Trial - Week 2 - What To Expect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leila

Reaction score
Tomorrow begins week 2 of the trial. There will be a motion hearing prior to the jury being brought in and the trial resuming. Attorney Mark Lippman, the Anthony's attorney, will be presenting his motion.

On Saturday, Cindy Anthony was on the witness stand. Her testimony so far has covered events from June 15, 2008 up through July 3, 2008.

I expect tomorrow will begin with Cindy remaining on the witness stand and being questioned on the events leading up through July 15th - retrieving the Pontiac from the impound yard, contacting Amy Huizenga, finding KC and bringing her home, and the events that resulted in KC's arrest on July 16th.

I think the 9-11 calls will be played for the jury.

I think Cindy will be followed by Lee Anthony, questioning him about looking for KC on July 3rd, and the events the evening of July 15, 2008 that led up to KC's disclosure that the nanny kidnapped Caylee.

I think Lee will be followed by George Anthony being questioned about the evening of July 15th after he returned home from work.

Last Friday, HHBP asked state attorney Linda Drane Burdick about this week's schedule of witnesses and she stated that she expected to put LE personnel on the witness stand.

I expect the LE to take the witness stand will be the first responding officers followed by Yuri Melich and John Allen.

I think this week will be a major week of trial testimony as the events of July 15 and 16, 2008 are covered in detail.

What do you expect this week? Will there be any major bombshells?

I agree with your week 2 timeline, Leila. I'm nervous about how CA and GA will respond to the July 15th day/evening events. Wonder if they will keep the stories straight, or will they be all over the place with wordy answers. I hope they don't put LE down, like they used to enjoy doing in front of the cameras!

something JB says will be objected to and sustained by hhjp.

no, many things JB says will be objected to and sustained by hhjp

oh you were looking for something that might not be obvious. give me a sec on that.

something JB says will be objected to and sustained by hhjp.no, many things JB says will be objected to and sustained by hhjp

oh you were looking for something that might not be obvious. give me a sec on that.

... and then there will be a sidebar. :crazy:

I am expecting to see Cindy, Lee, and Amy up next. Followed by LE.

I also just posted in another thread about jail videos. TODAY My Fox Orlando has an old article that they updated today about new video. :waitasec: But they don't have any new video, so I'm not sure if they just "bumped" the article for the trial or what.

Tomorrow begins week 2 of the trial. There will be a motion hearing prior to the jury being brought in and the trial resuming. Attorney Makr Lippman, the Anthony's attorney, will be presenting his motion.

On Saturday, Cindy Anthony was on the witness stand. Her testimony so far has covered events from June 15, 2008 up through July 3, 2008.

I expect tomorrow will begin with Cindy remaining on the witness stand and being questioned on the events leading up through July 15th - retrieving the Pontiac from the impound yard, contacting Amy Huizenga, finding KC and bringing her home, and the events that resulted in KC's arrest on July 16th.

I think the 9-11 calls will be played for the jury.

I think Cindy will be followed by Lee Anthony, questioning him about looking for KC on July 3rd, and the events the evening of July 15, 2008 that led up to KC's disclosure that the nanny kidnapped Caylee.

I think Lee will be followed by George Anthony being questioned about the evening of July 15th after he returned home from work.

Last Friday, HHBP asked state attorney Linda Drane Burdick about this week's schedule of witnesses and she stated that she expected to put LE personnel on the witness stand.

I expect the LE to take the witness stand will be the first responding officers followed by Yuri Melich and John Allen.

I think this week will be a major week of trial testimony as the events of July 15 and 16, 2008 are covered in detail.

What do you expect this week? Will there be any major bombshells?

Tuesday will be a day to watch. Cindy will resume the stand and they likely will spend more hours laying foundational evidence. LDB hasn't yet started to challenge Cindy so she could spend a few more hours doing that after she elicits all the facts Cindy won't/can't argue about.

I expect that Baez could EASILY spend the rest of the day challenging the testimony elicited from Cindy so far. While he's limited by the scope of the direct, he could spend hours poking away at her and leading her on what we've heard so far.

I will be surprised if Cindy is off the stand and another witness called on Tuesday.

I think Cindy will be recalled a number of times, like GA. I suspect after this round, Amy will be called, and Lee... then the 911 call with CA again. jmo

... and then there will be a sidebar. :crazy:

I am expecting to see Cindy, Lee, and Amy up next. Followed by LE.

I also just posted in another thread about jail videos. TODAY My Fox Orlando has an old article that they updated today about new video. :waitasec: But they don't have any new video, so I'm not sure if they just "bumped" the article for the trial or what.

I momentarily forgot about Amy! :doh: YES, she will be certainly be on the witness stand this week along with the others I mentioned. Her testimony will be critical.

Tuesday will be a day to watch. Cindy will resume the stand and they likely will spend more hours laying foundational evidence. LDB hasn't yet started to challenge Cindy so she could spend a few more hours doing that after she elicits all the facts Cindy won't/can't argue about.

I expect that Baez could EASILY spend the rest of the day challenging the testimony elicited from Cindy so far. While he's limited by the scope of the direct, he could spend hours poking away at her and leading her on what we've heard so far.

I will be surprised if Cindy is off the stand and another witness called on Tuesday.

ITA! I think Cindy will be on the witness stand for all of Tuesday. I worry about how she'll answer the questions about the 9-11 calls and other sensitive areas. How will Cindy do under cross exam by JB?

If Amy takes the stand, will they question her about the stolen checks? It seems like it would be hard not to mention it. Talk about the elephant in the room.

If Amy takes the stand, will they question her about the stolen checks? It seems like it would be hard not to mention it. Talk about the elephant in the room.

I've wondered about that too. I thought that the money and checks that KC stole from Amy would come in as they're pertinent in part to what KC did during those 31 days - shopping at Target, cashing a check at the bank, and shopping, when she didn't have a job or any source of income.

But so far, the financial aspects have only been alluded to in the questions LDB has asked Cindy. In particular, she asked Cindy if she went to Universal Studios on July 3rd due to a financial issue that had come up, and Cindy confirmed that was the reason in addition to wanting to see Caylee.

I suspect we're going to see a lengthy sidebar about whether or not the fact that KC stole money and checks from Amy can come in.

I was wondering the same thing : can the SA question Amy about the stolen checks and ICA cashing the checks ?

Also -- the $$$$$ that ICA took from Amy -- when Amy realized she was missing some money and ICA told her she was "SleepWalking" ...

I hope the SA can get these questions in there some kind of way ... the SA is very "clever" so hopefully they can ask Amy about this.

And of course, JB will "object" ... or there will be a "sidebar" ...

The DT is hoping that tomorrow never comes. Last week the SA did a magnificent job in laying down the foundation of their case. Tomorrow will not be pretty, the SA starts the building phase of their case. With that being said, I think CM will call in sick and JB will have another personal/private emergency.

You know, Jose kind of opened the door on KC's thieving ways, on the 27th he asked W.Waters if KC "made off with anything" from his house... so, why can't the SA ask the same of Amy? :wink:

mo

eta: Correction. He asked WW if she made off with his laptop.

13th JB question in this post: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6564147&postcount=6"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - William W.'s testimony[/ame]

The DT is hoping that tomorrow never comes. Last week the SA did a magnificent job in laying down the foundation of their case. Tomorrow will not be pretty, the SA starts the building phase of their case. With that being said, I think CM will call in sick and JB will have another personal/private emergency.

I have been thinking the same thing about JB "needing" another emerency! LOL

Won't it be the best when Lee Anthony can be in the court room and the three of them have a hug fest in front of Casey... That will be the best show yet... getting popcorn ready for that.

I have been thinking the same thing about JB "needing" another emerency! LOL

Then I predict HHBP getting extremely angry with the DT. He really wants to treat this jury well, imo. :rocker:

I am looking forward to this week's testimonies. It's going to get good, not that it already hasn't. Can't wait for law enforcement to take the stand. I wonder if they will play the interview tapes from Universal Studios? :fence:

When Yuri takes the stand, it is over. He comes across as a caring, caring man who left nothing unturned and Lord can he hold his own.

I agree that the state did a great job. They are laying a rock solid foundation brick by brick, completely unfazed by JB's antics.

I said it before and I'll say it again. The team that scores the winning point late in the game is still the winner. (and I expect the state to do just that)

Won't it be the best when Lee Anthony can be in the court room and the three of them have a hug fest in front of Casey... That will be the best show yet... getting popcorn ready for that.

after the hug fest I hope cindy loudly invites Lee and Mallory over her house for some home made chili.:innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni