Found Deceased SC - Evelyn Shelton, 42, Duncan, 20 May 2011

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www2.wspa.com/news/2011/may/...roner-boyfriend-missing-woman-fou-ar-1897664/

By WSPA Staff
Published: May 28, 2011
Updated: May 28, 2011 - 5:53 PM

On May 24, Spartanburg Public Safety reported they believed it was possible Evelyn Shelton was a victim of foul play.

deputies-missing-spartanburg-co-woman-may-be-victi

More information and video at link

The article about the candlelight vigil says that she went missing after meeting a man for a study date but there is no mention of the man's name. Too bad the local media hasn't taken the trouble to look this fellow up and see what he has to say! His attitude toward the investigation could be very telling.

Not Idenified, find maybe years old.

Human remains discovered in the Startex community
By Jenny Arnold
jennifer.arnold@shj.com
Published: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 2:20 p.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 2:20 p.m.

Although he wasn’t specific, Littlejohn said his department is interested in finding out whether the remains could be connected to any city cases. One recent case includes the disappearance of Evelyn Shelton, who went missing in the city of Spartanburg on May 20. (Only missing since May)

According to the news release, the remains appear to have been in the location for several years.
Sheriff’s office and Spartanburg County Coroner’s Office investigators were just beginning their investigation and have not been able to determine the race or gender of the person.

Two page story:

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20111026/ARTICLES/111029739?p=1&tc=pg

This is in my hometown and I have kept my eye on the news for any new info. Her family has been so proactive, but they had no info to go on since shortly after she was reported missing.

Evelyn Shelton Case Featured In National Missing Persons Tour
Posted: Oct 17, 2014 5:43 PM EDT
Updated: Oct 17, 2014 6:32 PM EDT
wspa.com

The CUE Center For Missing Persons is bringing new attention to the Evelyn Shelton case. She's been missing from Spartanburg since 2011.

The organization is traveling thousands of miles, across 11 states to highlight about 100 cases of missing and unidentified persons, and unsolved homicides during their "On the Road to Remember" Tour.

Friday afternoon, a stop at Inman City Hall brought together friends and family members of Shelton, who've been waiting years for answers.

Article at: http://www.wspa.com/story/26817147/evelyn-shelton-case-featured-in-national-missing-persons-tour

This event was down the street from me. I've been in the hospital, so I didn't know til I saw the news last night. I still think this was somebody Evelyn knew. So sad for her family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back