Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sophieness View Post
    re: why she left. I think it was again bc she thought she was being followed that day. it was in the final phone call to her sister which was described as "bizarre" and "moments before she disappeared" that she spoke of being afraid about being followed. her sister indicated it was in this final phone call and not the one that happened at 0630. if she had found evidence of GF or separation papers etc in her final moments at the house, I think her last phone call would have been about that instead.

if she was not "being paranoid" as MP has stated, maybe a car followed her and stopped near the entrance to her neighborhood or turned into a little dirt road and she thought it was the gf though? or a PI? turned around to see who it was? was scared but angry and wanted to confront the person? maybe that is why she did not acknowledge her neighbor. it seems too weird to be true that they would then make her disappear in a confrontation like that...but stranger things have happened?

if the car is NOT on SM or in the river, and someone met her on or around the mountain, I think if someone disposed of the car they had to have had help. at least if it was MP, because you can't drive two cars very far away at once, and if he called someone for a ride home he would have to explain himself, and a taxi would be obvious if LE looked into his affairs.
    I was followed, stalked and there was several attempts to run me off the road. One girlfriend use to park in the culdesac across from my house everynight and then start flashing her headlights into my front livingroom window. It was constant after I had my ex thrown out. And yes, he brought her into our as well. I was lucky I had my mom, kids, and friends to help me through it, but the mind games wore me down to a frazzle. After awhile I turned the hurt into anger and the anger into motivation to move forward and leave him in the dust. This all happened back in 1996 but it has ruined my life. I trust no one least of all myself. You lose your trust in judgment of character. I am so scared to get involved with anyone although I wish I had someone I could trust in my life. Life has been extremely lonely for me.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Snowbunny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by xTiffanyTerror View Post

1. If her neighbor SB was 100% sure she SAW GAIL driving the Jeep away from the home then why did the BOLO on the dispatch CAD screen say her children were the last to see her? Surely SB had talked to the police?
    That's a good question. Very good.

3. Why bother to get an RO? If Gail were to suddenly show up at the home, it would not be valid. She would have to be SERVED with the RO first.
    That's more a PR move than anything else, IMO. I think Matthew is trying to show that Gail is the bad one here, not he.

7. If he as an RO why would he also file for exclusive use of the marital home? Could he be planning on trying to sell it? Could he do that if he was granted sole use?
    Another thing, he seems to be pretty eager to lay his hands on the money from the accounts with changed pins. Why? Any financial problems here?

3. If MP was the one that proposed the 12pm meeting at the house, why was he so late? No matter if he arrived 10 mins after Gail left or later. HE was the one that proposed the time and he was only 25 minutes away at his mothers. If he would have arrived on time he would have been there when Gail and the children got home. I would think IMO that someone as high up on the corporate ladder as him would be more punctual. IMO.
    Is the information about the meeting at home corroborated by any other sources than Matthew? I mean not the information about the meeting as such, but about the place?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hexe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hexe View Post

That's more a PR move than anything else, IMO. I think Matthew is trying to show that Gail is the bad one here, not he.
    Agreed. I definitely think that all of these things he is doing, trying to get custody, the RO, talking about the (alleged) change of address and pin #s is to set it up to look like she took off. He wants to do everything to make it look like Gail is still alive (which I pray she is). Same thing with the press conference, he HAD to make a point of bring up the alleged sightings.
    "When all of your wishes have been granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed." - Marilyn Manson

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to xTiffanyTerror For This Useful Post:

I wish we knew more about the alleged girlfriend. Someone has been leaving REALLY nasty, hurtful comments about Gail on her media articles (a lot have been removed already) and I really can't help it but think it's the alleged gf leaving these comments, jmo.
    Twinkle Twinkle
    little bat
    how I wonder
    where you're at...

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheDoormouse For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbunny View Post
    I was followed, stalked and there was several attempts to run me off the road. One girlfriend use to park in the culdesac across from my house everynight and then start flashing her headlights into my front livingroom window. It was constant after I had my ex thrown out. And yes, he brought her into our as well. I was lucky I had my mom, kids, and friends to help me through it, but the mind games wore me down to a frazzle. After awhile I turned the hurt into anger and the anger into motivation to move forward and leave him in the dust. This all happened back in 1996 but it has ruined my life. I trust no one least of all myself. You lose your trust in judgment of character. I am so scared to get involved with anyone although I wish I had someone I could trust in my life. Life has been extremely lonely for me.
    *hug* Thanks for sharing that.

My mom taught me that the best revenge is to do well for yourself. The best F*** you you could give that guy is to let yourself be happy with someone way better than him. You deserve it.
    Twinkle Twinkle
    little bat
    how I wonder
    where you're at...

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TheDoormouse For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Well,imo these are the 3 scenarios that I am going with.They are in the order in which I would like them to be true.

1. Gail took off on her own because she just could not handle the pressure being put on her and it seems to have been OTT. Perhaps she was suffering a breakdown due to these pressures. I don't mean delusions, as I don't take that seriously at all. I just mean she couldn't take it anymore and just had to leave for a time.

2. Gail left due to very strong prodding or threats and she felt compelled to do so; perhaps her only option and she is in hiding. She is in fear for her own life or someone else's.

3. Gail met with foul play and the dh is involved or someone moving at his direction.

I have personally ruled out any coincidental accidents, run ins with unknown assailants,or kidnapping. The only way I could get on board with any of that is if it happened subsequent to her leaving and she put herself in a risky location. I don't think that would be the initial cause but rather the by-product of a woman alone on the road.
    As always JBean, you are thoughtful and thorough. I, too, believe in 2 or even 3 of the above. A bright red Jeep with a vanity plate is hard to hide, you know?

Anyone can put in a change of address...on the internet for years now. To me that means nothing: (a ploy with no actual residence, or person seen at forwarded addy) except intent somewhere/somehow. Go to McD's, Starbucks, or ANYWHERE with public internet. I'd think a person of Pharmaceutical caliber could muster that one, and even with an untraceable notebook/proxy server. I could.

What speaks volumes to me is that she has not been found. If by accident, or natural means, she would have in most any scenario. I am so happy that heat has been turned ON...turn those flames way up! To me, an older life (a woman with 2 children) is no less valuable than a young girl or boy...unless given the fact that they did not even have the chance to live, and experience life that long. ALL disturbs me when life is shortened.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RavenTrue For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Regarding Meds-well I would think it would depend 1.) On whether or not she was acutally prescribed something and if she is actually taking it and 2.) When she MAY have started the meds. Most side effects take place pretty quickly, certainly within the first 6 weeks.

Much like the Horman threads, there is no named POI in this case, but if you are a believer in the foul play theory it is natural to cast your eyes on the adult who was closest to Gail. That would be Matt.

For me, the longer the time has passed the more concern I have with the possibility of foul play. My only yardstick for this is the knowledge of similar cases and the family/friends statements that she is a devoted mother. Oh, and LE's firm statement that they have nothing to support MP's affidavit that she was/is unstable and had psychiatric issues.

This statement paints a picture of a woman who could have wandered away. I think it is a deliberate portrayal, but not because I think MP did away with his wife. I think it represents a typical albeit nasty statement you would see in divorce that might be ramping up...possibly based upon the cards each held.

For example, let's say MP was cheating with one or more women and was (possibly) abusing Gail. She had a lot of money in her name apparently-MP claimed that the accounts she restricted his access to are marital property...but not that they are joint. That would certainly carry some weight if we consider it in the context of a divorce.

Now, let's say that Gail was unstable and was prone to wandering away and leaving her children unattended. Well that would carry some weight as well.

Except in this case, LE is saying they have no evidence that she was unstable. And we know there were multiple domestic calls to the residence-in fact the day before she disappeared she fled with her children to another state.

IMO, MP is moving forward with his part of the divorce filing now because he will get what he is asking for simply because Gail is not there to contest it. JMVHO.

Oh I DO believe, believe09. just sayin
    Only person who says she's unstable is...well you/we all know.
    Thanks for always being the voice of reason believe. I am going to see this case from beginning to END: it's legal, just and rightful end. tyvm
    Last edited by JBean; 05-29-2011 at 07:13 PM. Reason: fix broken quote

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RavenTrue For This Useful Post:

1. If her neighbor SB was 100% sure she SAW GAIL driving the Jeep away from the home then why did the BOLO on the dispatch CAD screen say her children were the last to see her? Surely SB had talked to the police?
    It was Gail driving away from the house. I promise you.

2. If Gail did have her cell phone with her when she left on the 30th (which I believe) why would she stay in the area for 2 days? Or leave the area and return 2 days later? If she pitched the phone in the area, why not just leave it at home or with friends as she did with other belongings?
    We know she had it in her possession until approximately noon on 4/30. We also know that her phone did not leave the area and/or the phone left and came back. But that is all we know.

3. Why bother to get an RO? If Gail were to suddenly show up at the home, it would not be valid. She would have to be SERVED with the RO first.
    The RO in and of itself is not all that unusual in cases of separation.It is primarily to restrict her from taking the children out of the county if she should return.he is also asking the court to give him temporary custody since she has left without contacting anyone and because she is, according to MP,suffering from delusions. ETA: I believe that he has to get TC in order to get an RO and he really wants the RO to make sure she cannot take the kids anywhere.

The request is for an emergency temporary order since it is impossible to serve Gail at this time.

4. MP's behavior has been appalling from the gate IMO but regarding his letter to Arlene, why would he have his PI handling the return of property? Isn't it usually handled by police or lawyers?
    I suspect that Matt is keeping as much to himself as possible. Could easily turn into a spectacle if he personally calls on Arlene. If you think about it, Gail has enlisted the help of an agent to hold it for her and Matt has enlisted the help of an agent to go get it.

I would further suspect that lawyers and LE are also involved in learning what Arlene may have.

5. I know that the affair is rumor at this point, but IMO since MP seems to be so into filing legal motions or ordering around his PI wouldn't you think he would have tried to silence the people saying such things?
    I think that would be impossible

7. If he as an RO why would he also file for exclusive use of the marital home? Could he be planning on trying to sell it? Could he do that if he was granted sole use?
    He also filed for separation and wants to be able to stay in the home. He would not be able to sell it at this point.

2. If Gail fled because she believed she was being followed home with the kids from AL, I doubt she would have just dropped them off alone at the house. How could she have known whoever was following her wouldn't harm the children?
    Unless of course she knew who was following her and exactly what they wanted.

3. If MP was the one that proposed the 12pm meeting at the house, why was he so late? No matter if he arrived 10 mins after Gail left or later. HE was the one that proposed the time and he was only 25 minutes away at his mothers. If he would have arrived on time he would have been there when Gail and the children got home. I would think IMO that someone as high up on the corporate ladder as him would be more punctual. IMO.
    I don't think we know what time the meeting was nor do we know if he was late or not. Perhaps Gail was early.
    JMHO of course.

I hope that helps.
    Last edited by JBean; 05-29-2011 at 07:32 PM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoormouse View Post
    I wish we knew more about the alleged girlfriend. Someone has been leaving REALLY nasty, hurtful comments about Gail on her media articles (a lot have been removed already) and I really can't help it but think it's the alleged gf leaving these comments, jmo.
    If that's his gf leaving those messges, doesn't say much for MP, imo.
    They deserve each other.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoormouse View Post
    What I'd like to say to any of these girls who think its funny that they destroyed a family or a marriage is this: If the guy will leave his wife for you then what makes you think he will not leave you too?

I finally came to the conclusion after all I went through that I wasn't losing anything but rather gaining my life back. I made every effort to insure that my kids understood that it was wrong to cheat and to consider other before they made any sort of decision in life. As a mother I feel I succeeded in doing that. All my children are very compasionate towards others. They've seen the pain I've gone through and understand it well.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Snowbunny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    If that's his gf leaving those messges, doesn't say much for MP, imo.
    They deserve each other.
    hollyblue, I was thinking something similar. IF it is her--what kind of woman sleeps with a married man, and doesn't even have the brains to know she is doing something morally wrong--then compounds the damage by disrespecting his missing wife? She should be ashamed enough of herself and her behavior to at least stay out of it. (again, IF it is her)

I have to add: I didn't see the comments you are talking about, so I don't know what the woman said. Still, it seems very low class to me.
    Last edited by Columbo; 05-29-2011 at 08:27 PM.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    It was Gail driving away from the house. I promise you.

We know she had it in her possession until approximately noon on 4/30. We also know that her phone did not leave the area and/or the phone left and came back. But that is all we know.

The RO in and of itself is not all that unusual in cases of separation.It is primarily to restrict her from taking the children out of the county if she should return.he is also asking the court to give him temporary custody since she has left without contacting anyone and because she is, according to MP,suffering from delusions. ETA: I believe that he has to get TC in order to get an RO and he really wants the RO to make sure she cannot take the kids anywhere.

The request is for an emergency temporary order since it is impossible to serve Gail at this time.

I suspect that Matt is keeping as much to himself as possible. Could easily turn into a spectacle if he personally calls on Arlene. If you think about it, Gail has enlisted the help of an agent to hold it for her and Matt has enlisted the help of an agent to go get it.

I would further suspect that lawyers and LE are also involved in learning what Arlene may have.

I think that would be impossible

He also filed for separation and wants to be able to stay in the home. He would not be able to sell it at this point.

Unless of course she knew who was following her and exactly what they wanted.

I don't think we know what time the meeting was nor do we know if he was late or not. Perhaps Gail was early.
    JMHO of course.

I hope that helps.

BBM
    That's what I wished to confirm most of all.

Thank goodness there are several, if not many, that wish to see this case to it's just end. I know that many are watching/commenting on the Caylee Anthony trial. It will be what it is..can say it was an epiphany watching that jury selection one day! Have never felt so many like-minded persons online EVER. (: Many of my friends think me kind of freaky for being so into missing/murdered persons cases. They would rather cook a new recipe. Guess what? I can make a new dish, AND make time for justice. It's always meant something to me when I see "missing mothers" and husbands get children, and nothing more. That's when I started to care.

If not for THIS site, and people caring/stirring the pot...could people really get away with murder? And, if so, would you want to live in a society like that? If you don't care, and it can/and does happen...what's to say it couldn't happen to YOU. Don't you know almost every victim thought same. I do think Gail thought that it could happen to her though I have no proof.

Someone has to care! If not in your own family, just for the sake of justice. That's why I'm here, and will continue to the end to care about Gail Palmgren. If not, then what is our society? SORRY to get soo philosophical here, but truly...

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RavenTrue For This Useful Post:

I just wish we knew what happened to Gail. I hope she is found safe. Prayers for Gail!

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Snowbunny For This Useful Post:

During the time that I was going through the whole ordeal that I went through I was peaved at the girls for not having any respect, but when it was all said and done it was my ex-husband who had feed the girls all this crap about me. They only knew me by what he had told them about me. His sister who didn't get to really know me until after I filed for the divorce came to visit for a week and I decided that she wasn't the problem, but rather he was so we had a good time while she was there. In the end she turned to me and said you're not at all what he said you were. She told me what a great person I was and that meant a lot to me. She also told me I was doing the right thing by divorcing her brother.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Snowbunny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbunny View Post
    During the time that I was going through the whole ordeal that I went through I was peaved at the girls for not having any respect, but when it was all said and done it was my ex-husband who had feed the girls all this crap about me. They only knew me by what he had told them about me. His sister who didn't get to really know me until after I filed for the divorce came to visit for a week and I decided that she wasn't the problem, but rather he was so we had a good time while she was there. In the end she turned to me and said you're not at all what he said you were. She told me what a great person I was and that meant a lot to me. She also told me I was doing the right thing by divorcing her brother.
    bolded by me.

You hit the nail on the head: the girlfriend is believing whatever lies come out of the husband's mouth. (IF there is a girlfriend--I know there is, but I have to say that since it's not verified.)
    Last edited by Columbo; 05-29-2011 at 09:36 PM.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast