Why Did Judge Perry Change His Decision about the Myspace posting?

whiteangora

I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"
Reaction score
Judge Perry made a ruling Feb 11, 2011 allowing Cindy's Myspace posting "My Caylee is Missing" to be allowed as evidence at trial. Why did he change his mind now? I'm afraid Baez is going to slowly whittle away at all of the evidence that the jury should be seeing by his constant objections NOW after this stuff was supposed to be admitted.
Below is a link to JP's ruling to let the Myspace into evidence.
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/26834014/detail.html

I'm afraid that this is only the beginning. I understand that JP wants to be cautious and all but imo that Myspace posting by Cindy was a huge piece of the puzzle and illustrated the tensions between Cindy and Casey. I just don't get why JP thought it was ok back in Feb and now all of a sudden it's not.

IMO HHJP never changed his mind. When HHJP ruled that the Myspace be allowed at trial...he did so with the understanding that proper predicate would be established by the State.

JB objected to the MySpace entry being admitted at this time. Apparently JB was successful in establishing that the proper predicate had not been established and as JSR stated in another post....it was prejudicial to KC.

Does that mean that it will never come in? Nope...just not yet.

HHJP is one of the smartest Judges I have ever seen. His recall of case law is second to none.

I have no concerns about any of HHJP's rulings because his record is unmatched. He knows best....we must learn patience.

The SAO will attempt to introduce much more than they need. I have no concerns.

IMO HHJP never changed his mind. When HHJP ruled that the Myspace be allowed at trial...he did so with the understanding that proper predicate would be established by the State.

JB objected to the MySpace entry being admitted at this time. Apparently JB was successful in establishing that the proper predicate had not been established and as JSR stated in another post....it was prejudicial to KC.

HHJP is one of the smartest Judges I have ever seen. His recall of case law is second to none.

I have no concerns about any of HHJP's rulings because his record is unmatched. He knows best....we must learn patience.

This sounds right. I was thinking maybe it was just the photo. In any case, I don't think it is forever, we will see it, imo.

bbm

I just re-read the motion and I see nothing about the State having to establish proper predicate. I also heard nothing today indicating that the Myspace could be admitted at a later time. All I heard was "Objection Sustained" in answer to JB's objection. I hope you are right and it will come in at a later time. :smile:
Link to JP's order allowing the Myspace in Feb, 2001

bbm

I just re-read the motion and I see nothing about the State having to establish proper predicate. I also heard nothing today indicating that the Myspace could be admitted at a later time. All I heard was "Objection Sustained" in answer to JB's objection. I hope you are right and it will come in at a later time. :smile:

Exactly and that's what has me worried. :(
I just re read it also.

bbm

Recall that some of the "party pics" were objected to and sustained by HHJP this week. Then they ended up being used.

As far as the motion in limine to exclude the myspace posting......it was denied BUT the more I thought about it , IMO because CA stated she had not added the photo of Caylee to the entry...there was a legitimate reason for disallowing it at this time.

I probably jumped the gun referring to predicate and failed to recognize the issue with the photo.

Recall that some of the "party pics" were objected to and sustained by HHJP this week. Then they ended up being used.

As far as the motion in limine to exclude the myspace posting......it was denied BUT the more I thought about it , IMO because CA stated she had not added the photo of Caylee to the entry...there was a legitimate reason for disallowing it at this time.

I probably jumped the gun referring to predicate and failed to recognize the issue with the photo.

Ok, that's correct. She DID SAY that she didn't add the photo. Thanks SOTS ( hate referring to you as that. Mom always called bad people SOTS! :floorlaugh:) , but that actually makes more sense. :)

:blowkiss: Thank you for clearing that up for ME

IMHO, heresay, speculation. At that time Cindy had no clue where Caylee was or what happened to her -- Cindy was merely guessing and searching.

I don't agree with it, but understand the courts order. IMHO the defense may try to enter it at some point -- not sure.

MOO

Mel

This is regarding LDB and the Myspace questions to Cindy

HHJP: sustained

LDB: after you posted that message did you speak to Casey about it?

a few days before she realized I created the myspace. I never got a response, I asked why she did not respond. She said I was being hard on her, she had told me she did not want to go on myspace. I didn't know it was everybodys space and she explained to me how everybody can get on there.

LDB: she read your posting?

yes

LDB: did you discuss?

objection
in reference to the courts ruling
(side bar)

LDB: does it represent the text of the message you posted?

exclusive of the photo? yes

LDB: (not near mic) does the date and time also accurately reflect when you made the posting?

maybe a little later but in the evening that day was long for me.

LDB: the photo that is on that exhibit did you put the photo?

I didn't I don't know how to post a photo

objection

(side bar)

As far as I know that subject was not brought up again.

I want Casey's poem/reply admitted (everyone lies everyone dies...paraphrased) if CA myspace is admitted will ICA's be as well??

Ok, that's correct. She DID SAY that she didn't add the photo. Thanks SOTS ( hate referring to you as that. Mom always called bad people SOTS! :floorlaugh:) , but that actually makes more sense. :)
Who added a photo?

Judge Perry made a ruling Feb 11, 2011 allowing Cindy's Myspace posting "My Caylee is Missing" to be allowed as evidence at trial. Why did he change his mind now? I'm afraid Baez is going to slowly whittle away at all of the evidence that the jury should be seeing by his constant objections NOW after this stuff was supposed to be admitted.
Below is a link to JP's ruling to let the Myspace into evidence.

He did???....I am SHOCKED :eek:
I went out yesterday and missed the last 2-3 hours of testimony.

I'm afraid that this is only the beginning. I understand that JP wants to be cautious and all but imo that Myspace posting by Cindy was a huge piece of the puzzle and illustrated the tensions between Cindy and Casey. I just don't get why JP thought it was ok back in Feb and now all of a sudden it's not.

Did Mr Mason bring up some case law or THREATEN the court with a mistrial or going to the Federal Level to complain?

Thanks for the enlightenment...I feel better now...I didn't get to see that portion of the testimony.

Did Mr Mason bring up some case law or THREATEN the court with a mistrial or going to the Federal Level to complain?

If I remember correctly, JB stood up and recited his usual case numbers. HHJP called sidebar, and along came Cheney with a huge open book to which he was pointing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back