Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: George's testimony at trial

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    Baez questions GA about not knowing KC was pregnant at the wedding. That really is weird that they wouldn't know, I'm sure we all would agree.
    We all have agreed that the denial or refusal to see what was apparent to all of us is odd behavior. What was weird to me today was not GA's testimony about it though as at least it remained consistent with previous statements. What was bizarre to me was how much time JB spend grilling him and ostracizing GA about that subject. And yet never asks the one question his own opening statement begged! That told me volumes.

I think George kept his composure very well.
    Five years ago I wandered in here because of a google search on Haleigh Cummings. "Welcome," folks said "look around a bit, sit a spell." It wasn't long before I found Caylee's threads. It was just that simple.

If you are new to the site allow me to say, "welcome. Look around a bit, sit a spell."

Quote Originally Posted by helenann2k View Post
    I've lurked for years, literally, but finally decided to open my mouth. This has been bothering me all evening. I felt GA was lying when he said Cayle replied "To Zanny's." If the DT now admits there was no Zanny, then GA just helped them out by discrediting his own honesty. Makes my head spin.
    Welcome! Glad to hear your thoughts on the matter!
    Five years ago I wandered in here because of a google search on Haleigh Cummings. "Welcome," folks said "look around a bit, sit a spell." It wasn't long before I found Caylee's threads. It was just that simple.

If you are new to the site allow me to say, "welcome. Look around a bit, sit a spell."

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Baez is asking if GA told the FBI that he wasn't sure that KC worked for the last two years. GA admits he did. Seems like Baez is trying to discredit GA as being a truthful person.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

5. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Baez asked GA if he has a problem with his vision, regarding not knowing she was pregnant at the time of the wedding. I'm wondering where he's going with this since I missed all of this testimony earlier today.
    JB stated in his opening that this family's MO was to lie and to deny--and he gave as an example a photo of a very pregnant KC at her Uncle's wedding --and then related how the Anthonys denied KC was pregnant--when obviously they knew better. He used this to show why it fit within the familys MO to lie and deny Caylee's accidental drowning. So, where he was going with this was to establish the statements he made in his opening.

7. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SoCalSleuth For This Useful Post:

Well,I have been travelling all day in our RV and managed to catch quite a lot .Wow! What a day !Thank goodness I invested in an aircard,wouldn't have wanted to miss that!All I really have to say is "Casey,you've just been thwarted by your Dad".Thank you George,now it's your turn Cindy.Stand up for Caylee!
    Last edited by Lucylu7; 05-24-2011 at 11:52 PM. Reason: spelling

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lucylu7 For This Useful Post:

Baez asks what KC spent her paycheck on. GA says insurance for her car, gas for her car, things like that. GA never had contact with the nanny nor did the nanny ever call the house. (I spose he thought KC was paying for the nanny too....)

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

GA went to KC's work to surprise her for lunch, but it was twofold, he also was hoping she was working there. (At Sports Authority). GA is trying to explain and Baez interrupts. I'm surprised GA didn't get pizzy, like many of you have mentioned on the threads today! Wow.

Even when Baez gives him a smirky look, too.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

13. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

A lot of this could have been avoided if GA had been more truthful from the beginning, instead of parroting ICA's lies.

I'm glad he manned up and give him credit for that, but this farce would not have gone on so long if CA and GA had admitted there was no nanny and ICA was lying from the start.

If I sound harsh it's because my tax dollars have been wasted by JB and the DT with ICA's help while our county is looking at cutting services to victim support programs, among many other things.

Yes, I hold CA and GA accountable for this mess, they should have spoken the truth a long time ago. So whoopee that he speaks it now to save his own a**

15. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to goldleaf For This Useful Post:

JP says a witness should not be discredited by talking to a lawyer about his or her testimony.

Then Baez asks about GA consulting with an attorney and seeking Paul Kelly for advice within 48? hours of finding out Caylee was missing. Mr. Kelly is a workman's comp attorney and a friend, says GA.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by helenann2k View Post
    I've lurked for years, literally, but finally decided to open my mouth. This has been bothering me all evening. I felt GA was lying when he said Cayle replied "To Zanny's." If the DT now admits there was no Zanny, then GA just helped them out by discrediting his own honesty. Makes my head spin.
    Awesome point, helenann2k! Welcome to WS!
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tuffy For This Useful Post:

Baez was questioning GA about hearing about duct tape in his opening statement. JP said you can't question about the opening statement as that isn't evidence. (Wouldn't that be elementary knowledge for attorneys? )

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

Baez is asking if GA told the FBI that he wasn't sure that KC worked for the last two years. GA admits he did. Seems like Baez is trying to discredit GA as being a truthful person.
    I thought GA did as best he could answering JB without allowing him to goad him or get riled up. His answer was already out there and didn't GA first say he had suspicions or intuition on the subject? He had also said he caught it from CA for acting like a detective at the Sport's Authority - to the point he just dropped the whole thing. It could not have been easy living in that house, under those rules... No wonder ICA has no respect for authority.

He appeared to me that he was not playing Baezs' game today and JB was barely holding his disgust for GA during questioning - JB needs to be smacked down if that is the attitude he is going to take with all the witnesses.

The look on ICA's face when GA said "If I were there (when Caylee died) we wouldn't be here today" was priceless. Princess was so pizzed - like she was saying 'See? Did you hear that'

Baez was questioning GA about hearing about duct tape in his opening statement. JP said you can't question about the opening statement as that isn't evidence. (Wouldn't that be elementary knowledge for attorneys? )
    IMHO JB came across as .......inept?........green?.........incompetent?.. ....

I couldn't count how many objections were sustained in a row at one point. JB wanted to ask a question and he had no clue how to forumlate the question that would be acceptable in a court of law. It was silly and certainly didn't make JB look good.

Things that make you go Hmmm.
    JB accuses GA of the most disgusting abuse of his daughter, then does not even mention it while questioning him. That alleged abuse, according to JB was at the root of all ICA's problems, but he doesn't ask him one question...

GA went to KC's work to surprise her for lunch, but it was twofold, he also was hoping she was working there. (At Sports Authority). GA is trying to explain and Baez interrupts. I'm surprised GA didn't get pizzy, like many of you have mentioned on the threads today! Wow.

Even when Baez gives him a smirky look, too.
    I thought that part of GA's testimony was interesting. I don't know the exact time line this falls into, but right away though...I thought GA's hinky meter was going off, as far as Caylee actually having a real job!
    Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous -
    Albert Einstein

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bogeygal For This Useful Post:

Baez brings up the fact that GA didn't tell anyone at the tow yard that Caylee was missing.

Baez wishes to retain GA as a witness for further testimony.

The prosecution has GA explain more about the incident at Sports Authority when he dropped by for lunch. The gentleman didn't know KC. GA asked to see the manager. After that, GA got in his car and left. GA addressed the issue with CA. It was not a good conversation because CA thought GA was invading KC's privacy and should have let it go. GA's detective work was not well rec'd by CA. GA briefly discussed it with KC but basically let it go. This incident happened toward the end of 2007 or beginning of 2008.

Jim Kelly was GA's atty for a couple of workman's comp issues in 1995 and early part of 2000. GA and Kelly have been great friends for 20 years. They've gone out to dinner, been to his home, that sort of thing. He was more of friend, but also legal. CA and GA didn't know where to turn and they reached out to Kelly to get some help.

July 16th, GA felt very tired, edgy, hadn't eaten or drank, running on fumes, running in different directions, hard to concentrate on one thing. His whole objective was to find his missing granddaughter.

GA leaves the stand.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

27. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

I just had a thought. GA stated on the stand he had just heard ICAs accusations, yet Littman told Nancy they knew back in Feb what JB was doing.

Did I misunderstand this?

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to countzero For This Useful Post:

JP says a witness should not be discredited by talking to a lawyer about his or her testimony.

Then Baez asks about GA consulting with an attorney and seeking Paul Kelly for advice. Mr. Kelly is a workman's comp attorney and a friend, says GA.
    And let's recall the JB himself consulted with ethics attorney Tim Chinaris early on regarding KC's photo sales. Pot....Kettle....

31. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sleutherontheside For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by countzero View Post
    I just had a thought. GA stated on the stand he had just heard ICAs accusations, yet Littman told Nancy they knew back in Feb what JB was doing.

Did I misunderstand this?
    I think GA said it was the first time he heard about the accidental drowning the defense claims he covered up. His attorney was referring to the sex abuse claims from back in Feb.

33. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Nikki 01 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post

I couldn't count how many objections were sustained in a row at one point. JB wanted to ask a question and he had no clue how to forumlate the question that would be acceptable in a court of law. It was silly and certainly didn't make JB look good.
    True, but on the other hand, the jury heard it. Some were probably asking the same questions in their minds. They'll give Baez kudos for attempting to get the answers.

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki 01 View Post
    I think GA said it was the first time he heard about the accidental drowning the defense claims he covered up. His attorney was referring to the sex abuse claims from back in Feb.
    See, that's what is confusing me, and at this moment it isnt to hard to do. Any who, I have great difficulty believing anything from CA/GA right now. How exactly does one believe them when everything they have said over three years has been full of deceit, deflect and lies. What exactly is their truth. What exactly do we take on face value.

37. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to countzero For This Useful Post:

Baez asked GA if he has a problem with his vision, regarding not knowing she was pregnant at the time of the wedding. I'm wondering where he's going with this since I missed all of this testimony earlier today.
    Kimster, I think it was a polite attempt to call GA a liar without coming out and saying it.

39. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to justthinkin For This Useful Post:

Baez brings up the fact that GA didn't tell anyone at the tow yard that Caylee was missing.

Baez wishes to retain GA as a witness for further testimony.

The prosecution has GA explain more about the incident at Sports Authority when he dropped by for lunch. The gentleman didn't know KC. GA asked to see the manager. After that, GA got in his car and left. GA addressed the issue with CA. It was not a good conversation because CA thought GA was invading KC's privacy and should have let it go. GA's detective work was not well rec'd by CA. GA briefly discussed it with KC but basically let it go. This incident happened toward the end of 2007 or beginning of 2008.

Jim Kelly was GA's atty for a couple of workman's comp issues in 1995 and early part of 2000. GA and Kelly have been great friends for 20 years. They've gone out to dinner, been to his home, that sort of thing. He was more of friend, but also legal. CA and GA didn't know where to turn and they reached out to Kelly to get some help.

July 16th, GA felt very tired, edgy, hadn't eaten or drank, running on fumes, running in different directions, hard to concentrate on one thing. His whole objective was to find his missing granddaughter.

GA leaves the stand.
    kimster, during CAs depo Linda asked CA about the legal papers CA stated they had drawn up for them to have custody of Caylee should anything happen to ICA. CA couldn't produce those papers and told Linda Paul had done it for them. LE contacted Paul Kelly who stated he did not prepare them. All this is in the released docs.

41. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to countzero For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post

Rude ... a bully ... obnoxious ?

Quote Originally Posted by LCoastMom View Post

... and JB was barely holding his disgust for GA during questioning - JB needs to be smacked down if that is the attitude he is going to take with all the witnesses.
    JB disgusted me with his sneering treatment of GA.

I was proud of George today.
    Last edited by Kimster; 05-24-2011 at 11:48 PM. Reason: repaired quotes
    "Love the animals. God has given them the rudiments of thought and joy untroubled. Do not trouble their joy, don't harrass them, don't deprive them of their happiness, don't work against God's intent."
    ~ Fyodor Dostoyevsky~

43. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Pugnolia For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by goldleaf View Post
    A lot of this could have been avoided if GA had been more truthful from the beginning, instead of parroting ICA's lies.

I'm glad he manned up and give him credit for that, but this farce would not have gone on so long if CA and GA had admitted there was no nanny and ICA was lying from the start.

If I sound harsh it's because my tax dollars have been wasted by JB and the DT with ICA's help while our county is looking at cutting services to victim support programs, among many other things.

Yes, I hold CA and GA accountable for this mess, they should have spoken the truth a long time ago. So whoopee that he speaks it now to save his own a**
    BRAVO for you saying this !!!

But, I'm not so sure that he has even begun to tell the trueth yet, and I'm also not convinced that we heard the trueth today.
    Maybe a "little Anthony "half-trueths".

I still do not trust this person at all.

45. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Purple Iris For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast