823 users online (79 members and 744 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MD - Prince George's Co., UID girl, teens-20s, Aug'02 - Jennifer Landry

Unidentified Girl murdered Mount Ranier, MD 2002

DOB: 1982 - 1987 ?
    Found: Aug 15, 2002
    Sex: Female
    Race: White
    Hair: Blonde
    Eyes: Blue
    Height: 5'5" (165 cm)
    Weight: 141 lbs (64 kg)
    Found: MT. RANIER, MD, United States
    Tattoo Left Ankle of Kangaroo with boxing gloves and name "Joey"

The Prince George's County Police Department is investigating a homicide that occurred in Mount Ranier, Maryland. On August 15, 2002 at approximately 9:00 a.m., Mount Ranier Police responded to the 3600 block of Oak Lane for the report a a woman lying in a wooded area. The victim was found to be suffering from trauma to the upper body. The victim is a white female, possibly in her mid teens to early twenties. The above sketches are the Unidentified Victim, the middle image is a tattoo on the left ankle of the Victim. A ring was found on the victim, and actual photographs of the victim are available to law enforcement by contacting Det. Hollowell. Anyone with information about this case is asked to call The Prince George's County Crime Solvers at 301-735-1111.

ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT
    Maryland Center for Missing Children
    1-800-637-5437 (1-800-MDS-KIDS)
    Or Prince George's County Police / Det. Hollowell 301-772-4473 or 240-398-6160

Link:
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

Mt. Ranier, MD

Mount Ranier, MD is a small, older subdivision community located between Washington, DC and Bladensburg, MD. Most of the houses date back to the 1920's. This girl was probably not local. She was found in an area that is near railroad tracks and only accessible by residential side streets.

Richard... looking at the tattoo- it looks homemade. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't have this tattoo when (of if) she was reported missing.

Kangaroo Tattoo

The tattoo of the Kangaroo with boxing gloves and the name "Joey" may eventually prove to be significant clues. A "joey" is a baby kangaroo in Australian lingo. I do not recognize the kanagaroo as any specific comic, so it may be either homemade or at least designed by the girl. Could the reference to boxing have a significance?

Sad

How sad to think someone was murdered and not claimed or reported missing. She was someone's daughter at some point. She had to have family some where why is no one looking for her?? I know this happens alot just makes me sad.

The tattoo is very large clue...someone gave that tattoo to her.....some body knows who she is.

The report said "The victim was found to be suffering from trauma to the upper body"............was she alive when the found her????
    Misty

Trauma

The case summary certainly makes it sound like she was still living when found.

I could not find any information in the Washington Post Archives, although several sorts brought up the following reference:

CRIME & JUSTICE; [FINAL Edition]
    The Washington Post. Washington, D.C.: Aug 21, 2002.

It is possible that the Post covered the case in that edition, but the abstract will only bring up the first paragraph, which is not related to this case.

Just a metro brief describing the body. NBC 4 ran something on it once. They said she (the UID) was seen at a J essup truck stop the day before.

ided

we just found out that this is my neice thanks for posting i found u guys under a seaech after we found out were she was murded if theres any more things u can tell us about it we would like to no sence we just found out friday thanks tommygun48@msn.com

Quote Originally Posted by tom ven
    we just found out that this is my neice thanks for posting i found u guys under a seaech after we found out were she was murded if theres any more things u can tell us about it we would like to no sence we just found out friday thanks tommygun48@msn.com
    tom ven, I am so sorry about the loss of your niece. My condolences to you and your family.

Mount Ranier Victim Identified...

The girl found in Mount Ranier, Maryland on 15 August 2002 has been identified. She is Jen Landry, from a town south of Boston, MA. She was born in April 1983 and was 19 years old at the time of her death.

According to her family, the tattoo "Joey" was in honor of her son. Police are still investigating her death.

Question

Her family never reported her missing obviously. I couldnt find the name of the girl anywhere online...

we did report her missing and she was loved and missed very much but for reasons we do no it took this long to find her any info about her we would love to no somone said they heard she was seen at a jessup truck stop the day before so if anyone has any info even just somthing that they think is not alot it might be to us e mail me thanks tommygun48@msn.com

I would of expected atleast a news station would of covered her dissapearance, atleast a mention. I dont understand.

if u read the post u will see they did thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast