2011.05.31 TRIAL Day Six (Afternoon Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.

beach

Verified Expert
Reaction score
PLEASE review this forum thoroughly before posting today:

:tos: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]Here they are![/ame]

PLEASE avoid posts that are:

- bashing the defendant's looks or grooming, in words or through visual images

- using derogatory or demeaning terms to refer to players in this case

- snarky to fellow WSers

- otherwise sending the thread off-topic.

Posters who continue to ignore the TOS or the Rules of Etiquette will find themselves on a Time Out.

If you come across a post that violates TOS or the Rules of Etiquette, or that is clearly taking the thread off-topic, the appropriate response is to hit the red triangle "Alert" button, leave a message for our mods, and move on. Please do not quote the offending post or comment upon it in any way. The mods are equipped with brooms and light sabers and will do everything in their power to make sure that WS continues to be the premier true-crime forum on the Web.

Thank you to the many posters who have helped the mods by alerting on questionable posts these last days.

I'm going to make some exceptions and clarify a few things so hopefully we are a little clearer about what is okay to post in this thread and what is to be saved for Sidebar. Sorry for the confusion. Hope this helps. :)

Re. posting Tweets: Previously we have requested that all tweets be restricted from this thread and posted in the Twitter thread. Posting tweets from anyone INSIDE THE COURTROOM that can shed light on what we are unable to see via our monitors are fine to post here. Most all of these will be from MSM reporters - I really can't think of any exceptions off of the top of my head. If they can tell us how jurors are reacting, that is HUGE info and we need to see it here. I ask that those of you who do post tweets still include them in the Twitter thread because we have many members who log in for a quick update and depend solely on that thread

Re. posting about the demeanor of the defendant or witnesses -
This is the deal:
It is perfectly fine to post FACTS & OBSERVATIONS about their demeanor. (e.g., Casey is emotionless; Casey is giggling while listening to this testimony, etc...)

It is the "Casey's blouse is so low cut she must be trying to get the attention of Juror #11, the George Clooney look-a-like"; "eyebrows and hair" ('nuff said :aktion1:). Bottom line, if it doesn't add anything to understanding what is going on during TRIAL, then save these comments and post them in the Sidebar. Express those sentiments there. (Remember! TOS and Rules of Etiquette still apply in Sidebar: no namecalling, bashing and derogatory remarks simply intended to be snarky.)

Okay, I hope that helps clarify a few things. Thanks for your understanding and patience as we try to make adjustments to make this thread more informative for all of us.

ONE MORE THING!

The defense cross-exam is likely coming up soon.

Do me and yourselves a favor:

I am bending over backwards not to issue any timeouts. I want you all to be here to see this trial through. Self-edit and do not post while you are too emotional and angry. Please, please please be careful. Step away from the keyboard for a few seconds if you must. We'll still be here when you calm down. :)

Thanks Beach!!! you guys are working hard to make this workable.

JB up next with the cross...are we ready?

HHJP: both sides ready to preceed? Mrs. Anthony is up for cross examination. Let's have Mrs. Anthony return to the stand.

I really hope someone slipped her a stiff drink for this.

Here we go.

Jose gonna cross examine. He better do so with kid gloves

Poor CA this cross is going to be he.. for her. My prayers are with her.

I hope JB does not tear into CA or make her get off the stand to use that dang calendar... that is just degrading... JB make your own dang notes on your calendar

CA Looks like she has been crying her eyes out. My heart goes out to her.

JB: you raised ICA to always tell the truth
CA: yes, I thought I did

Oh wow, Baez suggesting that Casey and Cindy are exactly alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member