583 users online (75 members and 508 guests)  

Websleuths News

Not Of This World

Thumbs up Blackbeard's anchor recovered off NC coast

MOREHEAD CITY, N.C. – An anchor from what's believed to be the wreck of the pirate Blackbeard's flagship has been raised from the ocean floor off the North Carolina coast.

Archaeologists believe the anchor recovered Friday is from the Queen Anne's Revenge, which sank in 1718. That was five months before Blackbeard was killed in a battle.

The recovery coincides with the release this month of "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides." The movie features both Blackbeard and the Queen Anne's Revenge.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

That's quite the coincidence, isn't it? And under twenty feet, hmmmm, I feel like the Anchor Bunny stopped by. jmo

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

Thanks for this DK. I have always been fascinated by shipwrecks and anything recovered from them. Hey, maybe this was Blackbeard's way of a shout-out for being mentioned in the movie!
    "This Time We Get it Right!"

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary.
    For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." Stuart Chase

How cool is that!!
    "Don't pee on my head and tell me it's raining" ~Judge Judy

Revenge is beneath me , but accidents DO happen .