Who won in court today? 5/31/2011

Which side won in court today?

• Total voters

gamom

Reaction score
Thought this would be a good thread to start for those of us who can't watch the trial through out the day, but wants to have a place for a quick 1 minute recap. For those that could listen, which side won today in court SA or DT, neither? and why? A poll would be nice, for a quick 30 second recap, but I don't know how to do one.

SA won today, I hated Jb asking CA if she thought CAylee was still alive.

Also this was the first time Jurors got to hear KC, what an impression she made on the 911 call, and the jail house call.

I voted SA. Here are a couple of the big things I remember that I thought weighed in the SA's favor:

-The 911 calls & CA's reaction hearing them again.

-The potential admittance (to be decided first thing tomorrow) of Casey's 6 prior felonies due to JB's cross-x of CA.

-

Today was a victory for Caylee !

Finally ... the Anthony Family has come together and is facing the "reality" of what happened to their granddaughter, as well as accepting the "unpleasant" facts about their daughter.

Yes, the SA won the day ... and it was for Justice for Caylee !!

I voted neither. I believed the state scored big with the 911 tape until CA backtracked about the dead body smell. I do think the jailhouse tape where ICA says everyone is only worried about Caylee was a big score for the state.
The defense scored by getting CA to backtrack on the smell and about the ladder. So I consider it a draw leaning toward the defense. JMHO

I couldn't be more pleased with the State. :D

Hands down the SA. I sat here since 6 AM (except for my shower) and listened to every word. JB could learn a lesson or 2 from LDB. She is clear, concise, and methodical.

JB, OTOH, is all over the bloody map. Poor Cindy going "huh", "wha"? He's trying to confuse the witnesses, but all he seems to be doing is making himself look the fool (I hope that's not too harsh).

Yes, we know we couldn't hear GA on the 911 tape. What does that have to do with anything? Does that mean because he wasn't screaming, he wasn't concerned? Oh, that's right, he already knew all about it. OFGS.

It was overall a sad and frustrating day - but I give kudos to the State. They have the jury wrapped around their little fingers :)

MOO

Mel

Hi Im from the UK and up until a few weeks ago hadnt followed this case. I stumbled on it in the news on CNN (Its not making news in the UK) and have since followed the trial.

I imagined myself as a juror and disregarded anything I had read but WOW Its so hard to watch Casey remaining emotionless and her mother at breaking point

Seeing Cindy break was like watching my grandmother break - I see the look of PURE love and adoration for her grandbaby and I'm sure many of you will recognise that look from your own grandparents.

Such a sad case and my heart really does break for Cindy, George and family

Im not a believer in the death sentence but feel Casey should be locked up forever with no priviledges

I think the State won today - the defence seemed very petty and made no valid points

I voted SA. Here are a couple of the big things I remember that I thought weighed in the SA's favor:

-The 911 calls & CA's reaction hearing them again.

-The potential admittance (to be decided first thing tomorrow) of Casey's 6 prior felonies due to JB's cross-x of CA.
-

BBM

What's the deal on that? What did JB say that might allow the 6 priors in?
I really did listen today but I got so mad at JB at one point I had to walk away because I was afraid of getting banned if my fingers continued to type away. I can't imagine what those jurors think of JB.

I voted neither. I believed the state scored big with the 911 tape until CA backtracked about the dead body smell. I do think the jailhouse tape where ICA says everyone is only worried about Caylee was a big score for the state.
The defense scored by getting CA to backtrack on the smell and about the ladder. So I consider it a draw leaning toward the defense. JMHO

Hi Buckeye!

I hear ya, and I thought the same thing. But then I have to keep in the back of my mind that Cindy HAS to keep to her 2008 depos or risk impeachment. She has always said "it smells like there's been a dead body in the dam car" to get the police there quicker. She did make some statements that I hadn't heard before (and trust me, I've heard and read just about every interview she's had), and that was the rotting flesh. Now rotting flesh on a live person, from what I understand, is not the same as a decomposing body (but I'm sure quite smelly just the same).

And I don't recall her backtracking on the ladder. Maybe I was playing with the cats too much but I thought she told Polisano that on June 16th or 17th:

She said that it was weird that her pool ladder was up against the pool because she never did that,” Polisano said. “She always made sure, because of the baby, that it wouldn’t be near the pool. And that she thought kids must be breaking into her yard and swimming in her pool.”

We know understand the back gate to be open too.

So I'm confident the defense will call her co-workers to testify this information to justify the drowning theory.

Best,

Mel

Hi Im from the UK and up until a few weeks ago hadnt followed this case. I stumbled on it in the news on CNN (Its not making news in the UK) and have since followed the trial.

I imagined myself as a juror and disregarded anything I had read but WOW Its so hard to watch Casey remaining emotionless and her mother at breaking point

Seeing Cindy break was like watching my grandmother break - I see the look of PURE love and adoration for her grandbaby and I'm sure many of you will recognise that look from your own grandparents.

Such a sad case and my heart really does break for Cindy, George and family

Im not a believer in the death sentence but feel Casey should be locked up forever with no priviledges

I think the State won today - the defence seemed very petty and made no valid points

PIPKINS - R U the one I was chatting with over on WESH today. So glad to see you here! I totally agree with ya!

Mel

BBM

What's the deal on that? What did JB say that might allow the 6 priors in?
I really did listen today but I got so mad at JB at one point I had to walk away because I was afraid of getting banned if my fingers continued to type away. I can't imagine what those jurors think of JB.

I don't totally have a handle on it. It's definitely a legal expert thing! But as far as I could follow, because JB had asked the questions of CA about the paternity of Caylee, that opens the door for Casey's felonies to come in as evidence. It's something regarding testimony & hearsay & the defendant, but that's all I got. But apparently the case that made the rule was ruled on by JP, and upheld by the Florida Supreme Court.

I voted the State. Jose Baez came across as more of a paralegal than having had 3 years trial "experience". I couldn't believe he didn't have Amy H's file with him today, it's not like the defense didnt know she was coming up. Very inexperienced, and ineffective with what I felt like his jumping all over the place. He never seems like he has what I would call an "outline" of questions to follow in my opinion. I think Judge Perry will stick to the warning he gave to both sides that he's not playing and will make every attempt to get this trial complete in a timely manner for the jury's sake. Having said that, I think it was a blessing for the defense that the State questioned Amy H. as long as they did and as such, that the jury will never know that Baez was not prepared, because Perry did not have to let them out early, (not that he would have said anything, but who knows what they might have questioned as to why they were being let out early.)

As far as Cindy A's testimony, I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, and would bet my bottom dollar the jury was too. My heart broke for her today. I felt that she was a VERY compelling witness, and the fact that Casey was so stoic probably did not help her in the jurors eyes. My two cents.

BTW....:newhere: glad to have found y'all. :)

The defense made Cindy look a fool by hounding her about Casey's lies and imaginary friends, believing she had a job, etc.

That was a very bad thing to do - make a grieving grandmother look a fool. The woman who put the very food in the ingrates mouth & paid for every single thing the wanton "child" has ever had.

JB even had the nerve to gloat, as if to say: "Aren't you a horse's *advertiser censored**, for believing her."

Thus, the State won.

I've never had any feelings about CA pro or con prior to the start of the trial, but today, when JB asked that poor woman if she still believed Caylee was alive, I wanted to jump through my tv screen, scoop her up in my arms, and slap JB right across the face on our way out of the court room. That was beyond cruel...it was sadistic.

I don't totally have a handle on it. It's definitely a legal expert thing! But as far as I could follow, because JB had asked the questions of CA about the paternity of Caylee, that opens the door for Casey's felonies to come in as evidence. It's something regarding testimony & hearsay & the defendant, but that's all I got. But apparently the case that made the rule was ruled on by JP, and upheld by the Florida Supreme Court.

I don't have a handle on it either -- but I think you're spot on. Since the DT opened the door with all that heresay nonsense (do you know who the father is) which really only ICA can testify to unless she told her mother directly (and CA was just guessing). Now the SA can bring in the felonies.

But what has me scratching my head is what does one have to do with the other?

:waitasec:

It should be an interesting morning tomorrow.

Mel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back