Does JB Believe the Story he is Telling? *MERGED*

Never4GetCaylee

Reaction score
I think it's been proven that Casey is a convincing liar. She is manipulative and and practiced. She convinced poor Amy she hid money in her sleep!

Sooooooooooooooooo, has she convinced JB of the story she came up with? Does he believe her? Does he believe the whole thing? Parts of it? None of it?

What about CM and the rest of her DT?

I think JB probably believes the abuse, but not the part about the drowning and George disposing of poor Caylee's body. Not really. He's going with it, but I don't think he believes it. I don't base this on much more than a feeling/impresson. I can see her being believable on the abuse. I can't see how anyone can believe George was involved in the pool story.

Oh hell no! I am sure that by this point in their relationship JB is fully aware at what an accomplished bullplop artist his client is. I would hope he lost any illusions on the first day when she promised him a $4000 check that she did not have.

I think she had him at first ...then he saw dollar signs and the promise of making himself a NAME ..

When you listen to her speak she has that "Casey Speak" down pat...

I don't think even JB could believe that drivel. I do think he probably thinks Caylee's death was an accident and he may believe that she was abused but I think he put GA at the scene because it didn't look good having KC dispose of her accidentally dead child's body in a swamp with duct tape over her face or maybe KC came up with that gem herself and he went along with it because he couldn't come up with anything better.

No, but I don't suppose that's his job to determine-UNLESS his client has outright told him it's a lie, then he would have some 'splainin to do...to the Bar.

IIRC JB stated on 7/18/08 - 2 days after KC was arrested - (on NG I think) that there was a very reasonable explanation for the whole delay in reporting the incident...or the kidnapping

(I think that is pretty much direct quote - but it has been almost 3 years so forgive me if it's not exact) and a reasonable explanation for the lies told to LE (not direct quote - I think he said something like "misrepresentations") - he also said he couldn't lay out his whole defense because his client was under arrest

I think he's probably heard several diffferent stories from his client in the past 3 years - none of which were the truth but he's spent the past 3 years trying to decide which one to go with - how he decided to use one that is so completely absurd is really beyond me - but I doubt that he actually believed many of the things he said in his opening

I do think he might have actually thought there was a Zeniada or at least a nanny or babysitter in those early days and wonder just when he finally realized there wasn't and also wonder how many times during the last 3 years that he had a different reasonable explanation for the 31 days and just when he decided on the version he told in his opening

He will later claim that he believed her, and that it was his "Duty" to defend her. I wonder if he still believes that this case is going to make him rich and famous. I don't believe him, and I do believe he crossed the line between representing her and mis-representing the truth. Bad things can happen when you make deals with the devil.

I don't think JB even remembers the story he is telling, much less believes it. :giggle:

I've heard stories about defense lawyers all my life, but I always thought if they believed their clients were were guilty, they deserved a vigorous defense. This case is going beyond vigorous defense, IMO. I've never seen anything like it...just making accusations and naming names. Shouldn't they have to offer proof? GA is not on trial here, and this seems so danged unfair. I can't even begin to guess what JB believes, but surely, without proof, this story would hard to swallow. Did he just accept this documented liar's word? I know this is a death penalty case, but omg, I think they're going down the wrong road here... this story as a whole, is so illogical and so unprovable, and so contradictory, and such a mess. MOO.

OK, so I have been thinking and this is my opinion only. Sociopaths have no true feelings..they lie..they use..they do not like it if you are not on the same page with them and will make sure your life is miserable if you do not agree with them. KC is trying to take down her family. My thought is this. When this trial is over (whatever the verdict) When all is said and done watch out JB KC most likely will take you down too!! Cheney you just might be in her path also.
Don't forget all the time she spent in your office is 2008, all day, everyday. Bet KC will be accusing you of some dirty deed.MOO

No, but a defense attorneys job isn't to believe or not to believe. It isn't even to persuade the jury of a story (though in a case like this he really does have to come up with something to explain this type of behavior), it's to provide innocent reasons why she did what the prosecutors are providing as proof of guilt. And really...what does the man have? There is a fine line, IMO, of a moral defense attorney and a .... well let's say a man with little to no integrity. Is that going to get me time out? Hope not. Anyway...JB crossed that line a long time ago. Then again, IMO there isn't a moral defense attorney that could really defend her.

I am not sure JB knows what he believes anymore.

I was wondering...does anyone know when JB started in on the "Just wait till you hear the whole story" line...I almost think I remember him saying it when the remains were found.

I couldn't be a defense attorney, no way, no how. Money, fame, power ect could never equate to losing my soul. The way I understand it, it is not a defense attorney's responsibility to believe or disbelieve a client. He can't manufacture the defense as far as I know, he can only execute the story and defend the story the client gives him based on the evidence. I couldn't sleep at night knowing what I know being in a position to defend this one lady in particular. He may very well know her story is bunk, but he has a job to do and in the interim, fame and fortune are far more important to him than his soul.

I don't believe that JB believes this "story". In watching the past few days, he is being very transparent about it as well. Just my observations, but I have noticed that he is desperately trying to make the facts fit his "story". Like putting a square peg in a round hole.

There have also been times, where he even seems to forget his "story". One example is - In his opening, he said the sex abuse started at age 8. Later when questioning a witness he says 10.

When you lie so often, it can be difficult to keep them straight. You don't have to have a good memory when you tell the truth.

Imo, they both make the lies up as they go along. They deserve each other

Will the state get the opportunity to play the jail house videos for the jury?
That would be a slam dunk!

IIRC JB stated on 7/18/08 - 2 days after KC was arrested - (on NG I think) that there was a very reasonable explanation for the whole delay in reporting the incident...or the kidnapping

(I think that is pretty much direct quote - but it has been almost 3 years so forgive me if it's not exact) and a reasonable explanation for the lies told to LE (not direct quote - I think he said something like "misrepresentations") - he also said he couldn't lay out his whole defense because his client was under arrest

I think he's probably heard several diffferent stories from his client in the past 3 years - none of which were the truth but he's spent the past 3 years trying to decide which one to go with - how he decided to use one that is so completely absurd is really beyond me - but I doubt that he actually believed many of the things he said in his opening

I do think he might have actually thought there was a Zeniada or at least a nanny or babysitter in those early days and wonder just when he finally realized there wasn't and also wonder how many times during the last 3 years that he had a different reasonable explanation for the 31 days and just when he decided on the version he told in his opening

Perhaps he's convinced she's guilty too, but doesn't give a rat's behind, because he's going to make a name for himself in the process. Because remember, there's a new law that states that he can't drop her as a client. So the story he used in O.S. was outlandish, full of high drama for attention and the most difficult to disprove.

I dunno with these two anymore.

I don't think JB believes the story he's telling. In his opening statements, he wasn't believeable to me as he was talking. That's probably why he didn't want CA and GA in the room because it would have been a lot easier to lie without them around. It almost felt like the statements were rehearsed so much, it was if he was reading instead of telling.

OK, so I have been thinking and this is my opinion only. Sociopaths have no true feelings..they lie..they use..they do not like it if you are not on the same page with them and will make sure your life is miserable if you do not agree with them. KC is trying to take down her family. My thought is this. When this trial is over (whatever the verdict) When all is said and done watch out JB KC most likely will take you down too!! Cheney you just might be in her path also.
Don't forget all the time she spent in your office is 2008, all day, everyday. Bet KC will be accusing you of some dirty deed.MOO

Interesting..... very interesting. Hadn't considered her trying this, although I would not be surprised. Nothing from her would surprise me.

I am not sure JB knows what he believes anymore.

I was wondering...does anyone know when JB started in on the "Just wait till you hear the whole story" line...I almost think I remember him saying it when the remains were found.

There was a video dated August 30 2008 that shows JB saying that there are some very compelling reasons ICA is not talking and he'll reveal them at the right time and place. He also says in this video that the LE should be looking for Caylee. It starts at about 7:25 of the video provided by ynotdivein in this post:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6365361&postcount=806"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - WHAT Has Been Said & By WHOM... That Baffles You? (aka Oh No They Didn't!)[/ame]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back