TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
Gail Nowacki Palmgren is missing as of 4/30/11 from Signal Mountain TN.
She is driving a Jeep Rubicon, 4 door, Red, with AL license plate number "Eazy St" .
Gail is 5'8", blond hair, 135 lbs. Call Signal Mountain PD at 423-886-2124
sigpic3550_5.gif

WRCB TV
14595650_BG1.JPG

14595650_BG2.JPG

Thread # 1

Thread # 2

Thread # 3

Gail Nowacki Palmgren Media Links

Gail Nowacki Palmgren Timeline

Please continue here...

So I'm finally going through tonight's media links, and I see that The Associated Press has picked up on the story -- good news! Also interesting from the AP article:

Authorities also plan to look in Lake Jordan, Ala., where Palmgren and her husband own a lake house, according to the Chattanooga Times Free Press.

A court ruling is expected June 3 on a motion by Matthew Palmgren seeking legal separation, exclusive use of the couple's house and custody of their two children.

http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/view/story/52d01e6380eb4fddb580031322451dad/TN--Woman-Missing/

Thanks JBean! Also from another article today:

Now agencies say they're planning an air search for that red Jeep Rubicon.

Friends and family are organizing another search party. They're asking for people with ATVs to help search more trails this weekend.

You can find more information on the "Bring Gail Home Now" Facebook page.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14716286

Or they could have decided to meet at the base of the mountain out of ear shot of the kids. I believe someone read where the last ping of her phone was on Mountain Creek Rd. That is where his mother lives and didn't he say that he was at his mother's prior to going to the house?

Oh I totally agree that it's very likely that they infact did meet elsewhere without the children present. In fact this is what I find to be most likely and at MPs suggestion of Gail to come alone to meet him that it would be brief so the kids would not be alone for extended amt of time(and to leave a 12 yr old with a younger sibling for short amts of time IMO is quite the norm).. I also believe that the excuse was possibly to shield the children from further being affected by their marital issues.. I believe this is why Gail willingly left the kids and was expecting to be back to them very momentarily..

So yes while I totally believe this most likely happened however the problem with it in the context posted above is the fact that MP states he never saw Gail and that they were to meet at home with kids present and when he arrived his Kids were alone and abandoned by Gail.. Yet he didn't bother to even report her missing for 2 more days after and that was only cuz her family pushed him too with the sister even reporting her missing from all the way up north.

Nope Matt denies ever seeing or speaking to Gail and took days to even be prodded into reporting his childrens mother missing...

IMO something is way up with ol Matt and IMo he planned the whole ruse to get Gail to "abandon" the children with daddy dearest to swoop in to the rescue..
But damn do I wish that jeep could be found.. That is driving me nuts.. But then again 2 days is an awful long time to properly dispose of that jeep and evidentally adequate enough to have done a pretty damn good job as here we are 3 weeks later and still no sign of bright red jeep rubicon with custom plates..

Well,imo these are the 3 scenarios that I am going with.They are in the order in which I would like them to be true.

1. Gail took off on her own because she just could not handle the pressure being put on her and it seems to have been OTT. Perhaps she was suffering a breakdown due to these pressures. I don't mean delusions, as I don't take that seriously at all. I just mean she couldn't take it anymore and just had to leave for a time.

2. Gail left due to very strong prodding or threats and she felt compelled to do so; perhaps her only option and she is in hiding. She is in fear for her own life or someone else's.

3. Gail met with foul play and the dh is involved or someone moving at his direction.

I have personally ruled out any coincidental accidents, run ins with unknown assailants,or kidnapping. The only way I could get on board with any of that is if it happened subsequent to her leaving and she put herself in a risky location. I don't think that would be the initial cause but rather the by-product of a woman alone on the road.

Well, if we assume that Matt murdered Gail himself, then how would that be possible within the span of 10 minutes? Unless, of course, he did not return home by 12:10pm. Do you think it's possible that he could compel his children to lie?

First, we have no idea if LE has spoken with the kids. Maybe someone else will remember -- did someone local confirm that LE had not spoken with them? I have a vague memory of it but didn't find anything on a search. So anyway, there's nothing to indicate Matt compelled kids to lie for him.

Now, as far as the timeline, we know when Gail was at the house: according to Matt, Gail "dropped the children off with no one home at about noon." (Of course, that's the same interview where he said he had no idea how long Gail was at the lake house, and we now know that's not true: He knew she left when police were at the house for the 911 call, and he knew she came back at noon the next day. But let's side-step his inconsistencies and accept that she came back there at noon on April 30.)

Susie says Gail left about 12:15.

Matt says when he arrived, Gail was gone. But we don't know when Matt arrived, do we?

I'm going through all this again because that time frame is the one I'm very interested in. We don't know when Matt arrived that day as far as I know, we don't know what he did afterward, nothing. Just Gail was last seen about 12:15, then on May 2nd she was reported missing.

ed
Well, if we assume that Matt murdered Gail himself, then how would that be possible within the span of 10 minutes? Unless, of course, he did not return home by 12:10pm. Do you think it's possible that he could compel his children to lie?

Just a speculation: He called her to get an approximte time of her arrival. Has someone drop him off on Timesville Rd and he accessed the property thru the woods surrounding the house and waits for her return. Kids go in the house and get on their computers, X-boxes, etc, and he accesses the garage or vehicle and surprises Gail. He could have accessed the garage ahead of time and was hiding in wait. Three car garage filled with "stuff" would have many hiding places, imo. She prolly had taken her purse, keys, etc. in already and may have had her cell in hand or left it in the jeep. IMO

. No,I don't think he would have his kids lie.

At this point none of us know where either of them were for 2 days, so who knows what happened between 4-30 and 5-2?

First, we have no idea if LE has spoken with the kids. Maybe someone else will remember -- did someone local confirm that LE had not spoken with them? I have a vague memory of it but didn't find anything on a search. So anyway, there's nothing to indicate Matt compelled kids to lie for him.

Now, as far as the timeline, we know when Gail was at the house: according to Matt, Gail "dropped the children off with no one home at about noon." (Of course, that's the same interview where he said he had no idea how long Gail was at the lake house, and we now know that's not true: He knew she left when police were at the house for the 911 call, and he knew she came back at noon the next day. But let's side-step his inconsistencies and accept that she came back there at noon on April 30.)

Susie says Gail left about 12:15.

Matt says when he arrived, Gail was gone. But we don't know when Matt arrived, do we?

I'm going through all this again because that time frame is the one I'm very interested in. We don't know when Matt arrived that day as far as I know, we don't know what he did afterward, nothing. Just Gail was last seen about 12:15, then on May 2nd she was reported missing.

I thought he said that he arrived home approximately 10 minutes after she left. Perhaps I am recalling that incorrectly. But, if not, and he is being untruthful, then he would need to somehow convince the children to support his claim of being home later than what he stated.

ed

Just a speculation: He called her to get an approximte time of her arrival. Has someone drop him off on Timesville Rd and he accessed the property thru the woods surrounding the house and waits for her return. Kids go in the house and get on their computers, X-boxes, etc, and he accesses the garage or vehicle and surprises Gail. He could have accessed the garage ahead of time and was hiding in wait. Three car garage filled with "stuff" would have many hiding places, imo. She prolly had taken her purse, keys, etc. in already and may have had her cell in hand or left it in the jeep. IMO

Except that we know it was Gail who drove away that day from the home. I believe that one of Gail's friends here confirmed that w/100% certainty.

Honestly, I would not be surprised if he was guilty of something. I'm just trying to figure out how and what.

Except that we know it was Gail who drove away that day from the home. I believe that one of Gail's friends here confirmed that w/100% certainty.

Honestly, I would not be surprised if he was guilty of something. I'm just trying to figure out how and what.

So he couldn't be in the back seat giving her commands and threats? Gail drives with a frozen disposition..imo, the way SB descriibes it. Both hands on wheel, staring straight ahead with no focus to anything except driving.

ETA: I don't recall this 10 min time frame for MP arriving home. Can anyone provide a link where he arrived home after she had been gone.....time would have been approx 12:25 if so.? TIA..VM

ITA Jbean that Matt did not have the kids lie. I have a couple of different theories rolling around in my head one in which Matt keeps himself "clean" and focuses on being the kids hero and daddy dearest to the rescue sometime quite soon after he had arranged for Gail to leave the kids home briefly while meeting him elsewhere to have a chat about "something" of importance.. Something important enough that she'd load back up the kids and dogs less than 24 hours after being at the lake house.. Heading Back to Signal by 7am.. I think there was "something" of great importance either promised to Gail if she immediately came back and would meet with Matt ASAP.. Or either she was threatened with something if she didn't immediately get back to Signal and meet with Matt.. I think that when Gail left their house at 12:15 on the 30th that she thought that briefly leaving them there was in their best interest, so as to shield them from any marital issues than they already would have to endure.. I think it's even quite likely that it was Matts idea saying he, too didn't want the kids to have to bear witness nor even have to hear anymore of the marital issue details than they absolutely had to..

Tho Gail IMo was the only one with actual true intentions of not having to involve the kids anymore than absolutely necessary.. Whereas Matts motive was nothing more than part of a plan to rid himself of Gail and the marital issues for good..

What I meant about Matt staying "clean" and playing the kids hero to the rescue from their moms abandonment..was that just as he's hired this PI to do his dirty work in going down to the lake house personally and pretty much strong arming their neighbor whom he fears has somethings on him that he'd planned on getting rid of those details in his getting rid of Gail. But much to his dismay his wife was perhaps even smarter and thinking way ahead more than he'd ever even gave her credit for being and because of such he'd learned Arlene had some real possible "dirt" that could come back to bite his azz!! The PI sent to do the dirty work.. I, too could much the same see Matt hiring someone to do the "dirty" work of disappearing Gail and her Rubicon..

So, given that theory there would be no problem nor hindrance in daddy dearest, the hero showing up to rescue his kids from abandonment "10 minutes" after Gail had left. Once he knew that Gail was safely in the clutches of the man whom was hired to do the dirty work, Matt knew it was time for him to start with his role of the hero, wonderful daddy.. As well as to firmly seal air tight his alibi of being with the kids within 10 minutes of Gail having left.. With this known and verified by the kids and whomever else he paraded himself and the two kids around in order to solidify the alibi even more..

IMO full well knowing the longeramount of time that he could put between Gails actual time of "disappearance" and the time of involving LE the longer of course the better.. Along with possibly awaiting a specific call, signal, etc given Matt from the "dirty" guy letting Matt know that Gail had been thoroughly "disappeared" as had her jeep..

Meanwhile between the time of her actually disappearing and time LE became involved I would be willing to bet that once it all comes to light there will be proof positive that before Gail was even yet reported as abandoning her kids, missing, disappeared, that Matt was already in talks with an ATTY about what motions to file and when that would get him custody of kids, legally separated(so that an affair would no longer even have to hidden in the least but rather completely go public), as well as the part of painting Gail in a negative light by making accusations, innuendos, and filing for a restraining order against her.. No doubt IMO he thought he had all bases covered, thought ahead, and actually had won.. Defeating Gail and winning it all.. The kids, the money, the woman, the whole 9 yards..

But IMO it will be his underestimating of Gail that will be his undoing.. IMO it's gonna be what's found that Gail had already handed off for safe keeping along with possible admissions and details of Matt's true antics have been all along.. These things Gail did in thinking ahead and securing these pieces of evidence will be that which is the undoing of all of Matt's master plan to have it all without so much as having to give up a thing.. Not even give up a wife to divorce and all that entails.. His greed will be what hangs him up and shows him just for who and what he is to everybody there on Signal Mtn and it's surrounding towns and counties..

Jmo tho!!

ITA Jbean that Matt did not have the kids lie. I have a couple of different theories rolling around in my head one in which Matt keeps himself "clean" and focuses on being the kids hero and daddy dearest to the rescue sometime quite soon after he had arranged for Gail to leave the kids home briefly while meeting him elsewhere to have a chat about "something" of importance.. Something important enough that she'd load back up the kids and dogs less than 24 hours after being at the lake house.. Heading Back to Signal by 7am.. I think there was "something" of great importance either promised to Gail if she immediately came back and would meet with Matt ASAP.. Or either she was threatened with something if she didn't immediately get back to Signal and meet with Matt.. I think that when Gail left their house at 12:15 on the 30th that she thought that briefly leaving them there was in their best interest, so as to shield them from any marital issues than they already would have to endure.. I think it's even quite likely that it was Matts idea saying he, too didn't want the kids to have to bear witness nor even have to hear anymore of the marital issue details than they absolutely had to..

Tho Gail IMo was the only one with actual true intentions of not having to involve the kids anymore than absolutely necessary.. Whereas Matts motive was nothing more than part of a plan to rid himself of Gail and the marital issues for good..

What I meant about Matt staying "clean" and playing the kids hero to the rescue from their moms abandonment..was that just as he's hired this PI to do his dirty work in going down to the lake house personally and pretty much strong arming their neighbor whom he fears has somethings on him that he'd planned on getting rid of those details in his getting rid of Gail. But much to his dismay his wife was perhaps even smarter and thinking way ahead more than he'd ever even gave her credit for being and because of such he'd learned Arlene had some real possible "dirt" that could come back to bite his azz!! The PI sent to do the dirty work.. I, too could much the same see Matt hiring someone to do the "dirty" work of disappearing Gail and her Rubicon..

So, given that theory there would be no problem nor hindrance in daddy dearest, the hero showing up to rescue his kids from abandonment "10 minutes" after Gail had left. Once he knew that Gail was safely in the clutches of the man whom was hired to do the dirty work, Matt knew it was time for him to start with his role of the hero, wonderful daddy.. As well as to firmly seal air tight his alibi of being with the kids within 10 minutes of Gail having left.. With this known and verified by the kids and whomever else he paraded himself and the two kids around in order to solidify the alibi even more..

IMO full well knowing the longeramount of time that he could put between Gails actual time of "disappearance" and the time of involving LE the longer of course the better.. Along with possibly awaiting a specific call, signal, etc given Matt from the "dirty" guy letting Matt know that Gail had been thoroughly "disappeared" as had her jeep..

Meanwhile between the time of her actually disappearing and time LE became involved I would be willing to bet that once it all comes to light there will be proof positive that before Gail was even yet reported as abandoning her kids, missing, disappeared, that Matt was already in talks with an ATTY about what motions to file and when that would get him custody of kids, legally separated(so that an affair would no longer even have to hidden in the least but rather completely go public), as well as the part of painting Gail in a negative light by making accusations, innuendos, and filing for a restraining order against her.. No doubt IMO he thought he had all bases covered, thought ahead, and actually had won.. Defeating Gail and winning it all.. The kids, the money, the woman, the whole 9 yards..

But IMO it will be his underestimating of Gail that will be his undoing.. IMO it's gonna be what's found that Gail had already handed off for safe keeping along with possible admissions and details of Matt's true antics have been all along.. These things Gail did in thinking ahead and securing these pieces of evidence will be that which is the undoing of all of Matt's master plan to have it all without so much as having to give up a thing.. Not even give up a wife to divorce and all that entails.. His greed will be what hangs him up and shows him just for who and what he is to everybody there on Signal Mtn and it's surrounding towns and counties..

Jmo!!

Well said Smooth! And it just so happens (day AFTER) her last LE encounter with hub that she just disappears...evaporates...as SO many Mothers do, yes?? Leaving their young, or ANY, children behind. Guess they just don't care anymore after living their lives FOR same children, and being a great Mom. They just leave.

:banghead:

I will call/write, and never give up on this case. Cannot imagine the nightmare for her sister, and those who truly care for her whereabouts.

Smoothoperator, I like your logic, but someone mentioned that saturday is a big day for kids sports leagues on Signal Mountain. Its possible she brought them back early so they could make it to a game.

Edit: But along my own logic, it doesn't make sense to schedule something fun with her friends in Alabama if she knew her kid had a game the next day. Unless she was so scatter brained that she forgot, but I doubt it.

Well, Matt said that they had made plans to meet at the house around noon on the 30th, so I think it's very plausible that she came back because Matt had asked her to. My speculation is that he didn't want Gail and the kids to leave in the first place.

If the kids had sports that day, then they would be out of the house. That opens up even more hours when something could have happened between Matt and Gail.

Gail could have returned home while the kids were gone wherever, and there was an altercation.

She could have returned and he's lying, that's my theory.

MP might have asked his mother to take the kids somewhere so he could stay there and wait for Gail. Or he could have sent the kids off with Grandma while he went to meet Gail somewhere.

All we have is his story, and it doesn't ring true.

As far as the red Jeep ~ I hope they find it on the mountain or nearby, but heck, look at how much time he had to get rid of it! Days!

He could have driven it to Atlanta (2 hours away) after midnight, parked it at the airport, then flown back to Chattanooga before the kids woke up in the morning.

If the kids had sports that day, then they would be out of the house. That opens up even more hours when something could have happened between Matt and Gail.

Snipped

Not necessarily. I wouldn't come home from a trip with 2 kids early in the morning and give them moments to prepare. She could have hypothetically dropped them off so they could get ready, while she met Matt, or ran an errand or something. I'd imagine if there were a game she'd try and get home at least an hour before it.

We have no idea if this is the case. I doubt it. It sounds like something that would have been reported, imo.

ed

BBM..Or perhaps someone else (hired by him) could have been hiding in wait..JMHOOTS

I have to say, I dont think the time allows for MP to have carried out an evil deed against his wife in this fashion. But again, the kids would be the key to the timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth