2011.05.26 - After the jury was dismissed today....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
"But after the jurors left, defense attorney Cheney Mason said he would file a motion for a mistrial. Mason was not happy with the repetitive nature of the state's questioning with regard to Casey's demeanor in the month before Caylee Anthony was reported missing. After some contemplation, Judge Belvin Perry dismissed the motion. "

Also, Tony L. gave testimony while the jury was not in the room. "According to Lazzaro, Casey said Lee tried to "feel her up" on her chest when she was younger."

<snipped>

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/new...thony-to-defense-Youre-trying-to-get-me-upset

I wonder how many times the DT will ask for a mistrial in this case? :waiting:

And will HHJP allow TL to testify about the accusations against Lee in front of the jury?

I posted about this in the Tony L testimony thread Kim, not sure if you want me to move it over here!

I posted about this in the Tony L testimony thread Kim, not sure if you want me to move it over here!

Oh sorry! I must have overlooked it! It's fine to leave there. I mainly wanted to bring this to the attention of those who didn't watch the trial today.

The issue of the request from Mason wanting a mistrial is still here too.

Just IMO, but I do not think was a chance of the mistrial motion being granted.

As far as TL is concerned, I found him to be very credible. He said good things about Casey as well as the bad. To me, this makes me feel he is doing his level best to be honest.

I hope TL's testimony will be admitted and before he has to leave to go back home. Surely testimony such as this would be taped if not allowed in now. Simply reading it into the record would not have as much an impact, IMO.

**I really don't believe Casey was sexually abused by George. JMO

I so wish the jury had seen Tony testify. There was no cockiness about him. The judge questioned him directly, and you could tell he was uncomfortable recounting the details, but he did a great job. ICA was NOT a happy camper.

It was taped! In session, wftv, HLN.... I sure the media would love to help out!! ; )

Wow! I didn't know you could ask for a mistrial because you didn't like the line of questioning! I bet the SA could ask for one based of the bull-chit that JB shoveled during his opening statement if that is the case. moo

What?! CM wants a mistrial because HE doesn't approve of the questions from the State?! Well, by all means then, that's enough for me. :floorlaugh:

Dear Lord! I really believe this man in not in possesion of all his faculties. For real.

I believe he was asked to stay over. He was "excused for the night" is what I read, so that implies to me that he will possibly testify in the morning. But, I don't know the actual answer. Maybe someone else knows?

IIRC....TL said that she told him that story about LA late June or early July so that is after Caylee died.

I figure she was planning ahead and thinking about setting LA up OR maybe that was an excuse as to why she couldn't stay with LA instead of TL. I wish they had questioned TL about the circumstances in which the conversion came up.

Glad to see a post on this because I just caught a second of it on Nancy Grace and for those of us who did not get to watch, it was definately something that needed pointed out. I found him very credible and respectful of the situation....I cannot say enough how glad I am that he said he DID NOT believe the accusations against GA. That something I hope the jury is allowed to see.

While CM was begging for a mistrial, I was watching the Casey cam on wftv. I couldn't believe how angry ICA was! She bared her teeth at JB like a rabid dog!! Did anyone else watch that part?

How can TL testify without the jury present? Was it for a motion that was presented?? How can this happen? Anybody?????? Buehler???????

I strongly dislike George and Cindy.
But thinking that Baez made all this up about sexual abuse - I just can't contemplate that. Will that affect Baez in the future at all?

While CM was begging for a mistrial, I was watching the Casey cam on wftv. I couldn't believe how angry ICA was! She bared her teeth at JB like a rabid dog!! Did anyone else watch that part?

CM probably thinks a mistrial will get him off this case sooner.

How can TL testify without the jury present? Was it for a motion that was presented?? How can this happen? Anybody?????? Buehler???????

This was a result of a sidebar before lunch. JB kept trying to insinuate something about abuse in his questioning of TL and the SA kept objecting so HHJP wanted to bring him in without the jury present to find out what TL knew.

I wonder how many times the DT will ask for a mistrial in this case? :waiting:

And will HHJP allow TL to testify about the accusations against Lee in front of the jury?

Isn't that hearsay, Casey telling TL something about LA that hasn't even been proven true? If so, I'm not seeing HHJP allowing it. :waitasec:

they called it something like profit testimony...prophet, maybe propit? i am not sure of the spelling so i couldnt find a for sure definition...BUT - i think its used to try and make something a "fact" to be used in Court and for the Jury - like the maybe the jury would have to accept it as evidence in Casey's favor. It did not go the way they hoped. I believe Casey would have to testify to it?

...hopefully someone who knows what they are talking about can come better explain it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123