Length of Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

shgrbkr

Reaction score
For the most part, I've heard 2 months bandied about the most. I, for one, believe the trial is going to take longer than that. I'm figuring 10-12 weeks. Thoughts anyone?

hhjp says 6-8

either way it needs to be done with.. and she needs to be filed away out of society.

so however long it takes I am down with that.

((((jury we just seated: please be smart, discerning, and able to see truth)))))))))

I agree. There is a mountain of evidence to get through and I thoroughly expect to DT to stall at every opportunity. I was a bit surprised when HHJP was guaranteeing a couple of the PJs that they would be finished by July 4th and 14th, IIRC.

Normally I would say no way, it's got to take a lot longer than that. But the judge reined them in on jury selection and he knows better than me.

I still think it will be less than 6-8 weeks. The prosecution estimated 3 - 4 weeks for thier case.

The defense at the time said the same to present their case. Thus the 6 - 8 week estimate.

So, I am expecting NO defense case... a la Scott Peterson... Geragos rested and presented zero case after all was said and done.

Therefore, I am expecting this case to last 5 -6 weeks max.

JMO

If the DT wasn't so incompetent at questioning witnesses and if JP didn't spend so much time teaching them how to practice law, I would say 6 weeks. But if JP doesn't reign in the DT, it could take much longer than 8 weeks.

I think HHBP knows the defense isn't going to be terribly complicated... I'm going with the outer figure of 8 weeks. :)

IMO, nothing has gone as planned.
I am very afraid that trouble will brew.
To me ICA own family CA, LA, GA will do something to interupt
the trial.........just my own feeling.
Hoping it is over quick, but dreadding that it will be longer than we think.
Prayers to jurors and HHJP.

More now than before, I think 10 weeks minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine