1255 users online (282 members and 973 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 50
  1. #1

    One year later ~ The Oregonian articles

    Kaine Horman:

    He's received a wealth of public support and some hate mail. Through it all, he struggles to maintain an even keel, especially for Baby K.

    "I've got bad days and I've got good days, if you can call them that," he says. "But my daughter has really forced me to keep everything level as much as possible."


    http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...year_sinc.html


    Desiree Young:

    In the meantime, Desiree Young works through her emotions in weekly counseling sessions and talks to parents of other missing children.

    "It's very helpful because there is no rulebook to this," she says. "You have to figure it out as you go."


    http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...siree_y_2.html
    Last edited by daisy7; 05-28-2011 at 10:47 PM.

  2. #2
    Kyron's parents, Kaine Horman and Desiree Young are back at work, trying to re-establish routines, with Young in Medford and Horman in the Portland area. Both, who have lost weight from stress, see therapists. They say each day is a struggle.


    http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no...try_to_bl.html

  3. #3
    My heart bleeds for Kaine and Desiree.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    15,004


    Thank You for these updates from the Oregonian.


    I cannot believe it will be a year this coming Saturday June 4 since Kyron has been missing !




    Prayers that Kyron is found soon, and Prayers for Desiree, Tony and Kaine.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    986
    I also can't believe it's been a year. Even though there's nothing really new in these stories, it's nice to see them putting Kyron's name in the spotlight. The articles take up most of the front page of Sunday's paper and continue on to the back which is also a full page with photos.

    Come on Kyron, give us a sign!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    204
    I don't know why Kyron's story hits me so hard, even my little girl asks about Kyron, not as much as she used too, but she does ask if he is home yet. We have a missing flyer from the search in the window of our truck, we are in Arizona.

    I pray that Kyron comes home, everyday. I don't know how Kaine and Desiree can function from day to day. I really don't.
    "The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it." ó Flannery O'Connor

  7. #7
    keeponsearching's Avatar
    keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    3,267
    Whoever took Kyron out of his school is still wanted. There are speculations but when it comes down to it, nobody has been arrested. I wonder what the school is doing different, is it still easy to roam halls during day hours, do people sign in. I just hope the school has step up and changed procedures. I know it looks like I am blaming the school, but I am not. So many people get that safety feeling when nothing happen. If you let your child walk home, and nothing every happen, its sort of like that, and then one day something does. If the school had sign in procedures to just walk down the halls, and had staff at all doors, they could of at least seen something. I think it would be a great idea to have cameras in hallways so the office can see if someone is roaming. We only have one hall, and you can't see it from the office. But the times I forgot my tags I have been stopped.

    I could not imagine being in the parents shoes. You send your child to school believing they will be safe. Until they make an arrest, as a parent I would not feel comfortable with just a speculation.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,204
    I still think of Kyron often and pray for resolution. I look at the faces of the young men (little boys) that I see and wonder if it could be him. I can't even imagine how his parents feel.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    City of Roses, Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    2,471
    Quote Originally Posted by keeponsearching View Post
    Whoever took Kyron out of his school is still wanted. There are speculations but when it comes down to it, nobody has been arrested. I wonder what the school is doing different, is it still easy to roam halls during day hours, do people sign in. I just hope the school has step up and changed procedures. I know it looks like I am blaming the school, but I am not. So many people get that safety feeling when nothing happen. If you let your child walk home, and nothing every happen, its sort of like that, and then one day something does. If the school had sign in procedures to just walk down the halls, and had staff at all doors, they could of at least seen something. I think it would be a great idea to have cameras in hallways so the office can see if someone is roaming. We only have one hall, and you can't see it from the office. But the times I forgot my tags I have been stopped.

    I could not imagine being in the parents shoes. You send your child to school believing they will be safe. Until they make an arrest, as a parent I would not feel comfortable with just a speculation.

    I don't know that there was ever "free roaming" by strangers in the hallways at that school. This was a special event, not the norm.
    Justice is the constant and perpetual will to allot to every man his due. Domitus Ulpian

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,250
    Something seems to be missing from this quote...?

    Young has not, convinced that Terri Horman is responsible for her son's disappearance.

    "We now have information that shows us that Terri is very capable and most likely hurt him," she says. "She put it all in writing and we have seen all of it."


  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    Something seems to be missing from this quote...?
    The first sentence is part of a paragraph in the original article. Check out the article and hopefully it makes sense. It's a direct quote, for copyright purposes.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    36,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    Something seems to be missing from this quote...?
    Isn't she referring to the email she saw?

    No offense to Desiree, but I doubt she saw anything at this point that constitutes "proof" or we wouldn't be where we are today with this case...
    Just my opinion, of course.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    The first sentence is part of a paragraph in the original article. Check out the article and hopefully it makes sense. It's a direct quote, for copyright purposes.
    Yes, I know it's a direct quote since I copied it straight from the article

    But I get it now.

    She [Terri] has stayed mute.
    Young has not [stayed mute], convinced that Terri Horman is responsible for her son's disappearance.
    Didn't see the connection at first so wasn't sure what it meant.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pouregonian
    Posts
    863
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Isn't she referring to the email she saw?

    No offense to Desiree, but I doubt she saw anything at this point that constitutes "proof" or we wouldn't be where we are today with this case...
    Why?

    Not to argue, but "we" aren't anywhere with this case because LE has not released information and journalists haven't uncovered it. I see that this leads you to conclude that LE also isn't anywhere with the case, but I think that could just as easily be "LE isn't telling us where they are with the case", which is not the same as 'they don't have anything'.

  15. #15
    keeponsearching's Avatar
    keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    3,267
    Quote Originally Posted by gwenabob View Post
    I don't know that there was ever "free roaming" by strangers in the hallways at that school. This was a special event, not the norm.
    I think if a child does not know another parent, they would be a stranger, so yes, an early morning showing of projects at school has strangers roaming the halls to many children. Even in a special event circumstances which lets me to believe guards where down. Where at school they need to be put up, which means have staff at doors. Even not at the norm, security issues need to be put first and daily.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 63
    Last Post: 07-27-2010, 12:16 PM
  2. Oregonian Publishes Complete Horman referrence page
    By Kat010 in forum Kyron Horman
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 12:11 PM
  3. Oregonian Publishes Complete Horman referrence page
    By Kat010 in forum Kyron Horman Reference and Time Line Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 12:07 PM
  4. Replies: 217
    Last Post: 07-02-2010, 10:27 PM