Why the Anthonys have Changed their focus

coloradoteacher

Reaction score
Hi-
I read all the time and very rarely post, but I felt like I hadn't seen anything along these lines and it was a big aha moment for me. I was reading LA's deposition from 2009 to the prosectution to get ready for his upcoming testimony (which I think will be soon) and saw that as of 2009, the Anthonys all still held out hope that Caylee was alive and therefore were clinging to the idea that ICA was the link and we had to believe her/stick up for her. It blew me away that even LA would say that he and CA have their doubts even after the memorial service and everything but it was right there in their testimony at the deposition.
After seeing the testimony of CA on 5-28-11, most notably the comment about looking for Zanny up until 6 weeks ago, I finally got a sinking feeling about what the Anthonys are doing and I do not think it devious or anything.
I think they finally let go of the hope that Caylee is still alive. ICA admitted she was dead. There was no Nanny.
IMHO, that closed the door to support ICA. They realized it was her alone that put their family through this and the little hope they thought she could help with to find Caylee was gone. Because of this, CA was done. And as we have seen, when CA is done, so is LA and GA.
The abuse allegations and involving GA in the mix was just the sociopathic icing on the cake.
I have to say reading the testimony of their hope broke my heart. Who wouldn't do the same.
My heart cannot believe that any grandfather let alone mother would think of what fate could befall THEM when they pull a child out of a swimming pool. How many parents have you heard of on the news have been prosecuted for an accidental drowning? Your first thought would be to hold out hope.
That is what the Anthony's were doing up until 6 weeks ago.

I'd love to hear other's thoughts on this.

You nailed it.

Denial is a powerful coping mechanism, it isn't a conscious decision. It happens when a person is faced with unspeakable horrors so devastating the mind can't wrap around it.

Self preservation and full realization... KC really left them no other choice-- she told them there was never a nanny, that Caylee has been dead the whole time, and GA could face prison for her accusations. There you have it, imo. :tsktsk:

I think there are two strands to their change of worldview:

the first is that they have finally accepted that Caylee is dead;

the second is that KC's malicious attempts to destroy the rest of them indicate she is vicious enough to have murdered Caylee, so now they are going to tell the truth (may it set them free) and let the chips fall where they may.

There's been some discussion on this thread about the same question, though it is more about Cindy than the whole family. ----->[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137918"]Cindy said something happened 6 weeks ago? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back