Last Chance to See Space Shuttle Endeavour in Night Sky … Ever

Dark Knight

Reaction score
With NASA's space shuttle Endeavour set to undock from the International Space Station late Sunday (May 29), skywatchers across much of the United States and southern Canada are in for a real treat: They'll have one last chance to see Endeavour in the night sky before the shuttle retires for good.

The best times to look for Endeavour and the space station will be before sunrise on Monday and Tuesday (May 30 and 31). Weather permitting, there should be opportunities to see both the Endeavour and space station flying across the sky from many locations.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20110527/sc_space/lastchancetoseespaceshuttleendeavourinnightskyeve

Okay, hope this isn't a stupid question...Which direction do I look and what am I looking for, will it look like a star or big light?????

Thanks DK & I must add that this is a fun thing to do with your kids, friends or significant other.... And there is only 1 more chance to see a shuttle launch if you can make it to the cape in July. It is an incredible sight!
Here is a shot I took of Discovery in February:
IMG_7088ppc.jpg

I have the maiden voyage of the Endeavour captured on video tape. I guess I should cherish it, knowing that it will never be seen again. I lived about 15 minutes from the Kennedy Space Center and was able to capture many launches from my backyard. But going there to actually view it was the best. To hear the rumble and see that bright light was a wonderful experience.

Okay, hope this isn't a stupid question...Which direction do I look and what am I looking for, will it look like a star or big light?????

This should help:

On Monday, Endeavour and the space station will be traveling across North America on southwest-to-northeast trajectories and should appear as a pair of very "bright stars." The space station should appear as the noticeably brighter object and will be trailing Endeavour as they move across the sky.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43196938/ns/technology_and_science-space

cool, hope I remember to set my alarm ...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back