824 users online (149 members and 675 guests)  



Websleuths News


Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 504
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western Mass!
    Posts
    63

    Through a Juror's Eyes/What do those who haven't followed the case believe? (Merged)

    I searched, and did not see anything that this would fit into, so I figured I would start a thread. Mods, please, if this should be moved or removed, let me know, I just feel like....

    Okay, so I have been one of us that have followed the case from the beginning, and believe me, it has been tough. We have sifted through evidence, photos, done our research, and have also pinpointed some theories that would make sense. At one point or another, I am sure that we all had our theory, and I was one to assume she was guilty, the evidence shows it. This leads me to my very first "thread post"....

    I know, I will probably get shot for saying this, but I needed to get it out there.

    I recorded two channels yesterday with the intent of following on WS while I was at work, but go home and watch the trial when I get home. My fiance and I sat down, and he has heard NOTHING about this case...I mean nothing. We watched about 8 hours total of coverage including GA testimony. I was floored. ABSOLUTELY FLOORED as the DT Opening Statement, and my fiance would NOT understand why. You see, I am the same age as ICA, and have been though many of the same situations as her and he compared me to her...not in a bad way...but the trauma and age similarities. No, I did not forget my child anywhere, in fact I just had my first born in January. From my fiances point of view, who probably knows nothing but what the jury members know about this case, showed me that the DT opening statement made him feel sooo bad for ICA. He watched the expressions, listened to every word, and even hit rewind quite a few times.

    Don't get me wrong, he heard the SA Opening statements too, and was appalled by what he heard, but after he heard the DT he had reasonable doubt.

    All opinions aside, he already has reasonable doubt that ICA killed Caylee. When I step in to his shoes, I can completely understand where he is coming from because the stories that JB has stated, are all believable but only...when you know absolutely nothing about the case. (Take in to consideration that they do not yet know a lot of the "details" that we do. Ohhh emmm gee.

    Am I a bad person for looking at the DT theory now too? I loved little Caylee, we all grew to love her. I still believe that something happened to her, something tragic, but I am starting to see that there very well may possibly be a not-guilty verdict as far as first degree murder.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,768
    I definitely think we need to keep in mind that the jurors have not followed this case as much as we have, and their minds are probably an empty slate. Your fiance isn't the first person I've heard about who never followed the case, watched the opening statements, and then had some doubt.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    Posts
    38
    I understand your point, Jess, and I agree with you, to a point. However, the Opening Statements are NOT evidence and the Judge instructed the jurors on this. Also, the jury is going to hear a lot more information (from both sides) before the end of this trial. Hopefully, they will use those witness statements and exhibits to reach their verdict. I am trying to watch, read and listen with the same intent, even though I have believed from the 3rd 9-1-1 call (the 31 days call) that she was culpable, in some way.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess1985 View Post
    I searched, and did not see anything that this would fit into, so I figured I would start a thread. Mods, please, if this should be moved or removed, let me know, I just feel like....

    Okay, so I have been one of us that have followed the case from the beginning, and believe me, it has been tough. We have sifted through evidence, photos, done our research, and have also pinpointed some theories that would make sense. At one point or another, I am sure that we all had our theory, and I was one to assume she was guilty, the evidence shows it. This leads me to my very first "thread post"....

    I know, I will probably get shot for saying this, but I needed to get it out there.

    I recorded two channels yesterday with the intent of following on WS while I was at work, but go home and watch the trial when I get home. My fiance and I sat down, and he has heard NOTHING about this case...I mean nothing. We watched about 8 hours total of coverage including GA testimony. I was floored. ABSOLUTELY FLOORED as the DT Opening Statement, and my fiance would NOT understand why. You see, I am the same age as ICA, and have been though many of the same situations as her and he compared me to her...not in a bad way...but the trauma and age similarities. No, I did not forget my child anywhere, in fact I just had my first born in January. From my fiances point of view, who probably knows nothing but what the jury members know about this case, showed me that the DT opening statement made him feel sooo bad for ICA. He watched the expressions, listened to every word, and even hit rewind quite a few times.

    Don't get me wrong, he heard the SA Opening statements too, and was appalled by what he heard, but after he heard the DT he had reasonable doubt.

    All opinions aside, he already has reasonable doubt that ICA killed Caylee. When I step in to his shoes, I can completely understand where he is coming from because the stories that JB has stated, are all believable but only...when you know absolutely nothing about the case. (Take in to consideration that they do not yet know a lot of the "details" that we do. Ohhh emmm gee.

    Am I a bad person for looking at the DT theory now too? I loved little Caylee, we all grew to love her. I still believe that something happened to her, something tragic, but I am starting to see that there very well may possibly be a not-guilty verdict as far as first degree murder.
    What did your fiance think of the Roy Kronk thing? Does he have any thoughts as to how Caylee's body got from George to Roy?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    912
    I've seen new people on this forum here, who have not been following this case since day 31, who believe the sex abuse occurred. I've also seen that on the WFTV blog comments as well. So for people who haven't been following this case, JB's opening statements are quite powerful.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    717
    Add to that her now soooo sad dejected look, I could see that people could have doubts if they just started following the case from the opening statements.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    906
    I've been following this case for around 2 years, now, have read most of the discovery, and have thought ICA guilty and deserved of the death penalty.... and JB's statement even gave ME a doubt. So, yes, I can see how someone who has heard nothing/knows nothing could have a reasonable doubt at this point. This is not to say I will have any doubt left in me when the trial is over. I'm waiting to hear all the testimony.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western Mass!
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by amydlite View Post
    I understand your point, Jess, and I agree with you, to a point. However, the Opening Statements are NOT evidence and the Judge instructed the jurors on this. Also, the jury is going to hear a lot more information (from both sides) before the end of this trial. Hopefully, they will use those witness statements and exhibits to reach their verdict. I am trying to watch, read and listen with the same intent, even though I have believed from the 3rd 9-1-1 call (the 31 days call) that she was culpable, in some way.
    You are completely right, that is not evidence. I guess I should have taken that in to consideration before jumping... I do believe though...the evidence will eventually prevail...wether or not it is strong enough to erase doubt....I hope so.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western Mass!
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by wallflower67 View Post
    What did your fiance think of the Roy Kronk thing? Does he have any thoughts as to how Caylee's body got from George to Roy?
    That was one of the things that he did not understand....I tried to explain the 9-1-1 calls to him and all the information that we already know from following the case...and he didn't really understand...I told him to sign up and start reading!!! I guess you make a valid point...sorry...I was just lost in what was going on I guess...yesterday was a very emotional day for a lot of people...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,465
    Today the SA has already shot major holes into the DT's opening and I predict they will be less credible each and every day.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess1985 View Post
    That was one of the things that he did not understand....I tried to explain the 9-1-1 calls to him and all the information that we already know from following the case...and he didn't really understand...I told him to sign up and start reading!!! I guess you make a valid point...sorry...I was just lost in what was going on I guess...yesterday was a very emotional day for a lot of people...
    Yes, it was. And, like cruicible above, JB's opening gave me doubt too. And I hated that! And then I hated myself for hating that! Make sense? I didn't expect to be even remotely sucked into the KC coolaid!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    106
    If the DT had not thrown in GA's participation, the molestation and RK's moving the body they might have had a chance.
    At the end of the evidence I believe that the duct tape sinks her.
    I would also assume that CA and LA will not support the molestation.
    I do think that SA needs to include that not only was she not looking for a missing Caylee, she was not upset because her Caylee was dead!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In the Woods In Georgia
    Posts
    5,481
    I think it is also important that we all remember that most if not all of the jury has heard of this story. At least half of the 12 more than likely know a whole lot more than what they told the courts. (not accusing, I personally think it's just reality)


    I agree that the DT more than likely raised reasonable doubt to a person who has no clue of any of this case, however to this jury, I just don't believe it is the case. At most, the DT can only hope that this jury can do as they said, and leave all previous opinions aside and listen to the evidence.

    Even if the jury has any reasonable doubt at this point, they are going to watch the jail house video's with Cindy, George, and Casey and they are going to further believe the states case of how Casey creates even bigger lies..and even bigger lies to get what she wants.
    The jury will not believe Casey's story of abuse because of her very own words.
    JMHO
    Justice For Caylee Marie

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    887
    I had posted this in the sidebar but it fits here so...

    My 65 yr old dad, who has a pool and grandchildren, called this afternoon at the lunch break....he has not followed too much and began watching with jury selection.
    His points were that he thought after this a.m's testimony it appeared like she just didnt want her daughter anymore, that it was "cramping" her style. (mind you, 24 yrs ago, I was a 19 yr old mother so he's familiar with young, single moms)

    He also stated that if the death was an accidental drowning that GA was involved in, there was no way that they would still have that pool up in their backyard. But even more far fetched to him was that an ex LE officer would ever try to cover up an accidental drowning.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess1985 View Post

    Am I a bad person for looking at the DT theory now too?
    Yes, you stop that right now! j/k

    It's human nature to question things. We are programmed to think logically and there is nothing logical about this. It's unnatural for a 2.10 month old baby girl to be killed and tossed on the side of the road. And to conclude that she died at the hands of her own mother makes it even more hard to fathom.

    But mothers have killed their children before. It is not unheard of.

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. If you were a juror on this case
    By melissa81 in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-21-2008, 08:24 AM
  2. Potential juror once carved out girlfriend's eyes
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-04-2004, 04:04 PM

Tags for this Thread