Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011.06.01 SIDEBAR THREAD Trial Day Seven

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    What is the special recess for and for how long? I'm at work and missed that. TIA.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hopeful One For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by goldleaf View Post
    How many of us have old-school dads who stay calm in a crisis? My dad would have kept his head the entire time to make sure everything was being done correctly. I'm not talking about flat-affect either, he would have focused his entire being on the matter at hand, making sure nothing was missed.
    Funny that you say that. My father is always the one we go to in stressful/chaotic situations simply FOR his ability to remain calm.
    "The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." Dietrich Bonhoeffer

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mistressammie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by goldleaf View Post
    How many of us have old-school dads who stay calm in a crisis? My dad would have kept his head the entire time to make sure everything was being done correctly. I'm not talking about flat-affect either, he would have focused his entire being on the matter at hand, making sure nothing was missed.
    My dh as well....
    jmo

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zoey For This Useful Post:

ok.....can someone tell me what CM meant about the "flat effect"? was that about her showing no emotion like she is in court? What confuses me is why did he ask the deputy about "you know what that means"??

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mumsy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    When you hit post and it comes up that the thread is closed, just hit your computer's back button. You will be back where you were writing the post and everything you wrote (and quoted) should be there. Just highlight and copy it. Now you can go to the new thread, hit "post reply" and paste what you have copied, into the post reply box in the new thread. Works like a charm.

But yeah, that door slam hurts!
    gitana

I have tried that...oh yes I have. I have lost the last twenty minutes of typing when that door slams.
    Blessings to the children of the world~May peace be yours.

Regardless of warnings the future doesn't scare me at all. Nothings like before. ~Utada Hikaru

If you lose one you greatly love, take comfort...

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chiquita71 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post
    Get in line.
    A full on run to the door of the courthouse!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quiche For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by xin View Post
    Where do we vent? Parking lot? I have a few remarks perhaps about Amy. Vent away...we're here for you.
    I did...I take offense to Mason's treatment of law enforcement....especially from a man, Mason, who served his country and treats others who serve their community with such disregard and disdain.
    I edited my previous post
    ----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Intermezzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful One View Post
    What is the special recess for and for how long? I'm at work and missed that. TIA.
    smoke break
    jmo

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zoey For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mama-cita View Post
    Reginald Hosey (or is it Posey?) is really dreamy. I call dibs! Actually WFTV is saying his name is Posey, does anyone know what his real name is??
    I dunno but you might have to fight me for him. He is VERY handsome.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GiantPickle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mama-cita View Post
    Reginald Hosey (or is it Posey?) is really dreamy. I call dibs! Actually WFTV is saying his name is Posey, does anyone know what his real name is??
    Hosey.

Quote Originally Posted by Softail View Post
    Please do! I'm sure I would agree with you!
    I update/edited my first post
    ----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Intermezzo For This Useful Post:

An aside...I have an attorney friend who is VERY high profile in Florida. (Nobody even remotely associated with this case.)

That said....he makes more money than God...yet wears his hair in a rather unkempt manner. He does so for a reason. He does not want to appear flashy but rather a bit eccentric.

My question....does CM wear his hair like that on purpose?

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sleutherontheside For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPickle View Post
    so anyway ....what I was saying was...the men where I come from are expected to be stoic, in control and completely calm in emergency situations and high intensity emotional situations. Is that not the norm for most people? A woman being calm would be odd...but not a man.
    Yes, I'd like them to ask, on redirect, whether LA was calm. bet he was. That's how many men are, especially when their wife is freaking out. What was GA supposed to do? Run around wailing and carrying on like CA? Most men don't do that.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being. Justice will prevail.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:

Cage cage cage cage cage
    cage cage cage cage cage
    cage cage cage cage cage
    cage cage cage cage cage

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BigFatMommyDog For This Useful Post:

I think George was in somewhat of a state of shock (car towed, smell, the learning his granddaughter was missing) combined with trying to stay strong for Cindy. I am sure he was not only terribly worried about Caylee, but Cindy too.
    Justice for Trayvon

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LolaMoon08 For This Useful Post:

in GA's defense... COPS AND DETECTIVE MUST ALWAYS HAVE A CALM AFFECT!! THAT IS ONE OF THEIR TRAITS!! have you ever seen INSANE screaming cops and detectives?? wouldnt THAT behavior be WRONG and NOT condusive to gather info and ascertain facts?? you MUST remain calm in the presence of hysterics or else YOU are doing the situation no good and can NOT help if you are just as out of control...being an Aux Officer for 10 yrs... and working with many law enforcement...GA was being a law enforcement person...imo

31. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to guitasjm For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Intermezzo View Post
    It is HOSEY

Thanks. I need to know if I am the future Mrs. Posey or Mrs. Hosey. Makes a difference, eh??
    "The word which God has written on the brow of every man is Hope." - Victor Hugo

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Everything I post is my opinion only, but it is both my God given and Constitutionally protected right to do so!

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mama-cita For This Useful Post:

In case anyone needs to know how..

ctrl a - highlight page (post) make sure your cursor is the post you want to copy. or you can highlight your text by holding down the left mouse button and dragging up or down.

ctrl c - will copy to inner workings of clip board (you won't see it)

ctrl v - when you're on the new thread and voila. your thread is there.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Disguiseduser0308 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mumsy View Post
    ok.....can someone tell me what CM meant about the "flat effect"? was that about her showing no emotion like she is in court? What confuses me is why did he ask the deputy about "you know what that means"??
    A "Flat Affect" (CM was saying it wrong) is a very common symptom amongst people with severe depression and/or schizophrenia and other mental health problems. Not sure why CM would give the "wink, wink" on it to the witness? I would think he'd want to make that connection clear as day to the jury.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Celt1997 For This Useful Post:

Flat Affect- No emotional response.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZsaZsa For This Useful Post:

He's trying to demonstrate ICAs "molestation trauma" and GAs super detective skills and knowledge of the aforementioned pool drowning. Flat affect is characteristic of several psych conditions (lol, I typed pyscho)

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigFatMommyDog For This Useful Post:

An aside...I have an attorney friend who is VERY high profile in Florida. (Nobody even remotely associated with this case.)

That said....he makes more money than God...yet wears his hair in a rather unkempt manner. He does so for a reason. He does not want to appear flashy but rather a bit eccentric.

Big diff: your friend has style, CM, not so much.

43. The Following User Says Thank You to xin For This Useful Post:

It's 'affect' and I loved that the deputy replied to him "do you mean Affect", when CM said 'effect'.

LOL he was being condescending but he looked like a fool.

45. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to EGirl For This Useful Post:

The comment about CM made me giggle and kind of spit up my brownie at the same time.

47. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ATWC66 For This Useful Post:

I have a notorious temper, and a tendency to freak out. My husband is just the opposite. I think MANY married couples share this dual dynamic. JMO
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~Bob Dylan

49. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mountain_Kat For This Useful Post:

Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast