1070 users online (222 members and 848 guests)  

Websleuths News

Happy doggies, welcoming their soldiers home

Originally compiled for Veterans Day 2010, this video of eight soldiers being greeted by their dogs also serves up a smile on Memorial Day, albeit a bittersweet one as we remember, today, those who gave everything for their country:

Here Are Some Really Happy Dogs Welcoming Soldiers Home (Deadspin)

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Originally compiled for Veterans Day 2010, this video of eight soldiers being greeted by their dogs also serves up a smile on Memorial Day, albeit a bittersweet one as we remember, today, those who gave everything for their country:

Here Are Some Really Happy Dogs Welcoming Soldiers Home (Deadspin)

Love it!!!
    Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL

Oh this made me cry a little...
    Anyone would have to be crazy not to believe that animals have souls and feelings and emotions...
    Just my opinion, of course.

Tragic bomb dog Theo in line for an 'animal VC' as he and his master's body are flown home together
    In life, they were inseparable. And in death, this brave man and his best friend are staying by each other’s side.

A record-breaking Army sniffer dog and his devoted handler will make their final journey home together next week.

Theo, a springer spaniel cross, suffered a fatal seizure shortly after his master, Lance Corporal Liam Tasker, was shot dead by the Taliban on Tuesday.
    ---
    much more, with pictures of Liam and Theo, plus other loyal animals in wartime stories, at Daily Mail link above

What a heartwarming piece of film, a real lovely demonstration of the affection and love between canines and humans.

A sad story afterwards, I wonder what caused the dog to have a seizure?

Wfgodot, you brought tears to my eyes with both stories, thanks for posting them
    England's dancing days are done...