1136 users online (215 members and 921 guests)  

Websleuths News

Thumbs up Accused War Criminal Ratko Mladic Caught After A Decade And A Half.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...le_wsj_gadgv1&

* MAY 26, 2011, 3:03 P.M. ET
    Mladic Arrested in Serbia
    By MARC CHAMPION

Ratko Mladic, the Bosnian Serb general accused of directing the 1995 Srebrenica massacre of some 8,000 Muslim men, was captured in Serbia on Thursday after a decade and a half on the run from an indictment for genocide.

Serbia's President Boris Tadic announced the arrest at a press conference, where he described Gen. Mladic's capture as "good for Serbia," and said it would open the doors for his country to start talks to join the European Union.

"I think today we finished a difficult period in our recent history. We clear our name and the name of all Serbs, wherever they are," Mr. Tadic said....

I have rarely been as contented as I was this morning when I read this. He is captured and alive and he will, please God, receive a measure of punishment for what he did. I appreciate down to the ground the fact that he didnt put a bullet into his own brain like Hitler did in order to avoid any consequences.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

May justice be served. With the capture of Mladic, there is now only one Serb war criminal at large.

This is near to my heart as I have been to Bosnia and it is a beautiful place with beautiful and resilient people.

RATko - says it all.
    Saw a clip of him smiling while reassuring the children and women of the village that everything was fine, handing out candy.
    Just before he slaughtered ALL the men of the village.
    Animal.

The ugly side of humanity is REAL UGLY! Thank goodness that the good side of society is broad and wide!

I can understand (at least at an intellectual level) that those who live in societies where there is NO hope, can do things that those of us who live in a privileged society cannot imagine. But to do things in the name of "our society is better than yours", whether on the basis of genetic heritage or religion, is completely beyond my scope of understanding and imagination. Some people have such a narcissistic ego, that they are a detriment to society. I am glad that Mladic will face judgement.
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopster View Post
    The ugly side of humanity is REAL UGLY! Thank goodness that the good side of society is broad and wide!

I can understand (at least at an intellectual level) that those who live in societies where there is NO hope, can do things that those of us who live in a privileged society cannot imagine. But to do things in the name of "our society is better than yours", whether on the basis of genetic heritage or religion, is completely beyond my scope of understanding and imagination. Some people have such a narcissistic ego, that they are a detriment to society. I am glad that Mladic will face judgement.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe...ex.html?hpt=T2

Mladic too ill to face genocide charges, his lawyer says
    From Nic Robertson, CNN Senior International Correspondent
    May 30, 2011 6:32 a.m. EDT

Belgrade, Serbia (CNN) -- Ratko Mladic's lawyer has requested a new medical examination for the former Bosnian Serb general, arguing that Mladic is not healthy enough to face charges of genocide at the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia, he said Monday.

Mladic would not be able to participate in a trial because of his ill health, lawyer Milos Saljic said....

Well, I think when you realize that his victims were too healthy to die this is a weak argument. If they have to wheel him in on a hospital gurney for trial then so be it. JMO