Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    I laughed at that too, TheDoormouse. I'm sure they mean they defend anyone whether they plead guilty, no contest, innocent, whatever, but the way they worded it is just so tacky.

The professional searchers were working over the Memorial Day weekend, if I recall correctly. They even asked the volunteers to not search this weekend because the pros were going to be out there. Has anyone heard anything from them?
    WHERE IS GAIL PALMGREN?
    Discussion thread * Media links * Timeline

"Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action." -- Auric Goldfinger

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorias For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by carolinagirl56 View Post
    The police station is not far from her house. If she was being followed, I wonder why she did not just drive there.
    That is an excellent question and a great idea. I know of people who have done just that when scared on the road. I would suggest to anybody who reads this, to keep that idea tucked away and hope never to need it.

I don't know of anybody who has done that without thinking of it ahead of time. Just like we're posting now, to plant the thought. My guess is that she was too scared to THINK to drive there or that she was somehow prevented from driving there.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pearl* For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RavenTrue View Post
    Was it her in the Jeep? Yes, according to friend/neighbor.

What if preplanned to appear as her in tinted windows? Far stranger things have happened.

Why no wave, or hello to her best friend? I don't think it was her. I stand by that, she cannot be certain. Most of all, why? Because she didn't roll down window to speak, or anything like they would normally do. She never really saw her.
    For what it's worth, I thought the same thing. There were several posts along the lines of this debate during the week or so that you were sick and off the board. I will say that I am satisfied that JBean knows. We threw around a variety of possibilities that could have involved trickery, etc., but JBean says it was her. So I think it was her.

Since you made a comment in another post last night about having your first baby "in a few," I think I can say here on the board that I hope you feel GREAT from now to delivery and that you keep yourself and baby OUT of the hospital until you're SUPPOSED to be there! NO more complications, okay? We want you here and reading daily!

(Once you start chasing the baby that learned to crawl, there'll be no more reading for a few years....)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pearl* For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    It is now one month since Gail Marie went missing. I was in a drug store on Friday filling a prescription for my son at their pharmacy and I started crying right in the middle of the store. Gail's first job was a clerk at a pharmacy; I used to visit her at work many times. She had wanted to be a Pharmacist since HS and had always planned on attending grad school to get her PharmD. This, however, was not part of her dream.

Where is Gail Marie???

{{{HUGS}}}

I read here every day...and wrack my brain everyday....

The more time that passes, the more that I fear something foul happened.

She just wouldn't leave her children and her sister and friends to worry like this.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shelby1 For This Useful Post:

If I were to ever go "missing." Please don't let it be in TN!
    The TBI are silent, and for a very good reason,
    Holly, and now Gail....they have nada. But, they ARE silent about them.
    I would be too.

What kind of LE is this?
    Tennessee actually does as well as any other state. There are thousands of unsolved missing persons cases all over the country, not just here. And they don't have to tell us everything they are doing. We just have to learn how to cope with our own impatience.

They just found a woman missing from East Ridge last week:
    Missing Woman Found Dead in Sequatchie
    (Her husband didn't wait 48 hours to report her missing, however)

And for every young person lost, such as Holly Bobo, there are kids found, such as the girl who went missing at Christmas in Wartburg. She's Safe: Authorities Locate Missing Morgan County Girl

Funny, but once people are found, no one ever thanks the police for finding them so quickly. The vast majority of people who are lost in Tennessee are found within a week.

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:

Huh, what, what?
    A post by me is showing in your post where you were addressing Snowbunny. Go back and look. Not a real big deal but you should have quoted the Snowbunny post you were referring to, not mine. It's just confusing, that's all.
    Last edited by Columbo; 05-30-2011 at 11:01 AM.

Apparently someone is emailing people and telling them not to post at the Bring Gail Home Now Facebook page. Wonder who???

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-...10209109009469

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:

If I were to ever go "missing." Please don't let it be in TN!
    The TBI are silent, and for a very good reason,
    Holly, and now Gail....they have nada. But, they ARE silent about them.
    I would be too.

What kind of LE is this?
    Quote Originally Posted by happy409 View Post
    Here in TN I feel the same!

The 'vibe' on the mountain is that this is 'tarnishing' our safe living, mountain experience (although this doesn't normally happen) BUT, where what does happen behind closed doors is NEVER what it appears....

What does it mean when there is an unusual presence of TN State Troopers?

Memorial Day??
    Been trying to figure out for a while how to get two quotes in a post. Finally!

Seriously, I don't think it's a Tennessee thing, although I'm sure it looks a little that way, with two cases so close together. From what I've seen, our laws are better than those in some other states. As far as enforcement...it's such an individualized thing, and I don't think the state has anything to do with it.

Earlier on, I felt differently, but at this point, a month down the pike, I think Tennessee's LE is probably doing as well as could be expected. There's a time for publicity and a time to keep quiet, and I just wonder if now is the time for them to stay quiet and build a case. Just a guess on my part.

Ah, yes. I agree about the vibe on the mountain. So many people just don't get it... that the concept of a community with no domestic troubles is a fantasy. In fact, I think communities that operate under that mindset may have more problems than others. People up here live with a lot of escalation before they're willing to admit trouble and put up with the gossip and social backlash. It's hard to admit "failure" in a community where most people feel surrounded by "success."

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pearl* For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
    Apparently someone is emailing people and telling them not to post at the Bring Gail Home Now Facebook page. Wonder who???

Hmmm. I think that's a fairly big deal that should (and could) be tracked down. I have reason to believe the guy who posted the alert on that is credible.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pearl* For This Useful Post:

I hope they can nip that in the bud quickly!

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthy1 View Post
    Ok...np...I will find them...I seem to be sorely lacking in my WS etiquette these days...sorry about that
    Sleuthy1, welcome to my world!

I messed up several times earlier on but am gradually learning and reforming.

Mods seem to be forgiving and understanding of us newbies.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pearl* For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl* View Post
    Hmmm. I think that's a fairly big deal that should (and could) be tracked down. I have reason to believe the guy who posted the alert on that is credible.
    It looks like whoever posted it must be in charge of the site? That's all I could figure from looking at the post. I'm not into Facebook enough to know.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:

It looks like whoever posted it must be in charge of the site? That's all I could figure from looking at the post. I'm not into Facebook enough to know.
    I'm guessing that the "Bring Gail Home" person is in charge of the site, since it is the same name. Scrolling down, I think the initial alert was posted by somebody else. I also see that the alert has now been repeated several times for emphasis, all by credible people.

I don't think it matters who "blew the whistle" though. I think LE can track inappropriate posts/messages, wherever they may be, through IP addresses. Hopefully that can happen quickly. Identity of that person could be valuable clue.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pearl* For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl* View Post
    I'm guessing that the "Bring Gail Home" person is in charge of the site, since it is the same name. Scrolling down, I think the initial alert was posted by somebody else. I also see that the alert has now been repeated several times for emphasis, all by credible people.

I don't think it matters who "blew the whistle" though. I think LE can track inappropriate posts/messages, wherever they may be, through IP addresses. Hopefully that can happen quickly. Identity of that person could be valuable clue.
    Thanks, you dug a little deeper than I did into the Facebook page and got more info!
    I really agree --it would be great if LE could track this person down--and quickly! It might help the investigation.
    Last edited by Columbo; 05-30-2011 at 12:35 PM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:

"All cases are different," Hoss said. "It is very typical for anyone who is dealing with law enforcement to use the sources of a lawyer to be a voice and a go-between."
    "The next week, on April 29, police were dispatched a third time when the couple got into an argument at the Signal Mountain Police station, after which Palmgren and her children left to go to the family's lake house in Alabama. During this dispatch, Palmgren was also given phone numbers of a safe place to stay, according to the report." [LINK TO ARTICLE]

new article from this morning with a recap and 2 interesting new tidbits.

So MP himself is not talking to LE? (that's what seems to be implied here)

The 4/29 incident occurred at the SM Police Station?!

29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jrb0124 For This Useful Post:

Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast