One year later ~ The Oregonian articles

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
Kaine Horman:

He's received a wealth of public support and some hate mail. Through it all, he struggles to maintain an even keel, especially for Baby K.

"I've got bad days and I've got good days, if you can call them that," he says. "But my daughter has really forced me to keep everything level as much as possible."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/05/kaine_horman_endures_year_sinc.html

Desiree Young:

In the meantime, Desiree Young works through her emotions in weekly counseling sessions and talks to parents of other missing children.

"It's very helpful because there is no rulebook to this," she says. "You have to figure it out as you go."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/05/kyron_hormans_mother_desiree_y_2.html

:tyou:

Thank You for these updates from the Oregonian.

I cannot believe it will be a year this coming Saturday June 4 since Kyron has been missing !

:praying::praying:

Prayers that Kyron is found soon, and Prayers for Desiree, Tony and Kaine.

I also can't believe it's been a year. Even though there's nothing really new in these stories, it's nice to see them putting Kyron's name in the spotlight. The articles take up most of the front page of Sunday's paper and continue on to the back which is also a full page with photos.

Come on Kyron, give us a sign! :praying:

I don't know why Kyron's story hits me so hard, even my little girl asks about Kyron, not as much as she used too, but she does ask if he is home yet. We have a missing flyer from the search in the window of our truck, we are in Arizona.

I pray that Kyron comes home, everyday. I don't know how Kaine and Desiree can function from day to day. I really don't.

Whoever took Kyron out of his school is still wanted. There are speculations but when it comes down to it, nobody has been arrested. I wonder what the school is doing different, is it still easy to roam halls during day hours, do people sign in. I just hope the school has step up and changed procedures. I know it looks like I am blaming the school, but I am not. So many people get that safety feeling when nothing happen. If you let your child walk home, and nothing every happen, its sort of like that, and then one day something does. If the school had sign in procedures to just walk down the halls, and had staff at all doors, they could of at least seen something. I think it would be a great idea to have cameras in hallways so the office can see if someone is roaming. We only have one hall, and you can't see it from the office. But the times I forgot my tags I have been stopped.

I could not imagine being in the parents shoes. You send your child to school believing they will be safe. Until they make an arrest, as a parent I would not feel comfortable with just a speculation.

I still think of Kyron often and pray for resolution. I look at the faces of the young men (little boys) that I see and wonder if it could be him. I can't even imagine how his parents feel.

Whoever took Kyron out of his school is still wanted. There are speculations but when it comes down to it, nobody has been arrested. I wonder what the school is doing different, is it still easy to roam halls during day hours, do people sign in. I just hope the school has step up and changed procedures. I know it looks like I am blaming the school, but I am not. So many people get that safety feeling when nothing happen. If you let your child walk home, and nothing every happen, its sort of like that, and then one day something does. If the school had sign in procedures to just walk down the halls, and had staff at all doors, they could of at least seen something. I think it would be a great idea to have cameras in hallways so the office can see if someone is roaming. We only have one hall, and you can't see it from the office. But the times I forgot my tags I have been stopped.

I could not imagine being in the parents shoes. You send your child to school believing they will be safe. Until they make an arrest, as a parent I would not feel comfortable with just a speculation.

I don't know that there was ever "free roaming" by strangers in the hallways at that school. This was a special event, not the norm.

Something seems to be missing from this quote...?

Young has not, convinced that Terri Horman is responsible for her son's disappearance.

"We now have information that shows us that Terri is very capable and most likely hurt him," she says. "She put it all in writing and we have seen all of it."

Something seems to be missing from this quote...?

Isn't she referring to the email she saw?

No offense to Desiree, but I doubt she saw anything at this point that constitutes "proof" or we wouldn't be where we are today with this case...

The first sentence is part of a paragraph in the original article. Check out the article and hopefully it makes sense. It's a direct quote, for copyright purposes. :)

Yes, I know it's a direct quote since I copied it straight from the article :)

But I get it now.

She [Terri] has stayed mute.
Young has not [stayed mute], convinced that Terri Horman is responsible for her son's disappearance.

Didn't see the connection at first so wasn't sure what it meant.

Isn't she referring to the email she saw?

No offense to Desiree, but I doubt she saw anything at this point that constitutes "proof" or we wouldn't be where we are today with this case...

Why?

Not to argue, but "we" aren't anywhere with this case because LE has not released information and journalists haven't uncovered it. I see that this leads you to conclude that LE also isn't anywhere with the case, but I think that could just as easily be "LE isn't telling us where they are with the case", which is not the same as 'they don't have anything'.

I don't know that there was ever "free roaming" by strangers in the hallways at that school. This was a special event, not the norm.

I think if a child does not know another parent, they would be a stranger, so yes, an early morning showing of projects at school has strangers roaming the halls to many children. Even in a special event circumstances which lets me to believe guards where down. Where at school they need to be put up, which means have staff at doors. Even not at the norm, security issues need to be put first and daily.

Why?

Not to argue, but "we" aren't anywhere with this case because LE has not released information and journalists haven't uncovered it. I see that this leads you to conclude that LE also isn't anywhere with the case, but I think that could just as easily be "LE isn't telling us where they are with the case", which is not the same as 'they don't have anything'.

What I am saying if is LE had proof, there would be an arrest, in my opinion. I am not saying LE does not have "anything."

I think if a child does not know another parent, they would be a stranger, so yes, an early morning showing of projects at school has strangers roaming the halls to many children. Even in a special event circumstances which lets me to believe guards where down. Where at school they need to be put up, which means have staff at doors. Even not at the norm, security issues need to be put first and daily.

It was the policy of PPS to have all visitors stop in the office, sign in, and wear a name tag while they were inside the school. That is what I mean by not allowing "free roaming." They had to stop and identify themselves to the school.

The science fair was a special occasion, like any other large events open to all the parents and the community. We have all kinds of events at schools--science fairs, sporting events, book fairs, plays, Back to School Night. It would be near impossible to expect every person who walks through the door to stop and sign in at the office, then stop and sign out when they leave. They would have to add another 3 hours to the event just to accommodate that. Children could be kidnapped from any one of those events, couldn't they? If their parents were not holding their hands the entire time?

This science fair was just like any of those others, except it was held before school instead of after school.

It was the policy of PPS to have all visitors stop in the office, sign in, and wear a name tag while they were inside the school. That is what I mean by not allowing "free roaming." They had to stop and identify themselves to the school.

The science fair was a special occasion, like any other large events open to all the parents and the community. We have all kinds of events at schools--science fairs, sporting events, book fairs, plays, Back to School Night. It would be near impossible to expect every person who walks through the door to stop and sign in at the office, then stop and sign out when they leave. They would have to add another 3 hours to the event just to accommodate that. Children could be kidnapped from any one of those events, couldn't they? If their parents were not holding their hands the entire time?

This science fair was just like any of those others, except it was held before school instead of after school.

I agree with you. But, if I go to the school with my child for a evening event thats my choose. Having my child go to school during the day with events going on and I don't have the option of being there is something different. But you are right.

One year later. Do you all remember when they frantically searched the area, they sure felt he wondered off. Does anyone remember why the felt that way? I am sure its protocol but i still got that feeling that this was what they thought happen.

I agree with you. But, if I go to the school with my child for a evening event thats my choose. Having my child go to school during the day with events going on and I don't have the option of being there is something different. But you are right.

One year later. Do you all remember when they frantically searched the area, they sure felt he wondered off. Does anyone remember why the felt that way? I am sure its protocol but i still got that feeling that this was what they thought happen.

I was POSITIVE those first few days he had wandered off...and I felt certain that LE felt that way too and brought in the other agencies as a matter of course. (I am only about 99% certain now that he is not still out there, close to the school...)

I suspect they thought he might have wandered off because Terri told them he was having those alleged "spells." IMO, she purposely misdirected LE and the searchers from the start.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back