Mommie Dearest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darcedarce

It's not easy to tell you goodbye
Reaction score
All day long we listened to testimony from ICA's former friends & acquaintances who upon cross examination testified to her being, basically, a good mother. It seems she was the perfect mother, according to JB. Never yelled at Caylee, didn't abuse her (or torture her :waitasec:)...It got me thinking that ICA was TOO perfect in front of others.

As a mother to three (soon to be four) babies, ages 6, 4, & 3...I can't think of any of my friends and family that would get on the stand and talk about how I never once made a parenting mistake in their presence. Obviously I don't abuse or torture my children but there have been instances where I've yelled and I certainly get frustrated with them. Certainly there have been times where I'm not all grins and giggles as ICA is reported to be when caring for Caylee.

Is this all part of ICA's ruse of a life or was she really just the perfect mother who snapped?

I think KC was "on" when she was with her friends, she was certainly not the character Caylee got when they were alone-- KC is a huge faker almost all the time. Incredible.

eta: I was going to post the "wire hangar" scene from Mommy Dearest, but toooooo spooky!

I doubt that ICA was a wonderful mother to Caylee Marie when nobody else was around to observe what went on. These guys that JB is questioning were not in the presence of Caylee Marie often enough to make that judgement. The fact that Caylee Marie was well-fed and had clean clothing does not prove ICA was a good caring mother, since CA and GA provided all those necessities for Caylee Marie. I don't want to imagine what kind of unwitnessed treatment ICA provided to "the little snothead".

I think KC was "on" when she was with her friends, she was certainly not the character Caylee got when they were alone-- KC is a huge faker almost all the time. Incredible.

eta: I was going to post the "wire hangar" scene from Mommy Dearest, but toooooo spooky!

I was about to say the same. She could be "perfect" while she was being observed by people that she wanted to impress. We know from the videos, that when alone, she was anything but engeaged with her baby.

Caylee loved her mother. There is not one indication whatsoever she was mean to Caylee in private. No one has said anything negative about her relationship with her daughter, thankfully.

I doubt that ICA was a wonderful mother to Caylee Marie when nobody else was around to observe what went on. These guys that JB is questioning were not in the presence of Caylee Marie often enough to make that judgement. The fact that Caylee Marie was well-fed and had clean clothing does not prove ICA was a good caring mother, since CA and GA provided all those necessities for Caylee Marie. I don't want to imagine what kind of unwitnessed treatment ICA provided to "the little snothead".

You know, that's a great point! The SA should have made a big deal about it as the DT did "You didn't know ICA all that well did you? To know if she and Caylee truly loved each other?"

Caylee loved her mother. There is not one indication whatsoever she was mean to Caylee in private. No one has said anything negative about her relationship with her daughter, thankfully.

Respectfully, I don't know of many abused kids who don't love their parents and even though abused they still crave their attention/affection/approval. :(

Am I the only one that doesn't think KC was a great mother? I don't see how dragging your child around your life is being a good mother. No 'Mommy & Me" playdates, no letting Caylee have HER OWN childhood. Letting a child roam around an apartment and answer the door by herself--in this day and age no less; leaving her child alone in an apartment with the balcony door open; putting her child to bed on a friend's couch while she parties; having her child sleep in bed with her boyfriends. Whaaaat!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remarkable that folks who have testified Casey was a great Mom knew her a very short time. Tony hardly saw Caylee but a few times. Even those who had known her longer did not see her often. Casey presented to others exactly what she wanted them to see.

I think having Caylee sleep in bed with ICA and her boyfriends is "child abuse". You know they were having s*x
They never explainged the black eye either. A leopard doesn't lose it's spots and I don't believe a Mother than can kill her child has never been abusive. We haven't ruled out that Zanny was Xanax either. I have no doubt she acted differently with her Friends than she did alone with Caylee. She is one big walking LIE.

All day long we listened to testimony from ICA's former friends & acquaintances who upon cross examination testified to her being, basically, a good mother. It seems she was the perfect mother, according to JB. Never yelled at Caylee, didn't abuse her (or torture her :waitasec:)...It got me thinking that ICA was TOO perfect in front of others.

As a mother to three (soon to be four) babies, ages 6, 4, & 3...I can't think of any of my friends and family that would get on the stand and talk about how I never once made a parenting mistake in their presence. Obviously I don't abuse or torture my children but there have been instances where I've yelled and I certainly get frustrated with them. Certainly there have been times where I'm not all grins and giggles as ICA is reported to be when caring for Caylee.

Is this all part of ICA's ruse of a life or was she really just the perfect mother who snapped?

I agree with you. When I was a kid my Mom, as well as all the mothers in our neighborhood yelled a lot!!! BUT we were not abused nor murdered.

I don't understand how JB thinks it won't totally backfire to portray ICA as someone who can act SO WELL that none of her friends knew anything wrong after she supposedly witnessed her daughter drown to death and then her body be hidden by her abusive father. One could easily reason that a person capable of putting on such an act in the face of something so overwhelming could easily put on the "good mom" face for shorter periods of time in the face of far less stress. Abusers do it all the time.

I mean, really, you can't have it both ways. All of her former friends who testified that her love for Caylee was "genuine" also testified that her behavior was totally normal and happy while her daughter was actually dead. She's either a great actress or not, and I'm sure her former friends don't consider her a great mom just because she appeared that way sometimes, anymore than they consider her a carefree party girl with a nanny and a great job just because she acted that way for 31 days. The jurors aren't stupid and they'll see that too.

I talk about sociopaths a lot on here. I am blessed with having one in my life who is the bio dad of one of my children. I can tell you that I really thought that this man was an amazing father. He and I both had children from previous relationships and he was A M A Z I N G with my children and with his own. I was really excited about our daughter and couldn't wait to see how he would act with her and what an amazing life she would have with this wonderful man........who told me he was going to do something and would be back in time for dinner, 8 days before she was born and the next time I saw him I was having my cheek swabbed for a DNA test. Not because he thought that she wasn't his, but by his own admission to the nurse doing the test he was "stalling." Child support in VA is due from the date you file--unless! You request a DNA test and no matter how many continuances you ask for, the money doesn't start being due until the day you get them into court, even though you are mailed the results within 10 days. In her 4 years, he has not spent 24 hours total with her and goes sometimes 9 months without even sending a text message to as if she is okay.

Some of you may remember a couple weeks ago I mentioned this and said that out of the blue he wanted to start having her for weekends and I was going to be fighting it. I was told this on Easter, in the middle of a visit that lasted no more than 1.5 hours. At the 1.5 hour mark, he "got sick" and would be back in a day or two to see her again. He promised. He promised her. Haven't heard from him since. ;)

Another sociopath that I know of is my kid's step grandfather on their father's side. I can't even begin to go into detail, but he is a vile individual who I suspect of child abuse and sexual abuse to more than one person. I have no proof, so until I can get some there is little I can do. Especially since he is a coach for the Special Olympics, made coach of the year several times, Parent Volunteer of the year 3 years running at the school his daughter attends, Best Coach in the League for Baseball 2 years running and the list goes on and on. When he comes home at night he tells his wife how much he can't stand spending all of his time with "Those retards." One of which is his own daughter.

Sorry to be long winded. But sociopaths can fool the best of us. I fully believe that she could pull off being super mom. Older, talking, getting into stuff Caylee wasn't around that long. :(

We have to think of it like this... How much time did Casey actually spend with Caylee? Cindy and George watched Caylee 90% of the time (according to George). Casey didn't work or have any financial responsibilities other than to hack into her mothers bank account. She didn't provide food, clothing, shelter, medical care, etc... to Caylee. Cindy did all that. Casey did not have all the stresses in life that a lot of young single mothers have.

Casey was never Caylee's mother. Never! She only appeared to be for appearances sake. That is not hard to do when you only have your child 10% of the time. Casey was Caylee's babysitter... nothing more... nothing less.

Speaks volumes to me to know that Casey put Caylee into bed with her and God only knows how many men, that's major child abuse right there.

~jmo~

Respectfully, I don't know of many abused kids who don't love their parents and even though abused they still crave their attention/affection/approval. :(

I agree darce. I worked as a clerk in the Juvenile Abuse/Neglect/Delinquency field for 2+ years and the toddlers would cry and reach for their abusive/neglectful mothers/fathers as they were being taken away.

I realize the questions to the jurors were about how Casey treated Caylee and if Caylee seemed to love Casey, but always acting nice doesn't mean much. According to what Baez is saying, Casey could have hated Caylee, and been planning her death, but she would still be acting as if not a thing was wrong. Wonder if he thought the jurors might realized that.

I think having Caylee sleep in bed with ICA and her boyfriends is "child abuse". You know they were having s*x
They never explainged the black eye either. A leopard doesn't lose it's spots and I don't believe a Mother than can kill her child has never been abusive. We haven't ruled out that Zanny was Xanax either. I have no doubt she acted differently with her Friends than she did alone with Caylee. She is one big walking LIE.

I completely agree!! I think having Caylee sleep in the bed with her and Ricardo was completely inappropriate. He was not a father figure to Caylee, he was just one of the many men in ICA's life and I can't imagine how it wouldn't have been damaging to Caylee to see that behavior as normal. No wonder she didn't sleep well.

Am I the only one that doesn't think KC was a great mother? I don't see how dragging your child around your life is being a good mother. No 'Mommy & Me" playdates, no letting Caylee have HER OWN childhood. Letting a child roam around an apartment and answer the door by herself--in this day and age no less; leaving her child alone in an apartment with the balcony door open; putting her child to bed on a friend's couch while she parties; having her child sleep in bed with her boyfriends. Whaaaat!!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally agree. I think more needs to be made of it instead of the "look how perfect she was, nobody this perfect could murder their child" where I see it as she's TOO perfect in front of people if this is how they all see her, because it's not realistic.

I don't understand how JB thinks it won't totally backfire to portray ICA as someone who can act SO WELL that none of her friends knew anything wrong after she supposedly witnessed her daughter drown to death and then her body be hidden by her abusive father. One could easily reason that a person capable of putting on such an act in the face of something so overwhelming could easily put on the "good mom" face for shorter periods of time in the face of far less stress. Abusers do it all the time.

I mean, really, you can't have it both ways. All of her former friends who testified that her love for Caylee was "genuine" also testified that her behavior was totally normal and happy while her daughter was actually dead. She's either a great actress or not, and I'm sure her former friends don't consider her a great mom just because she appeared that way sometimes, anymore than they consider her a carefree party girl with a nanny and a great job just because she acted that way for 31 days. The jurors aren't stupid and they'll see that too.

That's a really good point! Can't have it both ways...oh but they're trying. I so so hope the jury sees through this farce.

I agree darce. I worked as a clerk in the Juvenile Abuse/Neglect/Delinquency field for 2+ years and the toddlers would cry and reach for their abusive/neglectful mothers/fathers as they were being taken away.

I was just going to say, no matter how long Livy's dad is gone, when she sees him she takes his finger and follows him wherever he wants to take her. Like they see each other every day. Makes me kinda sick. And you can totally see her trying to impress him and him totally acting like he is father of the year. When they are that little it isn't hard to fake it.

I realize the questions to the jurors were about how Casey treated Caylee and if Caylee seemed to love Casey, but always acting nice doesn't mean much. According to what Baez is saying, Casey could have hated Caylee, and been planning her death, but she would still be acting as if not a thing was wrong. Wonder if he thought the jurors might realized that.

Right, and oh well if she was because "she was raised to lie" so it's not her fault. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth