WA WA - David Lewis, 39, Yakima, 1 Feb 1993

Sure sounds odd. Either "foul play" or could this be a "cover" story for a man in danger? Probably not, but it did occur to me. Suspicious all the same.

I have absolutely no idea what to think about David's disappearance/mysterious death so far from home. I'm baffled.

There is one detail in this that seems a little strange.

I can't recall anyone trying to connect the dots on this, and maybe it is not connected.

But, the flight that he was scheduled to leave from in Los Angeles was the day after the Super Bowl was played. That particular Super Bowl featured his favorite team playing in Pasadena, CA, which is 18 minutes away from Los Angeles according to Google Maps. I am not sure where I am trying to go with this point, but I thought it was interesting.

Great article for a truly bizarre case, and why have certain facts never been released on this closed case? "He didn’t drive himself— his vehicle was left behind in downtown Amarillo. If he traveled via plane why did he purchase his ticket to Dallas with an alias but purchase a ticket back to Amarillo under his real name?" "
— John Doe is killed in Yakima at 10:24pm

Did David purchase an (ultimately unused) ticket from Los Angeles because he was at LAX on a stopover en route to Yakima? If so, why would he buy that ticket in his real name after using an alias for his initial ticket west? I suppose the LA ticket purchase could have been an attempt to obfuscate his ultimate destination, but California seems a poor choice to misdirect the investigation away from Washington State."

He had no connections and no reason to be in Yakima (really, who does?:) He's walking down the middle of a highway stretch where it's dangerous to walk on the side even. Hit by a camero that doesn't stop (apparently wa state is kinda famous for hit and runs). Was he drugged? Autopsy says no, family believes otherwise i.e. some substance not routinely tested for. Or maybe a good old psychotic break?

youtube: Merc Docs

youtube: Merc Docs

His wife and daughter were out of town and when they came home David was nowhere to be found. The light and TV were still on from the game. He left his wedding ring and watch on the counter. His not being home was not suspicious at first. His wife just figured he went up to the office for a bit. Or maybe he was out celebrating a Dallas Cowboys victory.

The next day the missed appointments started wracking up, which was not like him. When police started asking around a friend said he saw him at the Amarillo airport. He didn't have any trips planned and he didn't have any luggage.

A day after being reported missing his truck was found outside of the Potter County Courts Building. Inside his truck were his house and car keys under the floor mat. Also in his truck were his driver's license, credit card, and checkbook.

This is one of the weirdest cases ever. I personally think he had some kind of “breakdown” or fugue situation. If someone wanted to kill him they could have just killed him in Texas. Why Washington state? He had to have flown, no way could’ve he made it by car. Also, people who saw him on the highway said he was acting erratically prior to the hit and run. The hit and run I believe was an accident. Weird, weird, weird.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back