Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011.06.01 SIDEBAR THREAD Trial Day Seven

Sigh, I am going to try to load WFTV up again - cover me - I may be having duck for dinner if I get stuck on that aflac commercial again....

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BigFatMommyDog For This Useful Post:

I've read more savvy (than me ) posters say that the state is ignoring the molestation issue on purpose, kind of like sending the message that it is beneath their notice.

Another poster mentioned that the defense cannot pursue questioning further on the molestation issue unless the state pursues questioning. I'm grateful this was explained so well

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PeteyGirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by YellowSubmarine View Post
    Oh my gosh! You are my twin! I do the exact same thing with my tv, pc & laptop! Except I am posting during instead of crocheting . . . I also have an emergency laptop I can carry with me around the house.

The other day my oldest (14 y/o boy) said "seriously, mom? You have that same thing on EVERYTHING!" - as he swung his head around looking at the pc, tv and laptops. I said "Well, it's not EXACTLY the same thing". I was a little embarassed!
    So I'm not crazy! LOL. I am on the west coast so here is my schedule.
    Lap top in bathroom as I am getting ready. It's been charging all night so I'm ready to go. When I am finished applying makeup and such-- to the bedroom to get dressed along with the lap top. Lap top then goes to the kitchen with me while I prepare my lunch for the day. Off to work? not before I get my handy dandy phone and make sure that I've got wesh or wftv loaded and running. On the way to work it takes about 10 minutes. I carry my phone in with me to my office. Shake the mouse on the computer to wake my computer up and there and ready to go are the tv stations. 3 are muted and one is volumed.

Switch back and forth between them all depending on who is playing what commerical. In between there breaks I listen to tru tv and read hear at weblsuths. Sigh... that tired me out.
    Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.

Psalm 37:3

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hisimage For This Useful Post:

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    permenantly like forever permemnant?
    As in Forever, permenantly, never again. They are all freaking out about where to go and there are usually about 800 or so online at any given time during this trial, so we may see our numbers double. I hope our dear Adnoid doesn't blow a fuse!

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to galvino For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by YellowSubmarine View Post
    Oh my gosh! You are my twin! I do the exact same thing with my tv, pc & laptop! Except I am posting during instead of crocheting . . . I also have an emergency laptop I can carry with me around the house.

The other day my oldest (14 y/o boy) said "seriously, mom? You have that same thing on EVERYTHING!" - as he swung his head around looking at the pc, tv and laptops. I said "Well, it's not EXACTLY the same thing". I was a little embarassed!
    Ditto here! No crocheting - posting instead. I just had a birthday and asked for an IPad since hauling my laptop from room-to-room is clumsy, haha. IPad arrives on the 7th. Hubby just shakes his head and stocks up on frozen pizzas.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dum-Dum Sucker For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trapshooter View Post
    Just curious....why do you all think the Prosecution didn't bring up the "molestation" allegations today when questioning Lee? Do you think the SA is going to let that allegation go by the wayside?

My opinion, yes. I have the feeling they are going with a "It's so ludicrous we aren't even going to go there" sort of approach. I think it's good. That way if the defense brings it up, it's in the jury's mind that the prosecution wasn't even worried about it.
    100 years from now, it won't matter what kind of car you drove or how big your house was. What will matter is that you were important in the eyes of a child.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YellowSubmarine For This Useful Post:

Hey all....could someone direct me to the thread that states how you can listen to the testimony via your iPhone?? Please. I can't find it and will be driving for 7 hours tomorrow...would love to listen. THANK YOU!!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsu For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by galvino View Post
    just a heads up... In Session is permenantly shutting down their message boards tonight at 6 PM. It is probably going to get very busy in here tomorrow. I hope we don't crash!
    Why are they closing their message boards? That seems so strange. What is their reasoning?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Maybe SA didn't bring up the allegations against Lee because they think that they could be true and they don't want to open that can of worms?

When are we back live?

Quote Originally Posted by Paige SC View Post
    A little off topic but this thread has a lot of traffic so I figured I'd ask here..

When did ICA stop speaking / receiving visits from her family? Do we know why they stopped speaking, or the reasons cited ?
    After Casey was indicted and arrested on October 14, 2008, there were no more family jail visits.

I remember an interview with Cindy outside the county jail shortly after Casey went jail in October 2008. At that time Cindy stated that Casey didn't want jail visits from her family because they always became a media event. Cindy said that Casey wanted the entire focus to be on finding Caylee.
    My posts are my opinion..........

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leila For This Useful Post:

I have an iphone and have to leave each day @ 2:35 to pick up my son from school. I have downloaded two apps sugested on the thread for that. Neither works. One is a radio station and the other is skyfire which also doesn't work. So I dvr it and pause it. I have IS on my tv, laptop with live feed on my lap, and websleuths open and reading. When IS goes to commercial I unmute my live feed...It looks like a NASA control center in here

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Linda7NJ For This Useful Post:

Just curious....why do you all think the Prosecution didn't bring up the "molestation" allegations today when questioning Lee? Do you think the SA is going to let that allegation go by the wayside?
    It's the defense making the allegation- it's on them to bring it up and show a reason to the court for bringing it up. Until then, the SA can't touch it.

However, I think it would be VERY much in the state's favor if it was brought up in the opening and then never mentioned again.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ladybug For This Useful Post:

Because this is the SA direct....they wouldn't open the door for the DT to elaborate on the topic thus giving credibility to the theory. The SA only asked GA about it...to diffuse a theory early on.

The DT...if allowed after proffer will bring it up on their direct.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sleutherontheside For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Why are they closing their message boards? That seems so strange. What is their reasoning?
    Dear Message Board Users: In Session will no longer support the message board system effective tonight, June 1st at 6pm. The boards will become inactive at that time but will remain visible to allow users to retrieve threads. The boards will remain posted but inactive until June 7th at which time they will no longer be available. We have established robust Facebook and Twitter pages for users to continue participating in discussions relating to In Session. We encourage your participation in the community on Facebook or on Twitter.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Broderick For This Useful Post:

I'm watching at work and had a slew of interruptions this morning so I missed a lot. Can't believe the defense didn't question LA about ICA's abuse story. IMO, it's very underhanded of them because they know he'll deny it. I think they're trying to keep the "possibility" alive in jurors minds without too many witnesses who will testify otherwise. To the best of my recollection they have not yet had one witness corroborate ICA's abuse claim.
    all my comments are just my opinion. jmho. moo. etc. etc.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gxm For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rallihanna View Post
    When are we back live?
    @1:30..can't wait

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linda7NJ For This Useful Post:

Okay-- I've had to watch coverage on TV. My area's HLN goes to commercial about every six minutes, then for five minutes at the top and bottom of the hour, they do something called "newsmakers," some community awareness type deal. I have learned I have more patience than I thought I'd ever have.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quiche For This Useful Post:

I think that car footage is OLD...it seems like it was some of the earliest footage to be released and is just a short snippet...it looked like they were just moving it from a lot and maybe pulling it into a bay to start examining it.

Quote Originally Posted by ladybug View Post
    It's the defense making the allegation- it's on them to bring it up and show a reason to the court for bringing it up. Until then, the SA can't touch it.

However, I think it would be VERY much in the state's favor if it was brought up in the opening and then never mentioned again.
    Then how were they able to question George about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tipstaff View Post
    Well that dude in the neck brace better not be on workmen's comp...............or his days of getting that check are numbered.
    hahahah- thats exactly what me and my hubby were laughing at! i said he better not have attys see this if he claims pain and injury . lmao
    i do not represent websleuths in any way other than being a registered member of the site. i do not speak for websleuths, nor claim to be more than a poster who blogs and posts on sites, including this one! any prior misunderstanding is - this is my thoughts and opinions only - what i say or write !

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littlemisslegal For This Useful Post:

Hi everybody..

I just wanted to thank you for the links, for keeping me in the loop, so thank you to each and wveryone of you!

anyhoo, working from home, and trying to play catch up..

I gotta say, I was kinda dissapointed in Lee A..I think there was so much more that FG could have got out of lee, and it was almost like pulling teeth very slowlyyyyyyyyyyy jmho

anyhoo, thank you, web sluthes rocks!
    my other car is a broomstick

Q: What's the best advice you can give to a witch on a broomstick?

A: Don't fly off the handle!

40. The Following User Says Thank You to imawitch For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hisimage View Post
    So I'm not crazy! LOL. I am on the west coast so here is my schedule.
    Lap top in bathroom as I am getting ready. It's been charging all night so I'm ready to go. When I am finished applying makeup and such-- to the bedroom to get dressed along with the lap top. Lap top then goes to the kitchen with me while I prepare my lunch for the day. Off to work? not before I get my handy dandy phone and make sure that I've got wesh or wftv loaded and running. On the way to work it takes about 10 minutes. I carry my phone in with me to my office. Shake the mouse on the computer to wake my computer up and there and ready to go are the tv stations. 3 are muted and one is volumed.

Switch back and forth between them all depending on who is playing what commerical. In between there breaks I listen to tru tv and read hear at weblsuths. Sigh... that tired me out.

You get dressed?

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

42. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BigFatMommyDog For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    I have an iphone and have to leave each day @ 2:35 to pick up my son from school. I have downloaded two apps sugested on the thread for that. Neither works. One is a radio station and the other is skyfire which also doesn't work. So I dvr it and pause it. I have IS on my tv, laptop with live feed on my lap, and websleuths open and reading. When IS goes to commercial I unmute my live feed...It looks like a NASA control center in here
    ROFL! That's me!

After the kids are in bed and when the court is on breaks though, I'm here and watching back anything I missed And away from home, I've got The Sentenel, FB updates and WS going

Glad I'm not the only one!

44. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post
    Because this is the SA direct....they wouldn't open the door for the DT to elaborate on the topic.

The DT...if allowed after proffer will bring it up on their direct.
    Saw your comment after I'd already posted. Thanks for the clarification!
    all my comments are just my opinion. jmho. moo. etc. etc.

46. The Following User Says Thank You to gxm For This Useful Post:

Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast