriously, Yuri is a great witness, has lots of experience with the DT's "tactics" and it would be a way to introduce the "information" KC provided off the bat (maybe the 911 operator would be a better place to start with this.)

I'm curious to see what others think (plus I just want to talk about tomorrow!) I can't stop thinking about it....

One of the detectives.

I agree. I think Yuri Melich or John Allen. Either of them will state how she didn't behave like a mother who lost her child. One of them stated how she spoke in a monotone voice and laughed sometimes I believe when questioning her. That will also set the stage for many of the important lies she told which didn't help them at all in their investigation. They will state after disproving her lies and giving her chances to correct her statements, she still maintained the same story.

Amy H.? Tony L.? Seems like after opening statements they'd go to the 31 days via the day the whole thing was found out. I'd bet Amy. jmo

I'm thinking they may put Yuri Melich on the stand, first... but I'm not sure.

The 9-1-1 calls, possibly starting with Cindy, or if the prosecution doesn't quite want to go there yet with Mommie Dearest, the 9-1-1 operator(s) so the calls can be played. I'd start with the operator(s).

Perhaps the 911 operator or one of the officers that was first to the Anthony residence after the 911 calls were placed.

I'm just glad we are finally less than twenty four hours away from justice for poor sweet little Caylee.

The 9-1-1 calls, possibly starting with Cindy, or if the prosecution doesn't quite want to go there yet with Mommie Dearest, the 9-1-1 operator(s) so the calls can be played. I'd start with the operator(s).

I agree. I think starting by playing the 911 calls will be very effective for the jury to hear. This is how the case started and I think the SA should tell the story as they go along too.

I think the SA's opening statement is going to be very well thought out and spot on. :skip:

I can't wait until tomorrow AM. :waiting: I'm having withdrawals from not being able to watch anything today!!

If they start with Cindy then I'm guessing they will play the 911 recording and hearing her say that the trunk smelled like there was a dead body in there?????

I would hope they wouldn't start with CA as their first witness. We all know how much she lies, like mother like daughter, and I'd hate to see the jurors confused after her "mistruths" and talking in circles. I think it would be smart to start with the 911 calls, followed by the first responding investigator.

I think the tow truck guy first because thats actually when all this started then the 911 operator, then the detectives, I think that Cindy and George will be after they lay the foundation as to what started all this that way they can continue on and lead into all the lies and cover up I think maybe even AH and TL and her friends will possably come before CA and GA.

I think they would start with Yuri as well. Establish the "official" LE take on the whole thing, then put other witnesses up on the stand to substantiate what Yuri has talked about.

I agree. I think starting by playing the 911 calls will be very effective for the jury to hear. This is how the case started and I think the SA should tell the story as they go along too.

I think the SA's opening statement is going to be very well thought out and spot on. :skip:

I can't wait until tomorrow AM. :waiting: I'm having withdrawals from not being able to watch anything today!!

Hope the state nails it. Cindy will be such a wild card, possibly hostile, possibly dishonest, so that I'd play every tape of her I could before I actually brought her to the stand.

I think the tow truck guy first because thats actually when all this started then the 911 operator, then the detectives, I think that Cindy and George will be after they lay the foundation as to what started all this that way they can continue on and lead into all the lies and cover up I think maybe even AH and TL and her friends will possably come before CA and GA.

:rocker: I like your idea and the order of witnesses.

I think it would be good to present the case in a "chronological order" so it will not confuse the jury ... keep it simple and straightfoward.

I would hope they wouldn't start with CA as their first witness. We all know how much she lies, like mother like daughter, and I'd hate to see the jurors confused after her "mistruths" and talking in circles. I think it would be smart to start with the 911 calls, followed by the first responding investigator.

I agree with this completely.

These are seasoned prosecutors. They will start off with their strongest witness--the 911 operator and the 911 call.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back